• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you judge a person by what kind of job do thay have?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Here is my conclusion, if you are 30 years old + plus Americans and you still doing low skill job. You might not be intelligent and have low work ethnic. i wont judge immigrants
    who don't speak English well and doing low skill jobs

Tell all of the baby boomers (who got their education/"skill" while it was dirt cheap and while minimum wage was relatively high) that are occupying all of the "high skill jobs" to retire so younger people can have them. Also: tell them to fix the economy so that almost all job growth in America isn't "low skill jobs" that don't pay livable wages.

Here is my conclusion: your employment status is neither representative of your work ethic nor your intelligence. J.K Rowling is a good example of someone that is very intelligent with a strong work ethic, but was unemployed and on welfare for a period of time.

:|

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Wow I must be a *****.

A lot of people here are saying 'you don't know their situation!' Well, what if you do?

I have friends who are totally unsuited to the job they do, as well as people who skip between jobs without much thought. I think it can say something about a person and their personality (of course, if it's a random person you might not know the scenario).

So whilst I might not judge a random person because of their job, someone's occupation and their job history can tell you tidbits about them for sure.

I've found that in many ways I'm like this too - I'll judge my family friend for buying a new TV when his wife is pregnant with their fifth child and they're barely scraping by, but I won't judge a stranger, because I don't know that stranger's situation. I don't know if that's the first luxury they bought in years, if with one person at home it's too difficult for that person to care for that many kids without it, on and on and on I can think of reasons why that would be justifiable. But I know that family, their monetary and mental situations, and I know that they got the TV not for any justifiable reason but simply they wanted people to want to hang out at their house and watch football.

Kind of a tangent but if I know you can do better and you just don't feel like it or I know you hate your job but never put any extra effort into finding a new one, I'll judge because that's a reflection on your character. But I've made it a point not to judge someone I don't know on that kind of thing, because who knows why they're there?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Tell all of the baby boomers (who got their education/"skill" while it was dirt cheap and while minimum wage was relatively high) that are occupying all of the "high skill jobs" to retire so younger people can have them. Also: tell them to fix the economy so that almost all job growth in America isn't "low skill jobs" that don't pay livable wages.

Here is my conclusion: your employment status is neither representative of your work ethic nor your intelligence. J.K Rowling is a good example of someone that is very intelligent with a strong work ethic, but was unemployed and on welfare for a period of time.

:|

are you serious? you saying that people who develop iphone have the same work ethic as janiotor, bus driver , police officer etcc.... anything that lowskill?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    are you serious? you saying that people who develop iphone have the same work ethic as janiotor, bus driver , police officer etcc.... anything that lowskill?

People willing to work jobs you find so unworthy of respect must have the best work ethic in the world since they are willing to do what needs to be done regardless of the undeserved disrespect they get.

Last edited:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I don't judge people by what job they have. I judge them by how well they do it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't think I've ever judged someone's job or IQ before, considering I have no job or a high IQ (mine is below 80, according to health professionals). So, what right do I have to judge others for theirs? At least they are able to make money to support themselves and their families as well, you know? That's more than what I'd ever be able to do since I have varying special needs.

I don't judge people by what job they have. I judge them by how well they do it.

Actually, I agree here. I do judge how well a person does their job. Like, for example, I expect Wal-mart employees to know what they are doing when I ask for help instead of saying they know nothing about the field Walmart has put them in. Then again, maybe Walmart isn't a very good example...

Years

Computer programmers can be lazy as **** okay. For the other jobs you mentioned, you have to be in day in day out - the dedication and persistence required is commendable.

Like how many other people have said, you can value a person's job in many different ways. You can evaluate it based on social prestige, but you can also evaluate on the amount of work they put into their jobs, how necessary the job is to society, etc.

A person's job has some bearing on their general intelligence - some people are more theoretically minded than others, some are more practically oriented than others, and some are both. I think it's really up to you whether you think somebody is more worthy than another.

Years
    Well, for me, it's a matter of should or do I judge others.

Both on a conscious and subconscious level I judge others. Most people do as well.

I may have a negative bias towards lawyers, as plenty of people do. I also have negative views about singer/actor/model types (successful or not) and CEO's.

I also have positive biases for other occupations, Baristas (maybe an extension of loving coffee?), teachers, historians, and doctors.

When I see someone working a minimum wage job, I think, hard-worker and poorly educated, which isn't necessarily true. Though sometimes I see workers, and I assume they are college kids depending upon their speech and their demeanor...again, not an accurate indicator, just a perception (mostly subconsciously.)

Certainly though, we ALL have and will judge other people, at least preliminary based on occupation.

Back