• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Give A Damn About What People Think Of You

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I want people to accept me for who I am, so I'm not afraid to wear insanely nerdy attire, because it tells people what I like. Sure, maybe it alienates some people. But I'd rather alienate people for what I stand for rather than be accepted for something I'm not.

Regardless, I know it gets me labeled, and I somewhat resent that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My whole attitude is just like So What!? I really dont care if people like me or not but generally people do and if you dont you dont matter. I probably dont even know you.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I really dont give a censor bypass. Either you accept me as I am or you can get the hell away from me is how I see it. It easy for me not to care as Im an emotionless bastard XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Only if what they say about me is completely untrue, but rather true about them ^^

I'd give examples, but I won't because the people who said such things about me would probably deny it =D

Years
    Ah, I was waiting for this question to appear to me... Prepare for a rant, peeps.
    For the past 4/5 years, I spent my time being called a nerd, trying to change it, and getting really (like, embarrassingly) upset about it (for a fourteen-year old, I had some pretty dark thoughts). Up until last year, I didn't really have much good friends in my life, and the "friends" that I did have spent most of the time making fun of me, my family, and basically everything else about me.
    But thankfully, last year, I made a S***LOAD of new friends, both in school and out (seriously, I didn't know what hit me). And these friends genuinely like me for who I am. I guess it's all part of my personal growth.
    So.. Wow, that really didn't have much to do with the question. Anyways.. No, I don't give a damn. Life is good.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    If it's someone I care about and love, yes. If it's some random stranger I've hardly ever seen before, yes. But not as much. Everyone cares what other people think of them. Like poopnoodle (lmao sorry that name is so.. different) said, it's a human trait. Everyone can be happy with themselves if they know other people are happy with them or vice versa.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    The fact that people worry about what others think about them is part of the reason why innovation and creativity diminish, as too many people worry about not being with the in-crowd.

People honestly treat me like my IQ is 70 points lower than it actually is. They treat me like I have some kind of mental disability that impairs my judgement and my intelligence, but do I let those thoughts about me take me down? I let the numbers and facts do the talking, and I seclude myself not in shame, but to avoid such distractions in my ingenius plan to rule the world use as a channel for my own creative talents.

If people were to be more affected by their own personal dreams and hopes rather than other people turning them down and telling how horrible they are unless they're like them, I think society as a whole would progress through a golden age of sorts. It is these kind of discouraging comments that takes us down.

If people aren't willing to accept you for who you truly are, then they've got issues. They're not who you should be calling "friends".

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I used to care what people thought of me so much, it made me an extremely shy person. These days I'm not as shy as I used to be.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, everyone cares what someone thinks of them to a certain degree whether it be miniscule or obsessive. It's one of those things you have to try and live by, or change your attitude towards that person, changing what you do (depending on the person) would either get you less approval or an increased approval by that person. If you don't want critique, honestly the only thing to do is curl up and do nothing, which would earn you critique regardless. The world can have a change of heart, but you have to do something as well to earn it.

As for myself, I care a lot about what other people think of me, it comes from having an extremely low self-esteem and not have many friends in the crucial development of maturity when I was younger. That in turn with the born-with desire to please, which brings out my hilariously unfunny humor and mediocre friendships which turn out to be nothing in the end. All in all, this earns me a lot of critique of which some of it is good, albeit most of it is bad. And I can't handle bad critique, sadly. So I try as hard as I can to please the people even more which brings me into a downward spiral. There are good moments, I'll admit. But more often than not, my self-esteem prevents me from ever experiencing those good moments and plunges me further into the said spiral.

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Probably a little too much in fact..

Years
    Yes and no. If I cared more about what people thought about me, I'm sure I wouldn't have as many bad habits as I do, and that I'd be more motivated to make myself a better person, so they'd look at me in a better light. Honestly, as flawed as I am, I don't see a terrible need to change some things. On the other hand, I can't say I don't completely care about what others think, because there's been more than one time I've gone "wow, I look like a mess, I should've put on a different shirt..."*shrugs*

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, to an extent. I think everyone is that way, at least a little.. and if they're not, then they must be inhuman somehow. xD; Sure, some people can say "I don't care what anyone thinks at all!", but you know they do at least a little. :/

Like I said, I care to a certain point, but I don't obsess over it.

If I cared too much, then I'd base every action on whether or not people would think it was cool. & Personally, that would suck. I'm me, and that's about all there is to it.

If people dislike me as I'am.. that's.. really too bad. xD;

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    Yes i do care about what people thinks of me, I mean if you don't care what peoples think of you, There will be chances peoples will not like you.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I used to, but now I don't, seeing as I don't see why I should care. I try to be an individual, and caring about what other people think isn't really helping me to achieve that.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I try not to. Sometimes its hard not to care when it becomes harrassment but normally I just leave the situation, instead if bothering to deal with it right there or make things worse. D:

Back