• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually like Pokemon?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Well, I'd assume so since this is Pokecommunity, but there's some people that rarely post in other sections.
    I like Pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I like it too, but there's only so much you can post about a game that's been out for a while, unless your battling or trading. I'm a member at Sherdog, the MMA/UFC forum. I'm not the biggest fan of MMA anymore, but the sub forums are amazing.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Aye, it's alright :P

In seriousness, I was a fanatic when I was a kid, which continued into my teens. As I approached my mid-teens it wavered slightly, then my interest was re-kindled with the discovery of emulators and ROMs, and I started playing my old GBC games again.

I lost interest for a while, but then fell back in love with the series with the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, which are now my favourite games of the series.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm a huge pokemon fan. <3 I play pokemon nearly every single day. However, the only reason I hardly post in the actual forums is because of my interest barrier. I have really strict interests, and while I do love pokemon and all, I'm not uber obsessed with it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I do enjoy pokemon, I can't play it all the time but it's good for on the go gaming and has repeatedly cured boredom/kept me up all night.

Years
    I love Pokemon, but I don't go in the pokemon related sections much because after a while there's not much more to read that I haven't already seen. I haven't played a game in weeks, but when new ones come out I get super excited and obsessed for a few months. I go through streaks of being super obsessed, and being meh for a while, back to being obsessed.
    But since it's one of the only games I actually will play, I do consider myself to be a big fan.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Nah, I'm just here for the booze and wild parties.

....Kidding, I like Pokemon a lot. The video games, anyway. Haven't been into the card game or anime in years.

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I put at least thirty minutes to one hour everyday to play Pokemon X/Y. Pretty sure that should clearly spell out my stance on the question of this thread. I do find it rather monotonous though.

But I'm definitely not a big frequenter of the Pokemon-related sub-forums. Maybe now and then I visit.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
    Sorta. I'm not interested in the newer games and stick to the older games because I find them much more enjoyable when I'm in the mood to play them which is rarely. I haven't watched the anime since I was a kid and I don't intend on going back to watching the anime, I've moved on to better things.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    This belongs in Pokemon General, CCC is a forum for non-Pokemon related talk :)
    So yeah I'm gonna move it there

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
    Who the heck wouldn't love pokemon? I can't live without pokemon and my friend says that I should grow up and stop playing then I was like "Who the ♪♦♥♣ cares?". Pokemon is my life and I will be always it's number 1 fan.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I could go for the horribly cliche "Like? I love it!", but no.

I wasn't really an oldie or anything, I only joined when Diamond came out! But, I can say I love the series, it's one of my favourite game series, alongside things like Touhou. Its uniqueness drew me into the universe of Pokemon, as I really liked the idea of becoming a monster coach training your Pokemon to "be the best there ever was". I just wanna give Mr. Tajiri a pat on the back, and tell him he's a genius.

The games? Immersion is a given. Pulls you into the fun from the get go, and basically the pinnacle of the series.

The anime? Slipping a bit in my opinion, but nonetheless good.

That's all I've tried from the Pokemon series. I've never been more satisfied in my life. <3

also...would I be here if I didn't?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I like it but for some reason I haven't been able to enjoy the games past the Champion, probably because X and Y aren't that good IMO.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This belongs in Pokemon General, CCC is a forum for non-Pokemon related talk :)
    So yeah I'm gonna move it there
    Haha but this being in CCC is the reason it got so many replies so fast xD Only people who like pokémon look in Pokémon General (or?)

I like pokémon. It's the one franchise I know that is so wide and vast and free that there's really something for everyone.

Years
    I like Pokemon, it's pretty much been taking over three-quarters of my life so far. Even though the Pokemon sections aren't my most-visited, I still do post in there a lot because I like to share my experiences and stuff.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I like it but for some reason I haven't been able to enjoy the games past the Champion, probably because X and Y aren't that good IMO.

It's more because X and Y are seriously lacking in post-Elite 4 content.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    It's more because X and Y are seriously lacking in post-Elite 4 content.

I don't think so, there's always fun to be had raising Pokémon for battle. But, ever since they moved to the new EV\IV system, I lost patience trying to raise Pokémon because it became unnecessarily complicated.

Back