• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Know Someone With a Weird/Cool Name?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • ^ Well there's Vikalp and Shivi there's two.

I have a cousin/relative named George George. I'm not kidding you. His dad's name is Micheal George and he named his son George. So George George. I don't know what they were thinking when they named their kid.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • ^ Well there's Vikalp and Shivi there's two.

I have a cousin/relative named George George. I'm not kidding you. His dad's name is Micheal George and he named his son George. So George George. I don't know what they were thinking when they named their kid.

Phillip Phillips says hi.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I once had a girl in my class whose name was Tuesday. Weird name eh.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I know a girl named Princess. Pretty funny when her kindergarten teacher didn't believe her and had to call her parents, only to find out that really was her name.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I think the only person I've known IRL with a rare name was a guy in my college called Alrik.

theres that guy form india that named himself superman or something like that... cant remember :/

Do you mean this guy:
    batman.jpg

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I have a male friend named Ashley. It might be considered a little weird these days, since in the US Ashley is basically girls-only. (I know a few other guys named Ashley, but I know more girl Ashleys.)

Ashley's great-grandmother, who passed away two months ago (at the ripe old age of 106), was named Argentina. Not after the country - it's an old Italian name that apparently predates the name of the country. She was known as Tina after she moved to Australia from Sicily. (She has a granddaughter and two great-granddaughters named Tina - in their case it's not short for anything.)

Last edited:

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I knew someone named Noodle a long time ago, probably the strangest name I've heard so far. I know there are more but they're not coming to mind right now Dx

I had friends named Mishu and Masha, of course they were best friends haha, I never met anyone else with those names so I guess those are kind of strange too but I like those names.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    My grandma has a weird name, its due to the mishearing of the government officials of that time though. She's called Chako, which sounds like Charcoal, but well, she still has that name, but she has an @ behind that name now together with her name.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I knew a girl named Shifra. We called her Shiffy :3

My name was going to be Leantha, but for some reason, here I am today, not Leantha. . .

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I used to serve with a guy with the last name Moorehead. Our platoon would always crack up laughing whenever our guide on would say something like "Moorehead, post! Hurry up, I need Moorehead up here now!"

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    I know a girl named "Sassy Princess T'ara" as in a sassy princess tiara. I also know a boy named Lazer Bear.

Years
  • I've got a friend named Rhydian (Pronounced Rid-de-an), but sub teachers always get it wrong when calling the role and say stuff like Ry-den.. I also have a friend named Sugimatatamuna (I can't spell it.. But he is Tourest straight islander), we just called him Sugi for short.

For Australia I guess you could say they're different names we don't really hear many people having.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't know this poor girl personally, but I can remember a story in the local paper back in my home city of some poor girl that was named 'Pingu' by her parents. To date, that's the most unfortunate name I've heard registered to a human being.

Still, it means I have an excuse to post this:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I got a friend named Rainheart. The first time I met him, I was like "Could you repeat that?" because I really don't believe that he has that name.

Now I make puns of his name whenever I tease him.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I have a Greek friend named Athanasios. We call him Thanos. I think it's cool. His mum, who was born in Greece, is named Xanthippe. I think that's kind of a weird name - especially because it starts with X. (Xanthippe was the name of Socrates' wife.) They usually call her Sandy. I've met her several times - she works in one of the offices at my school. (BTW, my friend's father is named Stavros. Pretty normal by Greek standards.)

Back