• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Nickname your Pokemon?

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
Years
  • Age 28
  • She/Her
  • Canada
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I nickname every Pokémon, unless I don't plan on keeping them, like it's for a trade or something. I will not say that most of the names are creative, as sometimes I either nickname them a shorter version of their name, or it might just be a Pokémon named Bob XD.

Years
Yes and no.
I'll usually nickname my initial team for a region's first exploration.
Every playthrough after that in that region I'll usually not bother =P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
Casual playthrough: No. Learns the Pokemon's name easier. One (postgame) exception: two Pokemon of the same species with different builds...sometimes. Owns Armarouge (Tera: Fire) and Armarose (Tera: Psychic), for example. Should do this with the Avaluggs, Iron Moths, and Cacturnes, come to think of it.

Challenge playthrough: Yes. Follows a theme to keep naming easy. Wastes too much time coming up with names otherwise.

JCXD7L

Decidueye.
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I Always do it so it just makes the Pokemon feel like it's personal instead of being some random Pokemon like all the others(although my names aren't that original lmao)

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
Years
I mean, ¿why wouldn't you do that? It's obligatory for someone like me because i want to have personality while fighting in a battle. I always give my pokes nicknames which go with the type they are like Blastwater or Shockline

Back