• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually like Pokemon?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
  • Yeah I love pokemon and every thing related to it, that is why I am here, I have a whole room full of my pokemon items and "Babe" aka Husband is building my a some what glass case to store my many, many, many games in and he's not even into it his self.

Attacker Z

The Pokemaniac
    Years
  • yeah, I like pokemon, its a great game and a great community, I love to talk about it and throw around ideas and joke about it, like joining team plasma to free pokemon :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I enjoy the occasional anime episode and play the games religiously upon release, but the hype dies down for awhile until I start feeling like trading/breeding/doing something competitively.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I also forgot to mention I don't have an alarm clock that I use I have an internal one and wake up every morning at 11am to watch pokemon on toondisney.

WhiteShinigami

Hollow Ichigo
    Years
  • First off, I am new here, I just wanna say hello and nice to meet you all!

I like Pokémon a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I've been a fan of Pokémon since the original anime back in the 90s. I used to play Pokémon Silver on my Pokémon gameboy for years until it finally crapped out. One of these days I'll be purchasing a 3DS with one of the new games. Until then I mostly just play the little Pokémon fangames that are around the web where you play with other players. I haven't watched the actual anime in years, so I have no Idea what's going on at all, and can't be bothered to watch 800+ episodes. I think the only ones I've seen are all of Kanto region, Orange Islands, Johto region, a little bit of Hoenn (very little) and the entire of Sinnoh, sat through all 191 episodes back in early 2012. But I'm not completely clueless. I know more about Pokémon than you may think. All these new Pokémon are strangers to me, but that's why there is an online Pokédex.

Years
  • I would say I'm a little above the average Pokémon fan. I get in fazes when I'm totally obsessed with it, but than I take a break for a few months. Haha... but yes, I do love Pokémon for what it is! Even if it does get a tad boring sometimes... but I've always loved these types of games and magical creatures, so hey what's not to love? XD

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I've loved the anime since I was 5, played the games since I was 10, and I am still obsessing over it now at 16. Of course I love Pokémon! And I don't think there's anything that can change that. I've always believed that the games are magical, and in a way they are. They brought me a lot of joy over the years. Not to mention how much I adored the anime as a child! I would have done anything to join the world of Pokémon for myself. What am I saying? I STILL would do anything to join the Pokémon world!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Hm. It can be a bit of a complex answer.

I love the glitches that spawned in the original games. That aspect of Pokemon probably has had the greatest impact on my life. I follow a few YouTubers who show that glitches in the gen I games are still being discovered to this day.

I certainly like the world Pokemon has built. But I can't say I'm super into the battles or story. When it comes to RPGs I would prefer a game where you have to be more actively involved in the gameplay. Pokemon isn't that way. If you look away from the screen nothing's going to happen that wouldn't have happened anyways. I don't feel like I have as much control over the battle as I would like. But I do understand that the element of chance is needed in a kid's game. Chance acts as an equalizer and allows people who might not win by pure skill to have an actual shot.
    The story is really pretty weak in all of the games. They're pretty generic and have lots of holes in them. But the small events, quests, and NPCs end up filling my desire for narrative pretty well. I like the Pokemon world as a whole even if I don't really care about the villain of the week.

I stopped playing Pokemon after generation three because Pokemon wasn't making moves to make the games interesting to play. It was the same gameplay with differences that weren't apparent, to me, on the surface. Because the gameplay was so monotonous I decided it'd be better to spend my time elsewhere. Generation six, however, pulled me back in to a certain extent. It seemed to be making some massive changes to the battles and was at least making it more visually interesting to watch.

I'll say this about generation six and how I ultimately feel about Pokemon. X and Y tapped on a chord that had not been struck in a long time. But it didn't have the strength I wanted it to. Pokemon is beginning to move in the direction I need it to. I love what Pokemon has the potential to become. I love many of the concepts and Pokemon themselves. But there's a reason why when it comes to Pokemon I shine at speculation and not at any other time. It's because I can see the potential. But seeing it isn't enough.

I hope that answers well enough.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I was a huge fan of Pokemon when I was 8-13. I collected the cards, watched the show every Saturday morning on KidsWB, I had Pokemon sheets/comforter, giant pillows of Pikachu and Meowth. I also played the games, Yellow and Crystal being the main ones. I also collected the Tomy figures. And saw every film.

Around 2003 I started losing interest in Pokemon. I stopped buying the cards in 2003, mostly because I didn't like the way they were going with the E-series, then I stopped buying the games in 2004 and I didn't have any interest in buying a DS. I stopped watching the show altogether in 2006 along with the movies mostly because of the voice actors changing.

I saw a video of Pokemon cards being opened on Youtube in 2013 and wanted to to have that feeling of opening a pack again. So decided to collect the cards again, I only collect 5 sets currently. I do remember seeing Durant and Braviary as cards for the first time and thinking "These Pokemon exist?"

I'll catch an episode here and there now but I don't really watch it much and I haven't seen any of the films after the Deoxys movie. I did buy Black 2 which was my first game since FireRed but to be honest I haven't had much interest in the games since Crystal.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Pokemon has always been one of my most beloved things ever since it's North American release.

I wouldn't be on this forum otherwise. Though... you guys do throw rather wild parties, I admit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I definitely love Pokemon. I've loved it for 15 years now. I've never felt like I"m "growing out of it" or anything, because I wasn't even all that young anyway when I started playing it, I was 17 when I got my first Yellow game. Over the years I've certainly gotten into other games and other activities, and I go through lapses where I'm not playing or doing much with Pokemon, but it always has a special place in my heart.

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
    Years
  • Pokemon was my life when I was like 4-12/13 ish
    I watched all the episodes faithfully, I bought all the games, both versions up to gen 5 (exept leaf green), Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, White, White 2, X, Y.

I owned like 6 movies, have the gen 1 starters bobble heads, have a collectible pokeball.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Honestly, I've been growing out of it the past few years. But I still want to like it, I liked it ever since I was 3. I watched the anime the first day it aired in America and was hooked ever since. So I'm hoping that ORAS will restore my love for the series again. Sorry to anybody who does, but I just didn't like Black, White, X and Y.

Years
  • I've gone full circle with Pokemon, but that's mainly because of past time constraints. I've loved the series from the moment I picked up my Game Boy Color and popped in my Silver cartridge. Like most of us, the reason I joined this forum was to express my affection for the franchise with other people who have similar interests. Unfortunately, not too many people at my school care for Pokemon as much as I do. :/

Years
  • I love it:)
    It's actually the only game I never get bored even after finishing the game!
    I already played the other series and I love them all. I just hope that in the future games they won't change it too much... I don't know, everytime they do a new one it become more and more different than first one... (like in pokemon x/y the plot was very short unlike the others games...) But still it's still fun playing:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I love Pokémon! I used to be big into it when I was younger, player the games up to Gen 3, watched the anime & collected the cards. As I got into my teens I fell away from it and got mixed in some normal teenage stuff but I still liked the anime if it was on (of course being a 14 year old boy, I didn't tell anyone in fear of ridicule). About 2 Years ago I was in a store called asda, which is essentially the U.K's Walmart, and I seen the Black & White movie DVD on one of the end racks for £5 and for nostalgia's sake I picked it up. After watching it I quickly went on the internet and watched a few episodes of season 1. Loved it, had to get the DVDs asap! Only trouble with that was that the UK got shafted when it came to the DVD releases, we only got the movies. But, first thing I did was get a multi region DVD player and its probably the best thing I've ever bought. I ordered the first three seasos from eBay, the Australian releases. Not cheap either and with the way I was watching them I had to order the rest. Now I've got all 15 seasons (and 16 on its way) I'm in love with it again. Im actually a little upset that for the next two weeks until it arrives I only have the X&Y series to watch as I miss watching the anime while there's nothing new to watch.

I have my collection of DVDs proudly displayed in my room, and I can't remember the last day in the last two years I haven't watched an episode old or new (to me anyway). Its q big part of my life now, and I'm fortunate to have met a friend at college that is as big a fan as me.

Its funny how many people you meet in college that play the games, watch the anime and generally like talking old memories about it in college. Its somehow one of the coolest things to discuss. The amount of people that say "love the hat" when I'm wearing my Ash cap at college is funny!

zamo

A true Pokèmon Master
    Years
  • I am a huge fan of pokemon, I even started a hack on emerald, hence the name, Pokèmon Kalos Emerald Version was a game where you'd explore Kalos on a GBA-type system, it worked out fine until I discovered I need to script, it's my worst enemy :/

I have played Pokèmon ever since emerald, when I had my hands on Pokèmon Diamond, I almost walked out of the shop without paying! :P [S-HIGHLIGHT]Pokèmon Omega Ruby will make Christmas alone![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spoiler:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Uh, I love Pokemon but not as much as when I was a kid.
    My first game was Red then Yellow.
    I think that really stops after RSE, where I didn't really have much time to play anymore.
    Though I still get excited for new games and will buy and play but I aren't that avid no more.

P.S - Forgot to mention that BW and B2W2 dwindles my love for Pokemon a lot, though XY pushed it back a lot, still.

Back