• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate Puzzles in Gyms?

Do you hate Gym Puzzles?

• Total voters

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
I hate all the puzzles you have to do in every gym.
I'd rather just battle trainers and go right to the Leader instead of doing stupid obsticles.

What about you?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
YES!!!! All of the early gyms (Usually the first two, minus Dewford and Eterna) don't have puzzles, therefore my favorites

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
Years
The only puzzle gym in G1 was the psychic gym, I think... Yes, god, I hate puzzles in gyms. Takes all the fun out of fighting and beating all the trainers.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
Years
The not so invisalbe walls in one game was kinda fun

g4 takes puzzles to new extremes. I go in, do the puzzles (battle all the trainers) then go out and heal. on sunnyshores and snowpoints gyms it was annoying to have to figure it out again

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
Years
The not so invisalbe walls in one game was kinda fun

g4 takes puzzles to new extremes. I go in, do the puzzles (battle all the trainers) then go out and heal. on sunnyshores and snowpoints gyms it was annoying to have to figure it out again
Oh yeah, forgot about Koga/the poison gym. I guess that counts too.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
I like the puzzles. They give the gyms more variety. The only one that actually gave me some sort of problem was Candice's gym.

Years
I like them because most of the time they force you to battle everybody which makes you a better trainer and weaker for the Gym leader which makes it more challenging

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
Oh yeah, forgot about Koga/the poison gym. I guess that counts too.

You actually also forgot about Lt. Surge's annoying double-switch trickery. That one really ticked me, when I'd find it, and after doing a bit of trial and error selection, always coming up short... >_<

Blaine also had riddles, in his Gym, I believe, while Viridian City Gym had moving floor panels, much like the Celadon City Team Rocket base. Totalling 5 Gyms in Generation I with tricks/puzzles.

Personally, there are some puzzles I can handle, such as Dewford Gym's and Pastoria Gym's, but then there are those like Vermillion Gym... I really hate those... Trial and Error is annoying... ._.;;

Years
The trouble with gym puzzles is that I would always have to do them twice. I'd get through them one time to clear out all the trainers, go back and heal at the Pokemon Center, then come back to the gym a second time, go through the puzzles again, and challenge the Gym Leader.

I would prefer to have all the trainers lined up in a cluster or in a row so that you could defeat all them first. Then the Gym puzzle would pave the path to the Leader. I like puzzles. I think they express the creativity of the game designers and are generally fun to solve. I would actually prefer that the puzzles be longer and more challenging than what they are so long as I wouldn't have to go through them twice.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I enjoy them. I mean, in Pokemon it's always BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE! Gym puzzles really aren't that hard, but at least they're a change of pace...

Years
The puzzles keep the game interesting and make the gyms unique instead of just having the same lineup of trainers that often stand in front of the gym leader because that was be monotonous and take away from the challenge. I like the puzzles, but they can be annoying and unnecessary; the puzzle at Candice's gym gave me a little trouble, but for the most part, the puzzles aren't that bad. They may be tedious and based completely on chance, as in Lt. Surge's gym, but other puzzles like the ones in Fantina's and Koga's gym were nice diversions from the battling.

xxx123

Master of Dark and Ghost types
Years
I don't mind doing them because most of them are simple, but it's just when I'm in a gym i want to fight not do puzzels so....

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
I personally prefer the puzzles. They aren't too hard and they make the gyms much funner. I think it would be better if the puzzles where actually longer.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
I don't mind doing them because most of them are simple, but it's just when I'm in a gym i want to fight not do puzzels so....

i lol at Fantina's puzzles.

"What's 18-6?"

Always picked the wrong door so I could get the exp, so in a way being stupid was actually being smart.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
Some of the puzzles are okay but the one in the Sunnyshore Gym is very difficult I think, I spent the best part of 2 hours battling the trainers and working the puzzle out.

Chimecho_V

Chimecho Master
Years
I liked the puzzles, as everyone says because it's a change of pace. My favorite one of all time was Pryce's sliding floor (Candice's was a bit challenging..).

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I prefer the gyms with Puzzles to the ones without. anyone can battle, but the puzzles add some logic into the games, they actually make you think.
oh, t3hjolteon: there was one gym where all the trainers were all in one place... to an extent. i dont remember his name, it was the gym leader before Jasmine in the G/S/C games, i think...
either way, i do prefer a challenge in getting to the gym leader than walking right up to him. the only one that gave me a little trouble was Candices gym.

Back