• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like being the OT of your pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    For me it's a strong yes. Especially shinies. To me it shows the hard work you put forth in obtaining that shiny or the luck. As far as the regular pokemon I still love being the OT. Because if they have great stats from ev training, or a certain amount of ribbons and have certain stats maxed out for contests, it lets others know that you were the one who put in the work. As far as legendaries, I like to the the OT of the ones you can be the OT of. Some events I don't mind like Jirachi because the OT is Wishmkr or close to that. But the ones you can be the OT of lets others know what you went through to catch that legendary pokemon especially if a Master ball wasn't used.

Years
    Ya being the OT is cool and makes you feel accomplished.

But the boosted experience on a traded pokemon is really nice too. Especially if it's a Dratini or something like that.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Yep, I don't train traded pokemon, I breed them, or use them to level up my other pokemon :P

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Before I answer sensible answers(whoops), what is OT?!

Orginal Trainer i.e. the person that caught the pokemon or hatched an egg.

I like being the OT but I don't mind it too much because most of my lv 100 pokemon come from games that I have started over, so the trainer in my E game isn't thier OT anyway, that really irratates me.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Yeah I use the same name in all my games. If it's not Kavin it's Kavin ^_^ or it's Kavin! or something like that

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Oh I got it. Of course I I like being the OT. It makes me feel great 'cause I personally trained them and battled with them. Much as I love trading with friends, the pokemon I traded(and trained) is like a piece of my collection.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I love to be the OT of my pokemon, it makes them feel more special to me, because I know I worked hard to get it where it is now...and in every game I've had I made sure to have the same name..."Shivi"

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Yeah my names vary but all have the common interest...my name. I have Kavin, Kavin!, Kavin ^_^, Kavin with the male sign, and maybe even Kavin with a period! lol

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Before I answer sensible answers(whoops), what is OT?!
    OT stands for Original Trainer. Comply with what it means.

I like the sense behind these. You captured the Pokemon and it's your responsibility or choice to what will its fate be. And you know its your Pokemon and you worked hard to raise it well, it makes it feel special and makes you feel proud.

I like the traded ones because of the + Exp.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes. I can re name and nickname all I want and its proof that I worked to get that pokemon.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Yeah, I like being the OT. Being the OT, you have the right to say "I raised this thing all by myself, from capture to level 100," and it feels a lot better to beat the crap out of your opponent's Pokémon with Pokémon you know the best and have raised all on your own than those you just received through trades.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    Ofcourse I like being the OT. Although I like the EXP boost from traded pokemon, I do prefer to be the OT of any pokemon. I always did.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    I'm all for boosted EXP and all, but if you get a pokemon in a trade with a lame nickname (like every in-game trade), you're kinda screwed, so I'd go with being the OT any day of the.......day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    i dont mind really
    whichever
    the added exp points frm trading is great
    but its weird....my OT pokemon always seem 2 b better to me and stronger
    dunno maybe just me
    but thats what i notice

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    For me it's a strong yes. Especially shinies. To me it shows the hard work you put forth in obtaining that shiny or the luck. As far as the regular pokemon I still love being the OT. Because if they have great stats from ev training, or a certain amount of ribbons and have certain stats maxed out for contests, it lets others know that you were the one who put in the work. As far as legendaries, I like to the the OT of the ones you can be the OT of. Some events I don't mind like Jirachi because the OT is Wishmkr or close to that. But the ones you can be the OT of lets others know what you went through to catch that legendary pokemon especially if a Master ball wasn't used.

Same here to all of that lol! I love seeing my name on the pokemon. Especially if it is a legendary shiny or something really rare that then gets traded and stuff. You name goes over everywhere!

Back