• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I keep my starter Pokemon with me. I don't know why, but I've never thought of replacing it. Whichever one I get is usually what I center my team around and I wouldn't want to take the time to level up a replacement anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    My starter is my best friend since the beginning, so of course i keep him :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have a bad habit of training one(two Pokemon after R/S/E) my starter and my second pokemon during double battles. But eventually they get to share the love <3. XD

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I usually go out of my way to use and plan teams of Pokemon I've never used before. And I've already trained most of the starters several times, so... yeah, sometimes I'll stuff it in the PC early in the game. I get bored of training the same Pokemon over and over again.
    E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.

And, this time around, my quilava (first time I choose cyndaquil) is sitting in my pc box, but worry not, I'll train it sometime soon.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Unless I'm doing a challenge which forbids it, yes, I generally do train my starter to be a part of the final team.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I keep my starter until I finish the main plot(mostly).
    But not when it comes to competitive play or Battle Frontier...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Depends on it's Tier

OU - All the way then it's Baby makes it way onto my Comp team

UU - To the last part of the game...

NU - To the first ending of the game I.e/Elite 4 in Plat&Hg/ss

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I always keep my starter when I'm ingame. It never gets boxed unless I absolutely need something else to use in a link battle (which I haven't done for about a year).

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • It goes in a box here and mostly during breeding and pictures, i normally stick to my first two pokemon matter how weak or strong, i still use my weedle (now a beedrill) for my main team, i'm kind of a mystic trainer. anyhoo yes i do keep my starter intact to my main party.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It depends...right now, I'm only using pokemon on Blue/Green's team (Tyranitar post-Red, possibly). So, of course, I'm not using a starter. I caught a bunch of Pidgey until I found one with a decent nature, then set off on my adventure.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • for gameplay, no. for wifi, i have it in one of my teams, but not the other...i have 2 teams total.

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Kind of. I bred a new Cyndaquil off of my starter so I could EV train it. That's always with me. Does that count?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • It depends for me ingame, sometimes I keep it some times I get caught up in training a different pokemon and end up forgetting about my starter.
    I never use a starter in a competitive team though.

Back