• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do u think it is a bad habit to say you know? at the end of sentence?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    some people like to say you know? a lot

do u think it is a bad habit?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I do it sometimes. It's fine unless somebody actually ends every single sentence with ya know.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    oh dude that's bad news if it is because I do that really often. like really often. I even do it online as I'm sure some of you have picked up on. (;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's not a bad habit, it's just ****ing annoying. Almost as bad as people who say like a lot.

Years
    It depends on the context. I find it ok it you've just explained everything and you're just using it to finish off your sentence, but when people say things like

"Oh, it's just, you know."

No. No I don't know. That's when it's bad.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    Well if you say it a bad habit or just a habit when I was new at places online , whenever I right something I would add a signature thing like

~ralts

~heracross

Well these habits are over now, I don't think they were bad :)

pkmin3033

I can think of more annoying habits than this one, although there are times, if I stop to think about it, when it does irritate me, because it's ridiculously redundant. But I find excessive use of "like" far more irritating, to be honest.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    It's, like, you know, highly annoying. Like, it can get pretty irritating if you, you know, use it, like, frequently.

So yeah, it's like...irritating, that's what. Nothing more nothing less, you know?
    runs

Years
    It's just like putting "Like" or "totally" and all the other expressions. If you're doing it too much, it's annoying. Of course some people cant help it but should try to lower it a bit.

Back