• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have an addictive personality?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I was looking at OVP archives and I decided to re-make the first thread OVP ever had!

Well, it probably wasn't actually the first one ever made, but it was at the very end of the list so whatever... it works.

So yeah, would you say have an addictive personality? If so, any examples you can provide of addictive behaviour?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Nope. In fact, I can give things up really easily... if I just decide I don't want to do it anymore, then I don't do it anymore.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Not really. I can't do one thing for more than, say, six hours. I get bored or restless way before that, and six hour is really my limit for testing, so that's what I'm going by.

Wasteland

I'm nobody
    Years
    Nope, I'm a very dull person
    I'm not sociable, tend to be stubborn and very reserved.
    I did wish I was outgoing, but changing my personality would be too much of a hassle ...

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    It's hard to say, I guess I do, but then.. not really? XD;

Okay, if I'm into something, like a series or a game then I'm entirely hooked for who knows how long.

At the same time, it's easy for me to snap my fingers and give things up if the situation calls for it. Kind of a detachment or something.

Years
    I am not really bound by many things so I would not say I have many addictions at all really and the ones I do have can be discarded fairly easily.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    When I like something, I want to do it often, whether it be tennis, guitar, a video game or a song. If I find a new song that I love, I'll play it until I hate it. If I get a video game, I'll play it until there's nothing left to play (Skyrim). And I'm addicted to tennis completely. I don't have all the time to play lately, but if I could, I wouldn't leave the court.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
    I can easily get addicted to one band for nearly a week.
    And with video games, i'm hopeless. I would play the game 24/7 for a month.

Years
    A bit. I can really get sucked into things if I let it happen. Like video gaming; if I get a really good game, I can play it for ages. I also tend to overeat on foods I really like if I have them. God forbid I have sweets. ;___;

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I wish I could answer this with a 100% response, however, I can't tell. Somebody might find me addictive, another wouldn't. I don't think there is such a thing as "addictive personality..."

I don't even know what describes one.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    For most things, I do not have an addictive personality... But there are some things that I can just be consumed by, things like creation processes, or, I'll admit, Monster energy drinks... D:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    OMG YES YES YES! If I see something/eat something/watch something that I like, I have to have more of it. My lizard brain just keeps telling me to have more of it, whcich is why I've often spent days at a time watching episode after episode of The Simpsons or spend all of my money on Alfred Hitchcock DVDs after watching Psycho or eating box after box of blueberries after having some nice ones somewhere. Linked into my addictive personality is my complete lack of willpower. This is one of the reasons I've never smoked: if I liked it, even a little bit, it would probably be the death of me as I'd never quit.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The hours upon hours I've spent watching anime as of late seems to say that yes, I do have quite an addictive personality when it comes to something I enjoy and am passionate about. I've definitely gotten into that mode where I focus on doing one thing for hours on end, over a stretch of days or even weeks.

Years
    • Drinking
    • Smoking (I HAVE GIVEN UP THOUGH)
    • Games
    • Expensive Card Games
    • Computers

Yep, I do have an addictive personality, but it isn't as bad anymore!

I has teh self control.​

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Wait wait.. is this about whether your personality is addictive to other people, or whether you get addicted to certain things easily?

If it's the first one, then probably no. On the contrary actually, I think I have a repellent personality, or it just seems to be like that irl at least, when I look back on my life. I push people away.

And if it's the second one, I'm not really addicted to anything, maybe gaming lol but not really bad. I do get obsessed XD

Ayselipera

For a while yes. If I really liked something I would just continue doing it whether or not it negativity affected me in any way. I would just give into myself all the time and then be upset that I did later on and be mad at myself and then cure it by doing whatever it was I was mad at myself for again. Just kind of turned itself into a really bad cycle.

And then idk it just struck me one day that really the only thing that was holding me back or affecting me badly was myself as cliche as that sounds. So now I think I'm pretty much in control of everything, besides going to bed at a reasonable time for when I have to get up, but I just can't sleep so yeah.

To be honest I haven't had a full on "addiction" or obsession about something in a while and I kind of miss it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Woooow I think we completely misunderstood that! :< if you look at the original thread then it's clearly about whether your personality is addictive to others!!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Yeah.. today I woke up and saw 2 spiders this morning so I went out and tried to find insecticide for spiders (couldn't find any but found spider deterrent) and spent all evening looking up what/ where to buy spider killer in the UK. I also took a hugeass bottle of cleaner spray and practically emptied it on the outside wall near my window. Urgh.. >_> And I'm still feeling uncomfortable.

It's weird I'm normally not arachnophobic.. but today I just saw a really huge one and it went in a crack beneath the stair/carpet and I went wild mashing the carpet area with the other side of my hair-dryer, spraying corrosive cleaner at the opening and blowing it in with the hair dryer... and then littering cinnamon over the area (they dont like cinnamon) so it will never come out again.

But yeah.. I can be kinda OCD..

Back