• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Know Someone With a Weird/Cool Name?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
  • So here's a random question that I thought of for no apparent reason: Do you know anyone [in real life] that has a weird or cool name?

For example, I have a friend whose birth name is "Mister."

Sirfetch’d

I know a girl from my school that was named "Lemon" which I always thought was super interesting!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Some random names I've encountered: Score, ShunKrystal, ZaMario, Newborn (the kid was 2), Raeanne, Sagar, Shivi (congrats Shivi, you made my list!)

I'm probably missing some, but that's a good collection I think.

Years
  • I know a girl from my school that was named "Lemon" which I always thought was super interesting!

^That's actually quite disturbing if you think of it one way, but I may just be a pervert.

Being Korean I know there are some names that are terribly romanticized that results in various degrees of hilarity, though right now I don't really feel like thinking about and naming all the possibilities.

Years
  • I've seen several cases where people may take on surnames as a first name. I once knew someone whose name was Keeney, but they told me that it was their mother's maiden name and it was a naming tradition in their family. There was also a student in a class of mine a few years ago whose name was King, too..

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Believe it or not, my name is River and one of my neighbor's names was also River. But they only lived their for a short period of time. Also a couple friends of mine are named Lake and Bay. So that goes together. And the last weird name that I've heard is La-a (La-Dash-Uh). She's a black chick that graduated when I was on freshmen year. I don't known I thought that was crazy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh wait. I just remembered. I know someone that named their daughters Campbell and Jennings. I have a unisex name myself, but these names sound way too masculine for my tastes. I don't understand why people use surnames as first names. I mean, it can work in some cases, but this one...no. No no.

OH AAAND. My cousin's name is Camp. Not short for Campbell, btw. It's just Camp.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • A friend of mine's legal middle name is Wingblade.

I also have known someone named Memory Lane (lastname), and a woman named Friendly.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • In high school I was eating lunch one day when a friend of mine walked by me with a stranger. They were talking about something and they turned to me just as they were about to leave and my friend asked me what I thought of the name "Cable". I was honest and told him that it was a really weird name, and the kid next to him got really bummed out and told me that was his name.

Also I used to know a guy whose middle name was Courage.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I know of someone by the name of Progress. Britain sucks for weird names really and I wish my irl first name James wouldn't be so mundane.

Years
  • Someone that used to be on my football team was legally called Phoenix, and I don't know what to think of that. Also, someone in my class is called Bernadette, I really enjoy that name, has a warm feel to it. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've known people who had pretty weird, hard-to-pronounce names. But thankfully they had nicknames for us to call them instead of their actual names.

In 8th grade, there was a girl named Sitlalince (SIT-LA-leence) which means "aztec goddess" according to her. She wanted the class to call her Kaly so she won't have us go through the painful process of pronouncing her name haha.

Last semester in math class, there was a girl named Nephtaly (nef-tally). It was hard for me to pronounce it at first, and I still don't know the origin of the name. But I thought it was a pretty cool name.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I know quite a lot of people with weird names

A girl named Asia.
    A guy named Tamer (In french it means your mom)
    A guy named Samer (Which means his/her mom in french)
    A guy named Innocent

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I knew someone named Ocean, and someone else named O'shun, though the latter was pronounce o-shawn.

Back