• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Level Up Your Shinies?

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
Years
  • The title says It all "Do You Level Up your Shinies?"
    Recently, I found a Shiny Wurmple and Level It up to make a Shiny Silcoon and then A Beautifull Shiny Beautifly. :D

So do you?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I never found a shiny except for gyrados in g/s/c. But if i did i would level it.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I have found 4 shinys and I havn't got round to leveling them up but I will level them up so yeah I level them up when i get round to it.

Fata1Down

Capture On!
    Years
  • I just found a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh, and I was thinking if I should level it up.
    I might level it up.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I never found a shiny except for gyrados in g/s/c. But if i did i would level it.
    Did you level up the Pokemon?

I have the lake trio as shinies, and shiny Shaymin.
    Took them all from lvl 50, trained them to the lvl 100 they are today.
    <3
    Wow-E, I guess you had luck with Soft Reset.

I have found 4 shinys and I havn't got round to leveling them up but I will level them up so yeah I level them up when i get round to it.
    Well, I personally think you should because there still great to have.

I just found a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh, and I was thinking if I should level it up.
    I might level it up.
    Well Done, I have seen a Shiny Chansey on my Fire Red in the Safari Park but It ran.

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
  • I've found like 6 shinies except Gyarados in C/S/G, Bellsprout - weepinbeel
    2 krabby's, traded the other 1 hoping for a shiny voltorb, but didnt get ;(
    trained the other 1 to kingler, lickytung (2 shinies on a row o_O) and when breeded : shiny charmander - Charizard , but then a friend was jealous and restarted the game and saved -_-.

Oh and shiny (Wait for it .....) Tentacool in ruby (cried when I met it ....stupid jellyfish/octopus .......)
    caught it and then realeased it since I got sick just watching it ......

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I have a shiny linoone, which I plan to train, a shiny tentacruel I was training but decided to stop, and my shiny dusclops is still one of the main pokemon I use =D

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    I do train my shinies, if they are in a nature I want, for example, quiet, brave, etc.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I caught a Shiny Steelix on my Diamond in Victory Road in my first data :D
    Seriously, I saw a Steelix in Victory Road and said to myself 'The next Steelix I am going to fine, I am going to catch it!' It just happens that the next Steelix was a Shiny! :D :3

But nope, haven't leveled it. Having had the time, to be onest. :|

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • The only shiny I actually encountered was a shiny Golbat in victory road on "Diamond", I gave it my master ball and traded it to my "Pearl" and haven't touched it since.

I think of Shiny Pokemon like legendary's I just see them as trophies and will likely not touch them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    I level my battle-worthy shinies with good ivs and natures, like my shiny calm chansey and my shiny adamant beldum with 31 ivs in attack. I have about 100 shinies

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I only train my shines if I want to. Other then that, shiny pokemon I don't like, I usually don't train them at all. I have about 50-70 shiny pokemon in all.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • The only shiny I've ever gotten on my own was a Floatzel. I wouldn't level it up though, if it was a Buizel. I prefer to keep non-battle oriented things untouched.

Years
  • I have only done so to 5 of my shinies, only 2 of which I still own today.
    I am planning on EV Training them eventually, but I'm more into hunting them down, not buffing them up.

Years
  • Yes I do. But that is because all of mine are chained. Except one, which is a Whismur from Emerald and I cloned it 400 (exaggeration) times. ._.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    No. I just let them rot in my boxes in Diamond. My shiny Kricketot, Buizel, Shinx and Stunky never saw the light of day again... or at least never battled...

I just keep them for all that matter.

Back