• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Dream in Color?

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
Years
  • Hmhmhm dreaming in black and white that would be an experience but alas all I dream in is color and I remember my dreams vividly but dreams usually have something to do with what you experinced that day or something you watched, now the four stages of sleep lets see they are stage 1 you all should remember this one typically because its the one you control then baseline sleep which is harder to rember and not controled by you it occupies 15-20 min of youre night then alpha sleep and delta sleep you dont want ta get woken up in these two because basically its like being in a coma you can get serious brain damage that is all i know about NREM and REM sleep(Non rapid eye movement and rapid eye movement) oop so sorry got carried away

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I know for a fact that I do dream in color, I just don't know if I dream in color all the time. The only dream that's become embedded in my memory was a dream that I had the night before my grandmother passed away back in 2003. How I've managed to keep it in my memory for so long is a mystery, but it dealt with her dying, and the next day it happened, so its really struck me as something rather strange considering I pretty much predicted her death before it happened in some way or another. The colors in that dream were rather vibrant, actually.

Anyway, I do recall dreaming in gray scale after my mother passed away in my first and, so far, only dream I've had of her since her time of death two years ago. Its rather upsetting that I've only had one dream that I can remember of her. So I dream in both, I just don't know what determines the color of dreams I have nor why I forget some dreams and others remain in my memory.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I Have Dreamed In Both Color And Greyscale. It's Wierd. When It's Set In The Past It's Normally Greyscale, But It Went Greyscale After I Went To My Uncles Funeral. It's Like. Something Is Making Us Dream In Color Or Greyscale////

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • People dream in colour, but they remember their dreams in black and white. Apparently, it's because the brain forgets the colours. For those of you who remember their dreams in colour, it's probably because you guys remember the dreams themselves and put colour in them.

Another strange thing about dreams is that you only remember a portion of them. You don't remember the enitre dream, just a few seconds of it; as if the dream itself was only a few seconds long. Not sure why this happens, though.

To answer the question, though, I dream in colour, but I remember my dreams in greyscale. I don't bother to put colour into my memories, since I'm lucky to even remember the dream. Sometimes, I don't remember my dreams, no matter how amazing they are.

I could go on for ages about dreams, since they're so amazing, but I think I'll have to stop here. xD

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • There are two dreams in my mind right now. One in greyscale and one in color. But from bits and pieces from other dreams I remember, it's usually in color unless it is something special.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • I've never dreamed in black and white, nor have I ever remembered my dreams in such.

Always color. o.o

Of course, I could always have dreams in black and white that I just don't remember. xD

ultimatelucariotrainer

Psychic Trainer, now with Ice
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I always dream in colour, even about non-important stuff, like dreaming about eating cheese....

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Most of the time, my dreams are black, white and grey with patches of clarity here and there. I was usually a spectator, looking at someone/thing else doing something.

If they are not black,white and gray, chances are I am not having dreams that night.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Color, and I usually remember everything that happens in my dreams.

Like last night, I was in a taxi, driving, I look back and see one of my friends racing to catch up. I stop the car, and she gets in. She's tired and the taxi driver's looking at me like: Help her, you douche bag. So I go to her, give her a hug, and try to kiss her, but she moves away. I get... hang on, Im rambling, aren't I. I'll shut up. : ]

So yea, my dreams are in color. xD

Back