• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a disability?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, I have ADHD, asthma, allergies, and I'm near sighted...
    REALLY SUCKS.
    Also, emphasis on the "H" for ADHD.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I was diagnosed with Acute ADHD when I was 3, It has now reduced to just ADD, I'm both near and farsighted (one per eye)but none of these have ever really stopped me from doing anything. also if things turn bad in the future, there may be a chance that I'll develop type II Diabetes (family history)

Years
    I'm pretty sure I'm legally blind, though I don't recall exactly what my vision is at the moment. I do know I'm extremely near-sighted, and while I function well with my glasses...if I were to ever lose those, then I'm pretty much screwed with what I'm able to do.

And while I don't want to say for certain that I have social anxiety, as I've never been officially diagnosed with it: I often have an extremely hard time dealing with other people. I've literally nearly panicked at even the thought of doing so at times (even for something as simple as a phone call)...blah. Though I've gotten better about it within recent times, it still makes doing some things a pain. <_<

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't have a disability, but me and some of my friends are completely convinced I am bipolar. :P

Kairu

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I have mostly mental disabilities. Bi-Polar, Anxiety Disorder, Clinical Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sometimes it prevents me from doing a lot, though it shouldn't. Long line of mental illness in my family though.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    well for me, a bit OCDish (is being a spaz part of OCD or is it something else?).

and that's about it.
    until I think of something else, stay tuned.

OCD is when you obsess over things, and won't settle until something is "right." Those are my symptoms, at least.

Yup, if you couldn't tell by my obsessive nature, I have OCD. I also get depression from it, which sucks as well. >_<

.:LemonTea:.

omg. heart attack. o.o
    Years
    I found out last year I have Asperger's disorder, a mild form of autism. It's only because I live in a neighborhood with NO KIDS MY AGE

In my neighborhood there are no kids my age either. There's this one granny though, who bothers me everday when I walk home from taking the bus. At first I thought she was nice, until she kept bugging me to garden with her every single day. Then I made up excuses, and took the long way to my house instead of the short way.

I think I'm going blind because I go on the computer too much, and I read without a light. >.> My doctor says that I need glasses, but I think glasses look ugly on me and they cost a bunch of money, so I don't wear them or contacts.

Last edited:

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I have type I diabetes, but I don't consider it a disability. There's nothing I can not do, and as long as I take my insulin I can eat anything I want.

Same here.

I kinda like it. It keeps me fit and healthy. :)

I also have SEVERE dyslexia, which I explained to the people I work for, yet they INSIST on my using the register. -_-

Customers give me weird looks when I say their change is 31 dollars instead of 13, or vise versa.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    I don't really consider it a disability; but I have type one, insulin-dependent diabetes. I was diagnosed in 2001, and I take at least three shots of insulin per day. I also test my blood sugar many times daily, sometimes ten or more times.

I've learned to manage it, though, and have been able to keep it under good control. :]

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I have a brain disorder. It prevents me from thinking like my age.

Back