• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] DMax Raid Ridiculousness

Years
    This game really becomes absolute 0 with 3 NPCs in a DMax Raid. I did a raid where a water Pokemon was up 5 star and 3 NPC fire Pokemon were entered. I have a lavel 100 Toxicity and the match went on for as few rounds as possible because of the stupid gd fire Pokemon the stupidity of these Raid battles cannot be overstated...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    5* raids are kind of absurd yeah. 1* to 4* is fine, but then the difficulty just skyrockets with the 5* star ones for some reason.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Five star raids are a lot harder than four star raids, but even then you can solo them.

My main gripe is not being able to choose the NPC's that come along with you.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    You can solo five star raids, but it depends on several factors especially what the AI uses.

If you don't have enough patience to suffer the reque until the Y-comm actually works for someone else(I wouldn't blame you)..perhaps try to make some friends here hunting 5*s and group up?

Who cares about the pride of soloing everything when all the AI is gonna do is frustrate you ; )

Years
    I've determined with playing with other actual people that you have to have a strong enough internet signal. I was on my home wifi and that wasn't strong enough. I went to my workplace and connected to my wifi there (which is a business class wifi and I was the only one there at the time) and I was able to join others and get people to join me. Unfortunately the Switch dock doesn't have an Ethernet port, but you need a very strong wifi to get an actual connection strong enough to participate in MP. I suppose if you have Xfinity's highest home internet package you probably could do it, but like 25 mbps, 40 mbps, I'm not sure that will cut it it seems... And yes, the NPCs that join the 5 star raids are 100% of the problem with completing them...

Last edited:
    Back