• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you go to a private/public/home school?

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    I must be the only one here who's been homeschooled all their life. Mmyep. Haven't even stepped foot in a public school.

I used to complain all the time about how I hated being homeschooled because I had no friends, then my (internet) friends told me the horrors of public school. (I have not forgiven you, MC. >.>)

I'm pretty much socially retarded because of it. But it's all good! 8D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I go to a public school, but it's in the Top 5 High Schools in New Zealand and that includes Private Schools. Private School seems a bit boring to me and some of the rich kids that go to private schools think they're better than common folk because of their wealth so I wouldn't really wanna be in the same class as those people.

Years
    Private, ofcourse

Private school, because I don't like sticky PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!!!

Do you go to a private/public/home school?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I go to a public school. It's one of the most reputable public high schools in the state. 8)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I went to a Public school, and came out with better results than those who went Private. Shame on them.

I go to a public school, but it's in the Top 5 High Schools in New Zealand and that includes Private Schools. Private School seems a bit boring to me and some of the rich kids that go to private schools think they're better than common folk because of their wealth so I wouldn't really wanna be in the same class as those people.

Exactly that, you get annoying kids thinking they are far superior than you when they're not. Public school's on the other hand, you get a mix of people and it's a lot more fun and free. Education really depends on the person more than the school, although there is a contribution from the school which matters. There are a lot of good Public school's around.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I attend a public school and it's fine. Not as horrible and dangerous as people would think. :x

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I got to a public school.
    Private schools aren't my cup of tea.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Public school, whoot!

I think my parents could afford it if they really wanted to, but all of the private schools around here are religious. And I do go to one of the top high schools in the country, so I'm not too bothered.

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Public school. It's so much more.... eventful, if you will, compared to Private School. Bwah, expect now I stick out so much. T___T I guess I just look like a private school kid, let alone act like one. Not that you couldn't expect it, I went to that darn school for 9 years. OTL Curse you private school, curse you.

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    I go to a private school.
    It's definitely not my favorite, but oh well, it's my parents' choice :/
    I'll get to go wherever I want for college, so I'm looking forward to that.
    :3

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    v3v Mika had all three experiences. Mika went to a private school K-3, homeschooled in 4th grade, DIFFERENT private school 5-6, Homeschooled 7-8, and then I attended a public highschool from second trimester freshmen year to gradumatation.

I loved my first private school til 3rd grade, hated my second private school, loved being homeschooled and looooooved the teachers/extra cirricular activities. I wish now, looking back, that I'd just stayed open enrolled [taking a few classes at highschool and the rest at home] because I could've avoided so much drama. I have very poor social skills [I'm vurreh shy around kids my own age] but I don't regret it. ;D; My sister's been homeschooled since she was 6 [she's 13 now] and she loves it and she's still plenty social. And I'm jealous of her being able to start at 1pm and being done by dinner ;_; She gets to sleep in.

Yeah, with two exceptions I've always loved my teachers and hated my peers. I really dislike people who are disrespectful so while it may be more of a 'social' experience, I do like the fact I know how to treat those in authority. :3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I went to a private high school, and I go to a public college. So I guess I've gone to public school my whole life :O

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I go to a public school. I can't imagine going to a private school, and being homeschooled sounds like it would be Hell, so I'm quite glad that I go to a public school. =x
    Ditto that.

I wouldn't mind a Private school though, as long as it isn't some preppy junk.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I graduated from a public school. :D My parents did try to homeschool me. I was teased alot when I was younger. D: Sadly, homeschooling didn't work and I got sent back into public school. XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I've always been going to public school. As I've never experienced or had family members who had experienced the other two, it'd be unfair to throw my opinions on it. If it works for you, that's cool. If it doesn't, then that's cool too.

Back