• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

KFOX

Making Breeding fun and easy!
Years
  • My pokemon actually have sort of changed the way I look at life. I spend a lot of time training them and to see them accomplish something big like winning a Battle Frontier badge. It makes you feel one of the greatest feelings ever, like becoming a father.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • I really like my pokémon, especially my starter.
    If they are confused i think: Maaaaaaan, you can´t hurt yourself, YOURE THE MAN!!!
    And of course there are my favourite pokémon like Abra, Dragonite and so on...
    I like them^^

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • This might be the saddest thread I've ever seen.
    Please refrain from using snide remarks...If you start a flame war then the mods wont be too happy with you....I know that you are trying to express a valid opinion but...this kind of remark only makes people angry and want to flame you back...If you dont like this thread then just dont post here...*reports*

Back on topic now....
    I love my pokemon...They are as much a part of me as they are a part of the game...
    Pokemon do go beyond just Pixels and Binary code...They are a valuable tool for teaching problem soving skills and they are 100% kid friendly...that means you dont have to hide your pokemon game from your li'l brother...XD
    I aways get sad whenever I lose a pokemon that I love...
    As far as cloning...I see no difference between the original and the clone...they are but 1 entity inside of my heart anyways....5 swampy the swamperts=Swampy.
    IMO cloned pokemon are simply extentions of the original pokemon that you know and love...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    they are 100% kid friendly...that means you dont have to hide your pokemon game from your li'l brother...XD
    [/QUOTE]

how true some times i hide his game from him tough :)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • More like how immature little kids can be easily influenced.

Yes, because we all know SPAMMing a topic and flaming nearly all the users inside of it is a lot more mature. Nice one!

;/

Please do stop. I don't want to have to close this thread.

I don't get emotionally attached to Pokemon, but I do love my Shuckles to death.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    If one of my Pokemon falls in battle, I just let out a hilarious "Nuuuuuu!!"

Yeah, pretty much.

But that's because I get frustrated when I lose. =) I'm not emotionally attached (or maybe just a little), I just can't stand having to repeat a battle because my pokemon weren't strong enough to handle it the first time. If I've worked extremely hard to win something and I black out... Yeah, I get upset. I get frustrated and throw the game. Especially if it was like, my fifth try.

But no, not emotionally attached at all. O_o

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I do all of the time. XD A lost my Gold once and I cried so much but my dad found it under my bed lol. And I still love all of my pokemon to this day. I traded all 200 of my pokemon from firered to emerald just to do a new game. Kinda unhealthy really... But meh, I don't have anything else to do.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    I am really attached to my pokemon like this one time it was a whole year since i had my beloved pikachu on my yellow and to celebrate i got a cupcake and put one candle in the middle, then i got my pikachu plushie and started singin happy b'day! Two months later a glitch mucked up my game and i lost ALL my pokemon including my dear pikachu :( I was sulking 4 a week after dat:(

Sprite

The one and only.
    Years
  • I'm attached to my Leafeon in Diamond.
    I make sure that after every battle, its always healthy.
    I also love entering it in contests. ^_^

Raichu Guardian

I blame the schools
    Years
  • Well I do have a tendacy when using my favorite pokemon Meowth to have a spasm of how awesome my Meowth is and talk like dub Meowth from the anime. o.o

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    No, I don't get attached. I mean, I'd be upset if I lost a pokemon I used, because I would look at it as hours of my life lost into leveling that pokemon up.

Oh, except My Nidoking and Crobat I love them both...so very much...

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I don't exactly get attached to my Pokemon emotionally, but I do favour and hold my team of six in higher respect then amongst the rest. It's impossible for me to start a game with all six of my favourites, but by the end of the game, it always ends the same way. Dragonair, Elekid, Medicham, Wishcash, Wailord and Slakoth will always be my favourites and I love them a lot. :3 Just not emotionally...

Years
  • Of course. o-o My favourite partners are my Dragonair, Charizard and Vaporeon from LeafGreen. -sniff- There's a lot of love there. ;3

Also, my Nidoqueen and Aerodactyl are quite special.

Chibi Commander Sakuma

The Chibi of Poke Noobdom o.Ø
    Years
  • Of course! I mean, how can you play the game for who-knows-how-many-years and not get attached to at least one? I've always loved my Alakazams. They were very similar to Sabrina's, and that Pokemon could've been my father. And Lucario....well, you know what I think about Lucario, na-no-da. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    I always get emotionally attached to my Pokemon. XD
    I think it's rather normal, if you're a fan at least. It's not really an obession in my case either, it's more like I really like them and try to make 'em win, (also heal them instantly.)

But for further information I don't get really EMOTIONALLY attached to all of my pokemon, the one I get always attached to is Ninetales or Vulpix, further it depends on the situations I've been trough with them.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I most definitely get emotionally attached.
    I had a pair of Salamence from which i bred Bagon, and when my game was stolen, i cried a while. that's why, when i bought a new game, i got pearl :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2007
    well i got over being sad about losing my game and mew (manliy because my bro has 1 and my friend cloned them)
    soo i got over it and got mystery dungeon red

Back