• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Have A Pokemon Mascot?

Years
  • Just a simple question.

But in all seriousness, is there a Pokemon (new, old, shiny, whatever) that you consider to be your Mascot or Go-To Pokemon to add to the team?

Furthermore, how appreciative are you of said Pokemon? Is this the Pokemon you always have in your team as soon as you get them? Is this Pokemon more than just your ally (or partner in crime, if you play that way)? Is this Pokemon the key to your success? How much does this Pokemon mean to you?

For me personally... the Pokemon Mew is without a doubt the Pokemon I always aim to add to my team. There is a lot of sentimental and emotional value that this Pokemon has in my heart, and to this day, the moment Mew gets added to my team, he/she never ends up in the storage box nor traded for any other Pokemon offered to me.

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Sounds kinda like Signature Pokémon, which can be favorites in both usage and appearance.

Even though I like every Pokémon, there must be something that I always use. In my case, they are Scizor.
    Simply enough, it's really sturdy and it has False Swipe, which helps me a lot than going for sheer luck at full HP. It's not weak either, Bullet Punch still hurts even served as an utility for catching matter.

If there's no Scizor then I'll go with whatever the game gives to me, some people like to take a change at trying new things though.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • my name is lycanroc, figure it out

But before that, Shaymin was my mascot for sure. Obviously you can't really get it barring events, where it's too overleveled to use during the story, so I've always fell back on my second mascot; Ninetales. I can't think of the last time I didn't put one on my team.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Skarmory. Don't remember how it first came about. Nearly always have one on my team if/when available. I especially used to love having him follow me around on HGSS.

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Years
  • Gallade, my all-time favorite Pokemon. I make sure to get one whenever possible. Alakazam is the next best thing. If neither of those two are available, then it's Medicham. And finally, if all three of those are not available, then I go for Mr. Mime.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Moonlight the vampire eevee I have a image of her on my DA
    Do You Have A Pokemon Mascot?

Years
  • Mine's probably Zorua, that's sort of a recent thing though as I used to always have an Absol on my team whenever possible. I can't wait to use my shiny Zorua in Sun and Moon and I'll definitely be bringing my shiny Absol to Alola too!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    *looks at avatar*
    ...ahem...
    "Porcelina", the Golden Gorebyss, she is my very specific mascot. (Technically her current proper name is "Porcelina the Second".)

I first met Porcelina in my White version. I had already had a couple of Gorebyss previous to her, in both Generation 3 and Generation 4, since by then Gorebyss was, during those games, my third or fourth favorite pokemon instead of my number one. I found Porcelina as a Shiny Clamperl in White and I immediately grew to love it. It had terrible stats since it was a wild Shiny, but I still grew incredibly attached to it especially when I tried in all of my power to build the best possible EV build for it (despite lack of good IV's) and I first learned to abuse Shell Smash and Baton Pass with her. I had her as the star member of a really powerful Rain Dance team at the time, and it was probably the most powerful team I had ever built while I was playing my White version.
    Then Tragedy struck, My DSi along with all my games were stolen from me in 2011. After that happened I stopped playing pokemon for an incredibly long time.

Fast Forward to this year, I had officially hopped onto the Sun and Moon Hype train in May, and I decided that as a Birthday present to myself I bought a 3DS and a copy of Omega Ruby. Many adventures were had and I had completely beaten most of the game by August. In August, I decided it was time to rebuild my dream team. I bred a perfect Ninjask, Umbreon, Steelix, Breloom, and Chimecho. Then I began the breeding of Gorebyss... I actually intended to breed a normal perfect Gorebyss and name it something different.
    However... I won the freaking Lottery. After only a day of breeding... I hatched a shiny Clamperl with a 5/6 perfect IV's. My jaw hit the friggin floor. I seriously partied for the rest of that night.

First of all the really awesome thing about hatching this shiny Clamperl, IT WAS THE FIRST SHINY I HAD GOTTEN IN OMEGA RUBY. Not only was it the exact shiny pokemon I wanted above all others, it was also the first one I had gotten in the game, it was almost like it was meant to be.

Second, it was Female. Porcelina is and always has been a girl, I know it's as simple as a coin flip, but I would have been a little disheartened if it was a male, but it was female, just like I wanted!

Third, 5/6 perfect IV's, this shiny Gorebyss is better than its predecessor, and although I'm a little sad that its bad stat is Special Defense, I just always remember to pull her out of Special Attackers grasp, and she does just fine.

Porcelina II, my current shiny Gorebyss, I actually do carry her with me very frequently within the game. She's currently maxed out at level 100 with max EV's distributed between Special Attack and Defense, with the remaining few dipped into HP. The only time I box her is when I place her in my Battle Box with the rest of my Dream Team. I'm frequently (and currently) carrying her in my party specifically for speed leveling various breeding projects I'm working on. She's a fantastic Horde battler specifically because of using Surf, so I use her all the time for that.

I also use her frequently in the Battle Maison, and have gotten some fantastic usage out of her in competitive online battling, she is definitely not a push over and she should be feared along with the rest of my Dream Team which as a team they fantastically support each other and have each others backs. Porcelina is definitely the MVP though since she does it all, she sweeps, walls, sets up and shares with the other team members.

I have her maxed out in both Friendship as well as Bonding through Aime, and I know it's just a video game but I do feel sort of close with her and I really don't care what anyone thinks, I seriously look at Porcelina as my second pet.

Porcelina II, my Golden Gorebyss, is definitely and always will be my favorite mascot pokemon.
    (Once again, I always end up talking way too much whenever it comes to Gorebyss, specifically my Gorebyss.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

That... that's beautiful man. I almost teared up (no joke).

Years
  • I'm sure a lot would know mine - It's Oshawott.

I fell in love with the little guy after hearing its anime voice and the cute faces it often did. It's always been my starter pick in every Unova game I played through, along with me also picking it as one of the three alternate-region starters you also get in OR/AS.

Popplio has been kinda threatening Oshy's position for my PokeMascot, but we'll see if Popplio does become my mascot once Sun & Moon comes out.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My Pokemon mascot is of course Lilligant. I really like her cute and adorable design and the Pokemon always makes me smile.

I first used the Flowering Pokemon in White 2 and she was caught as a Petilil in the Castelia City meadow.

I named her Jessica and she was the Ace of my team. She helped me in the PWT and her daughter Jessica Jr helped me win the Champions Tournament.

Shiny Petilil was also my first ever Dexnav Shiny in Alpha Sapphire. I named her Jessica and evolved her into a beautiful Pink flowered Lilligant. I always use my Shiny Lilligant in my Alpha Sapphire team and she will be moved to Aloha. :)

Back