• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like sushi?

Years
  • Beware the kani miso. It's not the miso you're thinking of.

I never ate much seafood before I became vegetarian, but there are a couple I can eat and like: inari zushi, kappa maki, tamago, and a few others which are meat-free.

Years
  • I love sushi. But I don't love avocade. WHY IS THERE AVOCADO IN THE ONE WITH LOBSTAH! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT.....

What is this nonsense? You sure you don't mean wasabi? 'Cause those two look identical and have very distinct tastes (avocado is kinda meh in flavor and wasabi has a real nasty spicy kick to it for how it looks).

Anyways... I like the two variants of sushi I have tried so far... but both were kinda spicy.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    I'm not a fan of spicier foods so I won't go near wasabi.

I love the standard california roll. :3

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Love me some Sushi, California rolls <3
    Maybe some Salmon or Teriyaki Chicken if I feel like it too but yeah xD;

Years
  • Love sushi! As long as I don't think about that slab of raw fish on top of the rice. xD
    Kidding, I really like sushi. xD

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I've tried a California Roll and some other varieties, but yeah, I like the california roll better. xD

The seaweed doesn't taste too good to me. ><

That being said, I'm on the fence about sushi. I don't really like/dislike it yet

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • At first, I was really hesitant to try sushi. It was raw meat, afterall, and some say that eating it could kill me.

One day, my cousin brought my family to this sushi place near Chuck e Cheeses. Everyone was excited besides me. I was really afraid to taste any of the meals here. One of my cousin noticed this and told me to calm down. She then took a sushi and ate it before giving me the rest of her plate. I swear that the tension was so much that I was sweating.

I ate the sushi, tuna if I recall, and was amazed at how amazing it tasted. I finished the plate in a matter of minutes, taking time to savor the taste of each sushi.

My other cousin recommended some wasabi. At the time, I didn't know what wasabi was. He, taking full advantage of the situation, said that it was something sweet that one puts on their sushi to make it taste better. I tried it, and my sushi soon became a fiery ball of Hell. I somehow managed to swallowed it and drank a whole cup of Dr. Pepper.

After calming down, I tried wasabi again, but only had a little bit this time. It was good, spicy, but good. This all happened one year ago when I still fourteen years old. XD; I know, a little bit late, eh?

After that, I became a lover of sushi. It is one of my favorite cuisine of all time. I want some sushi now. ;;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Love itttt. :DD Cali Roll, Bama Roll (yeah, we have that here), tuna roll, Elvis roll (lololol), salmon roll...whatever. I'll eat almost anything, though. Tried eel. It tasted good, but the texture was awkward to me, so I haven't bothered with it ever since. Never use wasabi, though. My brother ate all the ginger root on his plate once though...

Ayselipera

I really like it. I mean it's not something I go out and order, but if someone asks if I want one I'll gladly take it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've tried it, it's really good. :3

Of course, it's only regular sushi, not spicy or whatever other flavors their are.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I actually do, but it depends on where I go and what their menu is like. Being vegetarian kinda limits my sushi palette since I also don't like the imitation crab they usually put in. It also helps that I find all of the process and ideas behind sushi really fascinating, from a culinary standpoint.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
  • i can't fully say yes, but i absolutely loveloveLOVE the sushi where it's sashimi (raw fish) on top of rice. i like it plain, without any sauce or anything. :x

and i simply love sashimi with hot sauce.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've never tried sushi myself,though I'd rather stick to not trying it tbh unless someone can force me too eat it.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I totally love sushi. It is the best stuff ever! I love Inside California Rolls the best. I haven't tried the ones with raw tuna or eel yet. I am kinda of scared to try those. I will try to eat them one of these days, but I will eat the ones with crab and shrimp only. And ones with Spicy Mayo...omg. It is to die for. <3<3

Careful with the Wasabi. That stuff pack a powerful punch. Phew...so spicy. But it is great. XD And ginger is great as well with sushi.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I love me some sushi. Sashimi is better, in my opinion, though. It's got that tangy aftertaste that is just SO good.

I can't think of any types of sushi I've been around that I haven't tried. I've even had some that I had no idea what kind they were xD

Back