• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like the idea of an almost all new group?

Opinions?

• Yes

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well it looks like we are now anyways! :D

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    2 new partners for Ash should definitely make things fresh for the new series. Brock does cook and provide for Ash, and he's always falling for any pretty girl he sees. I probably will miss Brock, but I think he's long overdue. It's time for some change.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would actually would like to still see Ash in them because I want to see his journey :x

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I truthly love the idea of ash having 2 new friends join him and old ones disappear...but i am going to miss dawn,she was cute.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's about time! I mean, yeah we all miss misty/may/dawn and brock, but it's a breath of fresh air to an already stale series..

da_absol

All-American Emo
    Years
    I originally was all for change. But i can't stand the character design of Iris. She is a WILD girl...ugh. Dento looks very interesting. I hope they will go to a lot more effort in explaining his backround. I will miss Brock, but he really didn't have that much part in the series besides being the caring teen over the group...and flirting for comic relief that got old.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if Ash is actually even going to be in Best Wishes. I mean, yes, we do have the concept art, but then again, the concept art also originally had Misty being 12 years old, when Episode 3 had her saying something that would indicate that she was ten years old. Plus, that concept art was really the only thing that even included Ash. None of the promotional material, not even the recent trailer from what I heard, even included Ash or even Team Rocket, for that matter.

I mean, if he is in it, he is in it, but wouldn't they have made a bit more of an effort to include him in promotional materials if that were the case, even if "more" involved just a very brief appearance in the trailer?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Actually I'd love to see some new companions for Ash. It was getting kind of boring, with Brock always being around. But I'm also going to miss him a lot. xD

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    Basically, to me, it would have been far better if they just wrote Ash off the show during Battle Frontier's climax, since he already beat the Battle Frontier, which was implied to be stronger or on the same level as the Elite 4, so in that sense he had become a Pokemon Master.

You know i have also though of the possibility of removing ash, i mean after so many years, we may be tired of ash, when they started airing pokemon chronicles i thought the series were going to make a turn, viewing the pokemon world from different perspectives of different trainers, breeders, gym leaders... But then I thought, ash and pikachu have given us so many good memories that maybe we wouldn't have felt the same for pokemon when it started, but then again, different people interact differently with pokemon, so ash's story is not the only one, but maybe if they put another compasive kind-hearthed person like ash but with other pokemon and personality... well many people have their one fanfiction for this, like me hehe. But i guess many people wouldnt like it so maybe that's why they stick with ash and pikachu. As of who their partners should be, well I think Brock needs a break but later they have too put him back soon since we would miss him i guess, but if they dont do that, i think he needs a change because his flirt personality is gettin old.

Last edited:

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    If they gave Ash a break for 1 season, i wouldn't mind making the attempt to watch it. I mean, sometimes I see Ash doing the same thing over and over agin, making the same mistakes. it tends to get annoying.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    triggerhappymonk said:
    If they gave Ash a break for 1 season, i wouldn't mind making the attempt to watch it. I mean, sometimes I see Ash doing the same thing over and over agin, making the same mistakes. it tends to get annoying.

The Japanese series doesn't have seasons so that wouldn't be definite. I wouldn't mind a 13 side-series to test it out even though the Hosos didn't do so well years ago.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I like the idea of changing the cast a bit. I'm probably going to be the only one to think this but.. I'm going to miss Dawn more than Brock. I'm not saying I love Dawn or anything because I'd prefer May/Misty were back, but I think they should stop changing the girl.. It's annoying watching a new coordinator learning the basics over and over.

Anyway, Brock has gotten stale over the series' and I think it's time for him to hang about with people his own age for once. :)

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    I like the idea of changing the cast a bit. I'm probably going to be the only one to think this but.. I'm going to miss Dawn more than Brock. I'm not saying I love Dawn or anything because I'd prefer May/Misty were back, but I think they should stop changing the girl.. It's annoying watching a new coordinator learning the basics over and over.

Anyway, Brock has gotten stale over the series' and I think it's time for him to hang about with people his own age for once. :)

I would like mysty or even may to be back too, you know, cause seeing them starting over again is boring, also i hope at least ash trains more of his older pokemon (besides pikachu) rather than training a whole new team only, at least for some episodes, like they did in johto or battle frontier.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Yes. 'Cause Ash and Brock are always present.
    Ash:- Dumb Pikachu is always with him, bad voice, immature acting, etc.
    Brock:- Same old sticking to girls, always someone disturbs him, very bad Pokémon, etc.

^These are the reasons...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    On the topic of an (almost) entirely new cast, I was reading some stuff in the BMGf archives, and Gliscor'd (aka Scott85 or Cybercubed) is stating that Best Wishes is going to be a complete reboot. He's wrong. The mere fact that Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket still exists proves that it is not a complete reboot. A complete reboot would require that absolutely none of the old characters or events reappear ever again, even erased from existance. In case that isn't clear enough, that means that not even Ash, his Pikachu, or Team Rocket could EVER reappear, either. Absolute erasure of the old, and only the new things existing. That's what a TRULY complete reboot is, since the definition of "completely" is an adjective for something that is 100% finished, or 100% done, and it has to be whole, and not rounded up. I'd tell that to him myself, but I'm permanently banned from BMGf, and to be quite frank, I'm sick and tired of having to be bullied by them just because of my loyalties to Misty.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well its nearly a reboot, two characters replacing Dawn and Brock {First time ever!} And new animation, Team Rocket getting new outfits for the first time in years. LOL weedle_mchairybug I think Misty fans get pushed around some times is cuz they overate her no offense, always talking about how she should be put back in the main cast cuz of how awesome she is. Or when they say how much more cooler she is than the other girls, so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well its nearly a reboot, two characters replacing Dawn and Brock {First time ever!} And new animation, Team Rocket getting new outfits for the first time in years.

Animation changes have happened throughout the series, so that isn't really a "reboot." Getting new outfits, even if it's Team Rocket's first, is also not really that much of a reboot. A reboot requires an absolute fresh start, and the only way to truly accomplish this, is if ABSOLUTELY NONE of the old things or the old characters return. Meaning, it's an entirely new cast, with absolutely no traces of the old (in other words, Ash is completely absent, and Team Rocket doesn't even exist, among other things). Thus, although close, it is not a truly complete reboot.

Even IF Misty, May, Brock, Tracey, or Dawn have absolutely no appearances or even mentions afterwards, it's still not a complete reboot, due to the simple fact that Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are still present.

LOL weedle_mchairybug I think Misty fans get pushed around some times is cuz they overate her no offense, always talking about how she should be put back in the main cast cuz of how awesome she is. Or when they say how much more cooler she is than the other girls, so.

At least one Misty fan has reasons for wanting her to return that doesn't even deal much with the girls (PokemonFan132 mentioned that Misty's goal was far from complete. And I agree, especially given how this show treats the Gym Leaders as being no different from Team Rocket, and the latter case has been classified as weak because they lost to a Caterpie who was not only completely inexperienced, but also barely even functioning. Misty's goal was to become the worlds greatest Water Pokemon Master, something that cannot be achieved while at the Gym.).

And honestly, you don't even know why Misty would even come close to being classified as a better role model. Ever since 1999, when I showed Princess vs. Princess to a relative of mine, she saw how Misty was different than the other girls in that episode, those girls who acted like a bunch of animals. In 2002, this same relative even mentioned that the girls in love hina were horrible. Heck, when I saw May in a Disney Adventures magazine promoting AG, I paid no mind to May at first, even when I knew she replaced Misty (although I never knew why or how Misty was replaced). All that changed in 2006, however on May the 25th. I went to Scottish Rites Pediatric Hospital shortly before my Freshman finals were completed because my chest was giving off pains and also experiencing a dry cough. While waiting for my 2 X-rays to come out, they had Pokemon airing. Although I didn't see May, I did hear a whiney, poodlish voice, and I realized then and there, after thinking I heard May spoke, that she was very similar to the very FAS that I and my family hated.

Not to mention that the book The Rise and Fall of Pokemon actually referred to Misty quite a few times, and yet surprisingly did not mention May, or even AG at all, despite the book being published in 2004, which by that point was either nearing the end of Hoenn, or just starting, depending on whether its referring to Japan and America, and quite a few other sources had praise for Misty, many of which were even research papers and not fansites.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Animation changes have happened throughout the series, so that isn't really a "reboot." Getting new outfits, even if it's Team Rocket's first, is also not really that much of a reboot. A reboot requires an absolute fresh start, and the only way to truly accomplish this, is if ABSOLUTELY NONE of the old things or the old characters return. Meaning, it's an entirely new cast, with absolutely no traces of the old (in other words, Ash is completely absent, and Team Rocket doesn't even exist, among other things). Thus, although close, it is not a truly complete reboot.

Even IF Misty, May, Brock, Tracey, or Dawn have absolutely no appearances or even mentions afterwards, it's still not a complete reboot, due to the simple fact that Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are still present.

At least one Misty fan has reasons for wanting her to return that doesn't even deal much with the girls (PokemonFan132 mentioned that Misty's goal was far from complete. And I agree, especially given how this show treats the Gym Leaders as being no different from Team Rocket, and the latter case has been classified as weak because they lost to a Caterpie who was not only completely inexperienced, but also barely even functioning. Misty's goal was to become the worlds greatest Water Pokemon Master, something that cannot be achieved while at the Gym.).

And honestly, you don't even know why Misty would even come close to being classified as a better role model. Ever since 1999, when I showed Princess vs. Princess to a relative of mine, she saw how Misty was different than the other girls in that episode, those girls who acted like a bunch of animals. In 2002, this same relative even mentioned that the girls in love hina were horrible. Heck, when I saw May in a Disney Adventures magazine promoting AG, I paid no mind to May at first, even when I knew she replaced Misty (although I never knew why or how Misty was replaced). All that changed in 2006, however on May the 25th. I went to Scottish Rites Pediatric Hospital shortly before my Freshman finals were completed because my chest was giving off pains and also experiencing a dry cough. While waiting for my 2 X-rays to come out, they had Pokemon airing. Although I didn't see May, I did hear a whiney, poodlish voice, and I realized then and there, after thinking I heard May spoke, that she was very similar to the very FAS that I and my family hated.

Not to mention that the book The Rise and Fall of Pokemon actually referred to Misty quite a few times, and yet surprisingly did not mention May, or even AG at all, despite the book being published in 2004, which by that point was either nearing the end of Hoenn, or just starting, depending on whether its referring to Japan and America, and quite a few other sources had praise for Misty, many of which were even research papers and not fansites.

That's why I said nearly a reboot.
    So? Some feel Dawn didn't get a good ending either, she didn't get to beat Zoey her main rival and didn't win the Grand Festival. I mainly feel she should have at least beat Zoey, the same way May beat Drew, well not the same of course but you know what I mean. I mean, all fans feel there character should finish the goals on screen, Misty's character at least won some thing dealing with water, what was it again? The Whirl Cup Tournament? Kind of like a Grand Festival but dealing with Water trainers. So you could say the same thing with all the girls. And better role model? Honestly, its all a matter of opinions really. May fans would say May was a better role model, so would Dawn fans. Heck, I say Ash is the best role model ever! So I'm glad he's the main character, now and forever.

Last edited:
    Back