• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel superior or inferior of others?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I really try to avoid people like this guy. But seriously, every time I see he posted on somewhere, I already know it's either an insult or something racist. And even then, it still puzzles me when I actually read the post. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned by now. (and it's sad that he's not even a troll, but a 12-ish year old with like, zero respect for anyone)

Respect is earned, not given. Why should i respect you if you work at a job any 16 years old could do it? If you work at IT industry , engineer then i respect you.

Years
  • Respect is earned, not given. Why should i respect you if you work at a job any 16 years old could do it? If you work at IT industry , engineer then i respect you.

Excuse me, was that supposed to be an argument or? You have to try harder.
    Fun fact: you might think you're above others as a troll, but you actually are not (cos no one really cares, not even I do, even if it looks like I do...I dont, but pssh) ;)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Respect is earned, not given. Why should i respect you if you work at a job any 16 years old could do it? If you work at IT industry , engineer then i respect you.
    this is the only time I will try to reason with you because from what I've seen before it's ultimately futile and pretty much the stupidest thing I could do but whatever I have nothing better to do.

what if that person wasn't able to secure a job in the field that they want to sculpt a career in and have to take another low-paying low-level job just to put food on the table?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I definitely feel pretty inferior to other. I was never the smartest person and seeing the ideas and projects and how much better and more creative they are compared to mine. A lot of people seem to put more effort in their work and have a lot more skills than me. For example in my figure drawing class, I was only there for a month and there were people there who were already drawing really detailed figures and I was still figuring out how to place the basic lines and shapes to make the figure. And I was so behind everyone else, I felt inadequate to everyone. Same for my drawing classes. Everyone there knows more on perspective, forshortening and making straight lines and curves, and my boxes look like some 8th grader drew them. It really can take a person's confidence and determination away.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    If i am walking down the street seeing random people, i just have my guard up.
    If i meet someone new, i never reveal any personal information other than my name.
    If i feel like i am being challenged i rapidly respond to my offender.

To me those that see themselves as superior to anyone in anyway with no valid proof at all (for example someone just walks down a mall thinking he's better than everyone that he see's) fails to acknowledge the weakness that they themselves have. To me when I see someone that thinks they are better than me in anyway without any proof at all, I tend to get very defensive and very territorial to that person. But thats just me.
    If I see someone who is shy or feels inferior to me, I never attempt to offend or ever think highly of myself of that person.

So you could say that I think I'm superior/inferior to people based on what they think of me first. Im not going to go down the street/mall and just judge people for anything unless they interact with me first.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    As hard as I try not to feel inferior to others, it's the way I've felt since I was very young. I've always been chubbier than others, a little overweight. Yeah, I've been picked on, left out, laughed at for it. Even when I'm around my friends I can't help but worry I'll say or do something that sounds weird or make them not like me anymore, cause I've always had this idea that because of my weight I just had to prove myself more than others, I dunno. That probabgly came out wrong, but anyway. I'm constantly paranoid they're talking about me behind my back, thinking bad things about me even though they do act really sweet, etc. I'm constantly jealous over those people with naturally good looks, seemingly effortless acceptance, all that. It's never really been easy for me to get comfortable and open up cause I got so used to being shut down, even though a lot of the time it was my own worries that made me think that. Yeah, I feel pretty inferior no matter what the situation.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Inferior, which is kind of a pain. Not being able to say that I'm the best for a certain job, always thinking that people just ignore me, because I don't have anything that's worth notice. Etc. etc.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hmm, it varies from person to person. I tend to read people and make up my own idea of their adequacies and inadequacies. I never voice these opinions because they are pure speculation. But with that, I tend to place myself amongst them. In the past, I would often feel inferior to someone, even my own friends. This made it very hard for me to social and let myself be myself. I would always be striving to improve myself in the eyes of the people to who I felt inferior.

These days, I try to keep a level playing field. I ignore my prejudice and use facts I know to my advantage. I treat people as equals and consider inferiority and superiority as an adjective to describe specific comparisons of oneself to another. As a whole, no human being is plain inferior or superior to anyone. We are all one species.

I understand the idea of superiority as a driver for confidence, but I personally feel it's a very, very toxic one. I've used the tactic of lying to myself to boost my own self-esteem and I think it left me with a very inflated ego and all of these cocky opinions of myself that I truly believed. The best method to boost confidence is to focus on your own strengths, not others' weaknesses.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I judge people by their appearance and attitude that they display. When I'm at the gym, I constantly mock or insult people in my mind because they act like total idiots or say things that are cocky.

I don't feel superior to them, but I feel better about myself by seeing the way people like that act. It's more of a..."I can't believe people actually ACT like this!" feeling.

Years
  • Maybe not outright superior, but I can judge people pretty well and tell sometimes. Not superiority per say, it's confidence that if it came down to me vs them, I'd find a way to win, if it were in a competition setting.

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
    Years
  • "Pride is a wonderful, terrible thing, a seed that bears two vines, life and death."

I am quite a prideful person, and the superiority I feel over others because of it is most certainly a product of the seed of death. That being said, I'm not totally cold and rude, and I know when to be humble (usually), so don't think me unapproachable!

Back