• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like the idea of an almost all new group?

Opinions?

• Yes

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    No Brock? Every Generation its Ash and Brock.
    This time, it sounds like Ash will be with an all new group.
    No Brock, two new characters joining his side.
    Do you like this idea?
    I do, it'd bring some thing refreshing to the show.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • idk, im afraid that if i say no il get flamed because lots of people dont like change.

whats nice is a temporary change, not perminent. i supose like tracey was implimented for one season i think before brock came back.

as for the girl charicters, they're constantly changing. they are the most disapointing loss because each of them has a part they contribute to a season before becoming forgoten, makes it seem like they're dispensable or something..

misty was more funny and a battler.

may came with max who was a cute addition for some variation and with the addition of contests.

dawn is more of a beuty queen focusing 100% on contests

i feel they've nerfed brock to the point where he just cooks food which is a disapointment =(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, I'd rather they'd either keep them all or remove them all. That much I can say.

By "remove them all." It means exactly what it says: They also have to remove Ash and Pikachu as well.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ^ I actually agree with Weedle on this one. I would've preferred a whole new group rather than keeping Ash again, but I suppose we all knew that was never going to happen. It would've been nice if the anime was a little more like Pokespe and changed all the characters around every series, it makes more sense than advertising with a character from a game that's over 10 years old now, when there are newer characters.

Anyway, I like that 2 were changed this time, hopefully it'll be a little more refreshing since Brock has been dull for years.

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    A whole new group is better, IMO. Ash is becoming a cliche character. If they age Ash a bit, then I would be okay with him staying.

I actually like Brock, however, he is becoming useless now. I don't care about the female characters as long as they aren't useless, too.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • Hmm...I don't know, I'm afraid that if they change Ash as well, my feelings for Pokemon would surely change. (Even if I don't like Ash.)
    But if the new character was Ethan, maybe I wouldn't mind, and my feelings for Pokemon wouldn't change. But I know it won't happen.
    I think they should age Ash, yes. After all, he can't be ten years old forever. :/​

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Basically, to me, it would have been far better if they just wrote Ash off the show during Battle Frontier's climax, since he already beat the Battle Frontier, which was implied to be stronger or on the same level as the Elite 4, so in that sense he had become a Pokemon Master.

Years
  • I'm going to say no. Brock has been there for so long, that his removal has made me decide to finally stop watching the anime all together. Okay, that's not as drastic as it sounds, I only watched about 25 or so episodes of DP. :/

It feels like someone threw away your old toy that you still keep around, even just for the sake of remembering the old days.

I can't believe people thought Dawn was going to stay. :/

Last edited:

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    No I dont like it. Iris is in desperate need of a haircut and the green haired guy looks like a pansy and the fat guy is too old. I hated dawn so I dont care what happens to her but brock was the best. :( At least their keeping ash. :(

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
  • I'm not really sure how to answer this. I loved the latest teaming between Ash, Brock and Dawn. I wasn't keen on Dawn at the beginning but I warmed to her as the Diamond & Pearl saga continued. I'm really sad to see her leave but it's inevitable. The girl always leaves eventually.

As for Brock. I loved his character but he became increasingly mundane as a character because of the lack of plotlines and character developments. Maybe some time off screen could give the character and the writers some time to actually develop him alot more.

I think it's for the best but I doubt it's permanent since Brock is one of those character. An attachment to the series much like Ash, Jessie, James and Meowth is.

I hope it's a temporary fix but I wouldn't really lose much sleep over it since I'd rather have him doing something for himself than dragging his feet, acting as Ash's waiter. In my opinion.

A new group seems a bit of a leap of faith. Either it works or it's terrible. I think it's a great start to give us a rejuvenated feel to the decade old series and it may give us a bit of a distraction from the never growing Ash. XD. It feels brand new for once and for the first time for me. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming season because it has the element of surprise. Since I could practically predict what happens in each new region with Ash & Brock.

Change is good and it can also be bad.

No I dont like it. Iris is in desperate need of a haircut and the green haired guy looks like a pansy and the fat guy is too old. I hated dawn so I dont care what happens to her but brock was the best. :( At least their keeping ash. :(

Why don't you just give it a try. It may not be all that bad. Making assumptions before actually giving it a try never really helps anyone and hinders you from enjoying the series.

I'm going to say no. Brock has been there for so long, that his removal has made me decide to finally stop watching the anime all together. Okay, that's not as drastic as it sounds, I only watched about 25 or so episodes of DP. :/

It feels like someone threw away your old toy that you still keep around, even just for the sake of remembering the old days.

I can't believe people thought Dawn was going to say. :/

I agree with you. Brock was basically like a leg of the series and now it's gone, it may fall and break. I hope the time away gives the writers time to give Brock some good storylines. I mean, he is a breeder. Tell us there are Breeder conventions or meetings he can go to. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, if there is a silver lining in this, its that at least we don't have to put up with Brock's antics anymore, at least for this saga.

Honestly, I'm a heterosexual male as well as a christian, and I somewhat find him repulsive due to the fact that he still tries to hit on a lot of women, even during the few times where the women actually do fall for him, he still leaves for another woman. It may not be as bad as Charlie Harper's antics, but it is still quite bad. What's even worse is that thanks to his antics as well as similar antics from similar characters in the media, it seems as though we are almost expected to act like this, and if we don't, we're automatically gay even if we have absolutely no attraction to the same sex. I was a victim of this.

Other than that, the other gripe I have against Brock is that he doesn't actually follow his goal. He's supposed to be a breeder, so why doesn't he do that goal? It would be better if he actually did follow Ash to further his goal, and not because Ash and his other friends can't cook to save their lives.

I'm also annoyed at how they did his departure and return during Johto-Hoenn's transition. Like Misty, Brock also left to take care of the Gym thanks to certain problems. However, unlike Misty, Brock ended up not retaking the Gym, when really, the state of the Gym would really require it, since it was in an even worse condition than Cerulean Gym. At least Cerulean Gym had the whole issue about her sisters leaving that nearly shut it down. With Pewter Gym, most likely it would have been shut down even IF the Gym Leader was present. I mean, the gym was unsafe and uncool, for how the Rock Pokemon nearly drowned as a result of Lola's idiotic decision to add a pool into the holes, and the bad decorations respectively. Because of what they said in the Cerulean Blues newsflash, with two-thirds of that, it's almost guaranteed that the gym would have been shut down even IF the Gym Leader was present. I'm actually surprised that it still continued to function. Then we get to Grating Spaces, which had Pewter Gym in an even WORSE condition than before, since not only did Pewter Gym get another makeover, it was an even worse one than before, and Lola even went as far as to accept painters to muck it up, Painters who, BTW, had an agenda for stealing their pokemon, and Forrest didn't even attempt to lead the gym or stop that vandalization, despite being the Gym Leader. Honestly, it was just bad that the writers basically cheated it. As far as I'm concerned, HE should have gotten the Misty treatment that Misty got due to that, not Misty.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well, if there is a silver lining in this, its that at least we don't have to put up with Brock's antics anymore, at least for this saga.

Honestly, I'm a heterosexual male as well as a christian, and I somewhat find him repulsive due to the fact that he still tries to hit on a lot of women, even during the few times where the women actually do fall for him, he still leaves for another woman. It may not be as bad as Charlie Harper's antics, but it is still quite bad. What's even worse is that thanks to his antics as well as similar antics from similar characters in the media, it seems as though we are almost expected to act like this, and if we don't, we're automatically gay even if we have absolutely no attraction to the same sex. I was a victim of this.

Cool your jets, its not like anything ever happened with the women. He's 15. Calm down. its still a kids show for Christ's sake

Years
  • Brock has gotten really "side-quest"-est because he is not a strong trainer anymore...

If he had taken his Crobat, then maybe I'd stick with it. But Brock isn't good

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'd prefer if they keep at most one person from the previous series in each new series. I wouldn't want it to be the same person over and over again but it makes me feel like there's some kind of continuity in the series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'd prefer if they keep at most one person from the previous series in each new series. I wouldn't want it to be the same person over and over again but it makes me feel like there's some kind of continuity in the series.

I see no point in it, due to my egalitarian stances. To me, it's either keep them all or remove them all. No exceptions.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I don't know if Brock will come back next series either, I think from now on they'll keep replacing two of his friends instead of just the girl. LOL Maybe they felt they were being unfair or some thingXD That or they saw how unpopular he was latley. There's gotta be some reason why there getting rid of him finally. I'm suprised a lot of you want to keep him here, all he does is flirt with girls and between you and me I've gotten tired of that.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • weedle_mchairybug said:
    I see no point in it, due to my egalitarian stances. To me, it's either keep them all or remove them all. No exceptions.

I wouldn't want them to do. I never liked the idea of having a whole new cast each saga but having the same cast each saga would be boring.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I don't know if Brock will come back next series either, I think from now on they'll keep replacing two of his friends instead of just the girl. LOL Maybe they felt they were being unfair or some thingXD That or they saw how unpopular he was latley. There's gotta be some reason why there getting rid of him finally. I'm suprised a lot of you want to keep him here, all he does is flirt with girls and between you and me I've gotten tired of that.

Meh. As long as it isnt Tracey. But Dento looks like a stereotypical homosexual, which is ... Well, Im not sure exactly.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Brock and Dawn have been dull lately... They've become really generic and do very little, other than in sidequesty filler episodes. It's about time for them to go now, they've been with the show long enough. I don't mind that Ash is staying; like Vernikova said earlier, the show would feel weird and the continuity would feel lost if all of the main characters changed.

I don't mind Iris or Dento either (i doubt that'll be their English names though). I think they look sorta badass. Dento sorta has an air of Miles Edgeworth about him, for some reason.

I wonder if either one can cook? Otherwise Ash'll be definitely missing Brock and his cooking.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I wonder if either one can cook? Otherwise Ash'll be definitely missing Brock and his cooking.
    I wouldn't care about that. They magically survived in Orange Island. They can once again.

As for topic. I don't want the whole new group. It would be nice to see character which Ash already traveled with. Not necessarily Brock.

Back