• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your 'recording' voice

Do you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    E.g. - When you record to computer, the voice normally sounds... different.

For me, it's a lot lower than I would ever think, it's like I'm 15. But I'm happy with it, sounds 'professional' for when I do tutorials :)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The recording of your voice is actually what your voice sounds like to other people, you just perceive your own voice slightly differently as it is coming from inside you iirc.

I don't mind mine, although it sounds completely different to what I'd like to call my voice. I probably wouldn't be able to recognise it as my own if it were played to me out of the blue. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Im not sure if i like my recording voice. I know it doesnt really sound that much like me but, IDK what I think about it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ew, no.
    I don't like what technology does to my voice, so why would I record it?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ew, no.
    I don't like what technology does to my voice, so why would I record it?
    Nick's voice is that of a Jigglypuff. /true fact

As for me, I've come to terms with my voice.

About two or so years ago I completely hated the sound of my own voice, both digitally and when I heard myself speaking. After a little time, however, my voice started to deepen a bit more than it had originally during that wonderful period of life that we all go through.

Still, only close friends hear my mouth-words. :x

Cid

Years
    I probably wouldn't be able to recognise it as my own if it were played to me out of the blue. XD
    Same.

Last time I heard it when recorded in the computer, I wasn't that fond of it. Though I can't say I hate it.

I could say that it's different from what I believe my voice sounds.

Years
    Nah, it's fine. I honestly think mine sounds the same, but it used to sound bad when recorded before my voice broke.

This makes me wish we had a voice chat channel.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I hate my voice when it's recorded. And I can't actually believe that people hear it that way :S

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    The recording of your voice is actually what your voice sounds like to other people, you just perceive your own voice slightly differently as it is coming from inside you iirc.
    But the recording of your own voice only sounds like the actual voice that people hear only when the recorder is really good, like that in a recording studio.

The recorder in my PC records my voice wrong too, and anyone who has heard the recording agrees with me that it sounds totally different than my real voice.

And I can't actually believe that people hear it that way :S

Like I said before, it might be the fact that your recorder isn't good enough, and so it sounds different.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It makes my 'sexy British accent' truly noticeable, so there's nothing not to like.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Nope :( I really hate my voice, especially when recorded, (some please take my voice box) It makes me sound older, not that that's a bad thing but, I just don't like it.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    It's natural that your own voice would sound different to you when you hear it recorded.

As for me, I hate my recorded voice. It's way way wayy to low. This is why I have that automated voice message on my phone or whatever you call it. My boyfriend keeps telling me to change it, but I don't think I will. xD

Back