• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you cheat the Pokewalker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • I mainly wear it legitimately, however, once I did attach it to my Siberian Husky's collar, and he sure has a lot of energy!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2011
    i used to wear it when i went to school but than one day i left it in my pocket then one day my mom did the laundry and it was still in there and it broke TT-TT

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Unfortunately I never got the Pokewalker with my version of Soul Silver(It was a used copy). Even though I never got it, I have a question. Has anyone ever tried to cheat with it by tying it to a string and treating it like a yo-yo?

Years
  • How can I cheat when I never use the thing? At first I would put two hair ties around my ankle and put it there. I'm an avid swinger, I would walk to the park and swing for hours on end, still with the walker attached to my ankle. Then life got in the way and I forgot about it. Maybe using it again will get me into walking, I'm not in the best of shape.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    I used a Lego Mindstorms kit to create a mini-robot that would walk around my room and fitted my Pokewalker into it. I went off to school, came home, and boom- 9000 steps with next to no effort. Epic. Win.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Come on guys! That's just lazy! haha :P
    It's there as an incentive to get exercise because that's the path nintendo has chosen to take! In almost any game that requires any kind of physical workout, there's ways to cheat, but why even play the game in the first place if you're going to?

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Oh, please, we know that any gaming corporation that attempts to get people to exercise with games is just trying to earn brownie points with the EU, or at least, that's how it seems over here. Not that I'm condemning it, as I don't particularly need exercise, but it's not an incentive to get people exercising, just to get them known for trying to be healthy and give them an edge over other companies who don't.

Years
  • I haven't used the Pokewalker in months; I've unlocked pretty much everything it has to offer. Yes, though, I realized almost right away that I could cheat with it, and that that was the way to go. My theory and experience has shown that you can't shake it too quickly or it knows that you're faking, but anything under about 120 shakes per minute is fine.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, well I used to just shake my Pokéwalker around with my arm when I was bored, but it worked, so yeah. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I can't cheat the PokéWalker if I never bother myself to use it at all.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I never found the PokéWalker useful enough to turn it on for long enough to cheat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back