• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care about what strangers think of you?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    When it comes to how I look and dress and how I feel about myself, what strangers think of me plays a great deal on my mind and if I don't think I look good, then I imagine everybody is staring at me and judging me.

When it comes to how I act, I honestly couldn't give a crap lol - I play that game where I say something really awkward or scandalous loudly as we pass groups of conservative-looking older people and then try to discretely catch their eye to see if they're throwing me looks of disgust. That's one of my favourite games to play, though it embarrasses my friends to no end - particularly when I mention a sexual position I particularly enjoyed them doing the previous night or names for our baby that she's carrying (though the baby thing worked better back when I was 14-16... at 21 it has less of an impact lmao).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    They are strangers meaning that once I pass by them I will never see them again or probably run into them once or twice more in my life. So if I act like a complete lunatic which I have especially in Times Square with my friends and people look at me weird, I say to myself or if my friends say something, "who cares". As I say to myself and others, "You do you" and I do me.

:t354:TG

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I know I really should, but I really do. Even if I know I'm never going to see a number of people ever again, I'll make sure I do nothing embarassing for having them think badly of me. It's highly irrational, I know, and I'm trying not to care as much but... I always think I will to a certain extent, unfortunately.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm quite self conscious, but honestly I probably won't see them again so it shouldn't bother me. But if like, I've embarrassed myself, and there are a load of strangers laughing at me, I might just get a little paranoid.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I get too paranoid about what pretty much anyone thinks about me. If I',walking down the street and someone laughs, I automatically think they're laughing at me. So then I start thinking "Hmm, maybe I'm making weird faces" when I'm actually not, so then I start making weird faces.
    I also try to walk where there are no people and avoid eye contact.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I also try to walk where there are no people and avoid eye contact.

Me too, but the reason behind it is I like company of only a few people. Other than them, I like being alone, in silence, lost in my own thoughts. A bunch of people just make useless noise.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Until I start talking to a stranger, not at all. I usually keep to myself anyways when amongst strangers until I start conversing with them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not really, unless there's some chance of having to get to know them in the future. For the most part, strangers can think whatever they want of me; as long as they leave me alone, I really don't care.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    As long as I'm on a standard level and don't have something on that would be considered embarrassing or filthy, I'm fine. I don't care all that much how I look because I'm not trying to look cool or handsome, after all.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
    Strangers may think whatever they want, even if it is not real. They usually judge you from what your face, hair, clothes or shoes looks like.

When sb laughs when is looking at me, I think he/she laughs about me, but I don't care much, I am not waking up every morning to impress the others.

I caught an ugly girl, older than me, in the bus in our way to school, speaking about my hair to her friend, while it looked ok. Maybe she doesn't have mirrors in her house to look herself...

Years
    I really wish I didn't care what strangers thought about me because I doubt they have any sort of opinion xD But unfortunately I do and I can't even go to the corner shop without doing my hair before I leave :x

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I don't care what some random people who I will never see again think of me. Why should I make myself uncomfortable just so random people accept me? If I did care what they thought, I would have stopped playing Pokemon and doing other kiddy things years ago.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I care in the sense, yes I want to make a good impression and act like a decent human being. A stranger could be a friend you just haven't met yet. But do I think about it a lot and really care? No.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yeah. I want to present myself in my best manner possible. That doesn't mean I hold back my personality, likes, dislikes, or authenticity, though. You never know who that stranger might become in your life. What's important is the difference between "care" and "worry," here. I don't worry about what people think. I just care what they think because negatives could come back to bite me.

I care what about people think about me because they keep me in line. Too much "Oh screw what they think!" and I'll end up with another parking ticket.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    no omg I make an ass out of myself in front of strangers all the time. Especially if I'm with friends, we get pretty crazy and people stare lol. But seriously, I've fallen with no actual reason to trip like a thousand times or I'll have really loud awkward conversations with friends and people are like "wtf is that girl doing" and I'm like "idgaf see you never~~"

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    one of the things i learned as a student commuter is not to be too conscious of what strangers think of you. of course, you should do your best to be courteous to other people, and to be conscious of what you do, but if you do something rather embarrassing on the road (and i do a lot of embarrassing things), like slip on a banana peel or something, you shouldn't be too worried.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I couldn't care less what strangers think of me.
    My parents' would always tell me to behave nicely when I'm out in public.
    But I really don't care. Some times when strangers stare at me I say, "What? Am I beautiful or something?" and then they proceed to scurry away. xD

Back