• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you considering yourself a unique writer?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Be honest here, do you consider your writing/writing style unique? It's okay if you don't think it is, and is like a lot of other people's.

I do consider the way I write to be different from a lot of people. I love making my own metaphors, and also do something where the metaphor or phrase evolves throughout the chapter/section I'm writing. Since i find stuff like "can cut the tension with a knife" to be overdone, so I like to invent my own that suits my story needs.

Here's an example:

"Uneasiness had taken residence inside him" > "Fear made a down payment within the residence inside him" > "Fear made its first mortgage payment within the residence inside him" until it finally ended with: "fear immediately made its second mortgage payment inside him." (It's something I'm seeding throughout in separate paragraphs, obviously, lol.)

I'm sure a lot of people do something like this with their usage of metaphors, maybe, but I think it's something that's fun and unique to do.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I have my own way of doing things in some cases, and then it's pretty unoriginal in others. I still work on finding my own writing styles even today, seeing as I'm often unhappy with the way my writing turns out.

Years
I think it's hard to say for sure. I think a lot of my story/world/character ideas aren't especially unique, but I've been told before that I tend to approach these ideas in a different way to most.

Bay

Years
To be honest I get so hard over myself when I think about my writing style because before I had folks say that I get awkward sentences every paragraph and I'm like "If people can't understand my writing do I really have a writing style?" Friends that read my works though mentioned that my writing tends to be more of a happy/hopeful tone and good character studies.

Back