• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you lie?

FlamingThunder

Years
    Have you lied before?

Do you still lie?

Can you give few examples of people you lied to?

How about a few examples of your lies.

As for me..
    I lied before, well not that much and now I still lie, mostly to my sister but usually it got sorted out, much like this conversation;

Me: Hey, when you put your Pokèmon in the PC for too long, it won't obey you.
    Sister: Is it true?
    Me: Yes!
    Sister: Don't lie.
    Me: Fine, that was a lie.

I said that because I felt bad for her Pokèmon in the PC for over 2 months.
    How about you?

Years
    This is a little redundant, no offense.

Everyone, in their lifetime has lied at least once. It is in human nature and it is only when people start to grow up into their teens, that they normally grasp this fully.

Have I lied? Of course I have, but I don't anymore, at least not lies that hurt people. An example, if a pregnant wife asks her husband does she look horrible, he isn't going to say yes, he will say, 'No, you are beautiful'. Which could be true or not, it is so he doesn't hurt her feelings.

Just the way the human mind works. If you can get out of trouble and get away with it, that person normally will try.​

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm a compulsive liar, especially to people that I don't know or don't trust. I also do it to my friends from time to time, but they can often enough recognize it and call me out on it because they know I can be sarcastic, and lying, especially for comedic effect like I do, is essentially an extreme type of sarcasm. XD

If I don't know you very well and I know I can get away with it, I'll have fun with lying to your face for the fun of it, but if we go on to get to know eachother and form some degree of trusting relationship, I'll start feeling guilty and come clean. I can think of a handful of the people on my PC friends list that evolved in this way. XD

Years
    I lie when I feel it will make things better or easier for me. That may sound selfish, but I'm fairly confident I know when lying will make things bad for someone else and I couldn't feel better knowing I'd hurt someone by lying so my lies are strictly for those special situations when they won't hurt anyone.

I have to do a good amount of bending the truth in my work, too, like when someone asks me to look up something that I could get for them even though it's their responsibility and not anywhere close to what I'm supposed to be doing and would take way too much time and keep me from doing other things I need to do. So I lie and say I can't get what they want, but I tell them how they can do it themselves so they don't have to bother anyone else.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    People tend to hate liars. My mother is saying all the time how she can't stand liars. I lie all the time, I find the skill to just be able to rattle off lies incredibly impressive, and useful in this world. I don't lie about little things though, only to get myself out of awkward situations or trouble.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Have you lied before?: Yes, a few times.

Do you still lie?:
    Not that often.

Can you give few examples of people you lied to?:
    Sometimes I don't work out the way my dad asks me to, so I say taht I did when he's gone and then comes back.

How about a few examples of your lies:
    See above

Aspear

*pucker*
    Years
    I don't lie. Am I still a good person if I mostly don't do it because I can't lie to save my life?

Probably not.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I lie, of course, mostly in real life. As some say, saying a small white lie is better than delivering the hurtful truth.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Have you lied before?
    Of course. It would be a lie itself if I said I never lied in my life.

Do you still lie?
    Every now and then, yes. But it's usually because I don't think before speaking, I'm too lazy to do something when someone is asking me to do it.

Uh... I'd rather not, but it's been to several people to say the least.

"I gotta go" "Yeah" "No not yet" "I've been budy". The list goes on. Again, they're really only lies in which I don't feel like doing something at that exact moment. Never do I really lie to hurt someone. I would slap myself in the face if I did so.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Have you lied before?
    Yes. Only like maybe 3 times.. or more.

Do you still lie?
    No.

I can't remember the lies or who I've lied to.

A known one I use to use if I forgot my homework "Miss, I've done the homework, but my dog ripped it up because she thought it was a chew toy" and you know what, the teacher actually believed that.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    Since that day, I've lived a lie: The lie of living. My name, too, was a lie. My personal history, a lie. Nothing but lies. I was sick to death of a world that couldn't be changed. But even in my lies, I refused to give up in despair.

But why do people lie? It isn't only because they struggle against each other! It's also because there something that they're seeking. Without lies, the world could not change. How stagnant. You could hardly call it life, the same as a world of memories. Just a world that's closed an incomplete. That's a place I wouldn't want to live in.

/code geass rant, the conclusion is that yes, I lie.

Back