• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: CharmedGardy

Partner Pokemon - Starmie

Reason for liking the Water Type: They are useful in battle and needed to Surf on. My favourite Legendary (Kyogre) is a water type and I have picked the Water Starters most in the series.

What sort of Water Pokemon do you prefer? - One that can both get me across the game and hit hard in battle like Starmie or Blastoise.

OMG! Hell yeah, I'm so happy you joined us! :') *glomps on you*

Nichoooooolllee, please add him! He's a regular in the Psychic Club and nowadays a fellow club owner! :')

Nice to have you on board! Welcome, my good friend! :)

Years
  • Nichoooooolllee, please add him! He's a regular in the Psychic Club and nowadays a fellow club owner! :')

I'm on it bud! Just gotta respond to him and I'll be done.

Username: CharmedGardy

Partner Pokemon - Starmie

Reason for liking the Water Type: They are useful in battle and needed to Surf on. My favourite Legendary (Kyogre) is a water type and I have picked the Water Starters most in the series.

What sort of Water Pokemon do you prefer? - One that can both get me across the game and hit hard in battle like Starmie or Blastoise.

Great to have you around here as well! Nice choice in Starmie there as a partner plus Kyogre is definitely one of the best 3rd Gen Legendaries ever (I loved its Primal form much better than Groudon's) and of course we both have a tendency to pick Water-type starters so I have good confidence you will enjoy this club.

R2J

Years
  • Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer? Blastoise
    - Your nickname: R2J
    - Your Partner Pokémon: Blastoise
    - Reason for joining the club: Been a fan of water types since Gen 1, where I got Squirtle as my starter. So far have chose the water starter of every gen game I've played.

Years
  • Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer? Blastoise
    - Your nickname: R2J
    - Your Partner Pokémon: Blastoise
    - Reason for joining the club: Been a fan of water types since Gen 1, where I got Squirtle as my starter. So far have chose the water starter of every gen game I've played.

Hello there, nice to see another new face around here!

So, a fan of the Squirtle line? I can understand how much you love the watery turtles because of the huge nostalgic connection it has with you, and it has definitely translated into you picking its successors (Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie) ever since. I hope you enjoy the club and do have fun discussing with our fellow crew.

Reactions: Sun

R2J

Years
  • Hello there, nice to see another new face around here!

So, a fan of the Squirtle line? I can understand how much you love the watery turtles because of the huge nostalgic connection it has with you, and it has definitely translated into you picking its successors (Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie) ever since. I hope you enjoy the club and do have fun discussing with our fellow crew.
    Out of all of those, there is one I didn't fully evolve and that was Oshawott.

Years
  • Out of all of those, there is one I didn't fully evolve and that was Oshawott.

I can understand you since Oshawott is really cute and it's hard to part with the cuteness, although the middle evolution of its line, Dewott, does at least have a cross between cuteness and toughness which is a perfect bridging design which middle stage starters are meant to be.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can understand you since Oshawott is really cute and it's hard to part with the cuteness, although the middle evolution of its line, Dewott, does at least have a cross between cuteness and toughness which is a perfect bridging design which middle stage starters are meant to be.

This. I say the Oshawott line are the perfect Pokémon to showcase the evolution of starters. :)

R2J

Years
  • I can understand you since Oshawott is really cute and it's hard to part with the cuteness, although the middle evolution of its line, Dewott, does at least have a cross between cuteness and toughness which is a perfect bridging design which middle stage starters are meant to be.
    Dewott is as far as I went, considering I don't like the final forms design.

Years
  • Dewott is as far as I went, considering I don't like the final forms design.

I can understand how you feel, because many others thought Samurott looked too different from the pre-evos, but I do have to applaud the artists for trying something different as far as final stage design was, in that many did not expect it coming.

R2J

Years
  • I can understand how you feel, because many others thought Samurott looked too different from the pre-evos, but I do have to applaud the artists for trying something different as far as final stage design was, in that many did not expect it coming.
    Its not the only one that I didn't like, as much as I love Squirtle and its line and the fact that Blastoise has a mega. I prefer the design of Blastoise over its mega.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Its not the only one that I didn't like, as much as I love Squirtle and its line and the fact that Blastoise has a mega. I prefer the design of Blastoise over its mega.

Ah so I'm not the only one who prefers the good ol' Blastoise than the Mega Blastoise. :') Two cannons are better than a one huge cannon paired with two small cannons. But none of them beats Wartortle's ears and tail. :P

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Ah so I'm not the only one who prefers the good ol' Blastoise than the Mega Blastoise. :') Two cannons are better than a one huge cannon paired with two small cannons. But none of them beats Wartortle's ears and tail. :P

I think Wartortle is pretty alright, even though personally I prefer Squirtle and Blastoise much more (it's my taste, though, don't judge me), and I also prefer the good old Blastoise than its Mega form at times because I think 2 water cannons are enough for me.

There are some water Pokemon that I enjoy in fully-evolved form, though, just like Greninja and Blastoise which are cool in their own ways.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think Wartortle is pretty alright, even though personally I prefer Squirtle and Blastoise much more (it's my taste, though, don't judge me), and I also prefer the good old Blastoise than its Mega form at times because I think 2 water cannons are enough for me.

There are some water Pokemon that I enjoy in fully-evolved form, though, just like Greninja and Blastoise which are cool in their own ways.

To each on their own, you won't hate me for preferring Wartortle's tail and ears over Blastoise.~ :P Naturally you are not hated for loving Squirtle and Blastoise. :D I'm a Water-type fanatic, as long as you aren't here to bash about the Water-type, you're more than welcome to splash around. Ah! Don't splash in my eyes!

Years
  • Its not the only one that I didn't like, as much as I love Squirtle and its line and the fact that Blastoise has a mega. I prefer the design of Blastoise over its mega.

As Sun said, not everyone loves every member of an evolution line. Like, it may be acceptable to like the middle and final stages, but not like the first stage as much. It's something you expect on sites where you share opinions like on this forum.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • What better way to kickstart my PC activity than to join a Water Club. ;)

- Your nickname: Hydro

- Your Partner Pokémon: Horsea

- Reason for joining the club: In the real world my job (swimming teacher/lifeguard) and interests (surfing and swimming laps at the local pool) actually revolve around water, so it is a natural fit to favour Water-type Pokemon. :D They've always appealed to me because of the immense diversity available and their unique designs that mirror aquatic life in the real world (like recently when I visited the Philippines and I swam with the rays and sharks - what an experience!). The design behind some of the moves are quite awesome too, in particular Surf and Water Pulse. On that note it is impossible to complete a game without a Surfer hehe. In terms of competitive battling value the Water-type is one of the most superior with the diversity in dual types and roles available too.

Also on a side note with me returning to PC I thought this would be the best place to start connecting with other members! Feel free to PM/VM me if you would like to chat haha. :)

- Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer? I enjoy bulky Water-type Pokemon, or those that stall the opponent; I'm thinking Vaporeon with Hydration and Rest, or Ludicolo with Rain Dish and Leech Seed. >:3 I'm a fan of Rain teams so any Water-type which can lend a hand with that philosophy appeal to me. But I'd definitely like to see a bottle-nosed dolphin become Pokemonized next generation, this would definitely be a favourite for me.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What better way to kickstart my PC activity than to join a Water Club. ;)

- Your nickname: Hydro

- Your Partner Pokémon: Horsea

- Reason for joining the club: In the real world my job (swimming teacher/lifeguard) and interests (surfing and swimming laps at the local pool) actually revolve around water, so it is a natural fit to favour Water-type Pokemon. :D They've always appealed to me because of the immense diversity available and their unique designs that mirror aquatic life in the real world (like recently when I visited the Philippines and I swam with the rays and sharks - what an experience!). The design behind some of the moves are quite awesome too, in particular Surf and Water Pulse. On that note it is impossible to complete a game without a Surfer hehe. In terms of competitive battling value the Water-type is one of the most superior with the diversity in dual types and roles available too.

Also on a side note with me returning to PC I thought this would be the best place to start connecting with other members! Feel free to PM/VM me if you would like to chat haha. :)

- Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer? I enjoy bulky Water-type Pokemon, or those that stall the opponent; I'm thinking Vaporeon with Hydration and Rest, or Ludicolo with Rain Dish and Leech Seed. >:3 I'm a fan of Rain teams so any Water-type which can lend a hand with that philosophy appeal to me. But I'd definitely like to see a bottle-nosed dolphin become Pokemonized next generation, this would definitely be a favourite for me.

*whistles* Welcome to our Water-type Club.

And wait a moment. Nichole we got someone from 'Straya and he loves Water-type just like you!

You got an interesting job. *eyes glitter* Ludicolo also works well with Swift Swim and Scald! It's evil, try whacking a team with the said Ludicolo. ;) AND HELL YES for that bottlenose dolphin, make that a starter please.

Years
  • Hey great to see another Australian member in this club! It's weird we don't see many even though it's a country literally surrounded by water.

Anyways, nice to see you do a job that involves water so it was natural you love Water-type Pokemon! They are indeed very versatile in terms of their stats and battle performance, where you have some that are bulky defensive tanks and others that focus on all-out attacking, and with all the different type combinations we now have it's so amazing to see how far the type has come, and proven why its abundance allows for so many diversity.

And yes, I really want a dolphin to become a Pokemon in 7th Gen. It seriously needs to be done. Have fun posting around the club!

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • *whistles* Welcome to our Water-type Club.

And wait a moment. Nichole we got someone from 'Straya and he loves Water-type just like you!

You got an interesting job. *eyes glitter* Ludicolo also works well with Swift Swim and Scald! It's evil, try whacking a team with the said Ludicolo. ;) AND HELL YES for that bottlenose dolphin, make that a starter please.
    Thankyou Sun! Woohoo haha, we are around! ;) I'm very lucky to have the job that I do!

Yes I've definitely enjoyed using a hyper offensive team which takes advantage of Rain and Swift Swim. Not much get past a Ludicolo with Hydro Pump, Energy Ball, Ice Beam and Focus Blast. It just shows how versatile our type can be. :D I generally have a Swift Swimmer on my Rain Stall team to clean up any remaining opponents late in the battle. If a future region is ever to be based on Down Under lets pledge for a Dolphin-inspired Water starter, for sure!

Hey great to see another Australian member in this club! It's weird we don't see many even though it's a country literally surrounded by water.

Anyways, nice to see you do a job that involves water so it was natural you love Water-type Pokemon! They are indeed very versatile in terms of their stats and battle performance, where you have some that are bulky defensive tanks and others that focus on all-out attacking, and with all the different type combinations we now have it's so amazing to see how far the type has come, and proven why its abundance allows for so many diversity.

And yes, I really want a dolphin to become a Pokemon in 7th Gen. It seriously needs to be done. Have fun posting around the club!
    Thanks for your warm welcome, Hika! And yes we Aussie Pokemon fans are around. ;) That is definitely a valid point, I mean the majority of our population live in coastal areas so everyone has some degree of relationship with Water. Maybe they're just super at hide and seek - like I've been these past two years. ;)

Definitely have no complaints about my office haha. I look up from my desk and I see the public enjoying their leisure time with family and friends, it's great energy to see and be part of their experience. To bring Pokemon into this, it's a similar sight to the anime where Water-type Pokemon seem to behave in a casual/leisurely manner. I'm thinking the Pokemon at the Cerulean City Gym, or even wild Pokemon (Ash's Tododile, the Golduck Misty mistook for her Psyduck evolving, etc) as examples. :)

Thanks again, Hika! I was also thinking a seaweed Pokemon, even though I understand we now have Dragalge who resembles kelp, but I was thinking more on the lines of a Water/Grass type. After all we only have the Ludicolo line!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Thankyou Sun! Woohoo haha, we are around! ;) I'm very lucky to have the job that I do!

Yes I've definitely enjoyed using a hyper offensive team which takes advantage of Rain and Swift Swim. Not much get past a Ludicolo with Hydro Pump, Energy Ball, Ice Beam and Focus Blast. It just shows how versatile our type can be. :D I generally have a Swift Swimmer on my Rain Stall team to clean up any remaining opponents late in the battle. If a future region is ever to be based on Down Under lets pledge for a Dolphin-inspired Water starter, for sure!

Thanks for your warm welcome, Hika! And yes we Aussie Pokemon fans are around. ;) That is definitely a valid point, I mean the majority of our population live in coastal areas so everyone has some degree of relationship with Water. Maybe they're just super at hide and seek - like I've been these past two years. ;)

Definitely have no complaints about my office haha. I look up from my desk and I see the public enjoying their leisure time with family and friends, it's great energy to see and be part of their experience. To bring Pokemon into this, it's a similar sight to the anime where Water-type Pokemon seem to behave in a casual/leisurely manner. I'm thinking the Pokemon at the Cerulean City Gym, or even wild Pokemon (Ash's Tododile, the Golduck Misty mistook for her Psyduck evolving, etc) as examples. :)

Thanks again, Hika! I was also thinking a seaweed Pokemon, even though I understand we now have Dragalge who resembles kelp, but I was thinking more on the lines of a Water/Grass type. After all we only have the Ludicolo line!

*high fives* That Ludicolo is hella wicked! I believe the opposing teams who were trying to rub their legends in my face wasn't expecting a jolly whack from Ludicolo! >:)

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Those two are unstoppable. Oh, don't forget to let Azumarill enjoy the jolly wrecking. *insane laughter*

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Welcome Hydro. I also like the idea of a Dolphin Water Type.

A Dolphin starter could really work, it could start off as pure water and it's Final Form could be Water/Psychic. The Psychic typing referring to how intelligent Dolphins are.

Oh and I agree with the usefulness of Azumarill. The water mouse got a big boost this Gen and really helped me in my Alpha Sapphire playthrough. :)

I am currently doing a Shiny Hunt involving finding as many shiny chain fished Pokemon as possible. I have so far found Gyarados, Seaking, Red Stripe Basculin, Horsea, Clauncher, Poliwag (Now a Green Poliwrath :)) and Poliwhirl. (Now a Blue and Pinky purple Politoed).

I have just noticed that Politoed can learn Psychic and as the counterpart to the Water/Fighting Poliwrath, the frog Pokémon maybe should be Water/Psychic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back