• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Play any Musical Instruments?

Play an Instrument?

• Yes, woodwind! (Flute, clarinet, etc.)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes, brass! (Trumpet, tuba, etc.)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Yes, percussion! (Drums, piano, etc.)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No, but I really want to learn!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Nope, and I'm not really interested.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    I play piano! That's why I'm really fast at typing. ;)

I don't know if anyone's said this already, but you forgot the string instruments (violins, cellos, ect.).

Daegon

Friend of all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    I just don't have any time for any musical instruments.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm teaching myself to play the piano now, because it's always been my favorite instrument. I'm not very good at it yet, but give me some time! I've found a lot of online lessons, books, and tapes that I'm reading and watching... I'm really determined to learn how to play some of my favorite songs.

My mom would also love for me to learn how to play the violin, so I may start trying to pretty soon. It would definitely be my second choice, anyway!

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [SIZE="-7"]I's a band geek. =)

I play two instruments: trumpet, and baritone. Trumpet for marching season, and baritone for concert. I like both, and I'm about just as good at both. Since...they're basically played the exact same way. One's just got a bigger mouthpiece. o_O; I can't hit hardly anything below the staff as well on trumpet anymore, and it's hard to hit high notes past about G4 on the baritone really. It's rather frustrating...changing your embouchre for two instruments at different times really does affect your playing though. I should learn bass clef. I've been playing the treble part whenever we have it, or sometimes tenor sax part if we don't have one.

I remember someone saying something about what grade music they played...o.o We've only got one Grade 4 piece right now, and it's called Whitewater Festival. Good one, I love it. It's a challenge. ...Sorta. All of the songs are pretty easy to me, and even that one's not .that. hard. o.o

I'm speaking French for all you non-bandlettes out there. Happy to confuse you. ;D (By the way, that's not my word, I kinda borrowed it from a friend of mine XD)

...Man, that's a long post. o_o;[/SIZE]

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    No I don't... I'm terribly blind in music. I remember how I failed one subject in elementary, and that's music... that shows how bad I am at this.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Mostly piano, since I started on it ever since I was 4. I tried flute, but quit. As of right now, I'm only a beginner in violin. Currently trying to self teach guitar and drums.

<3 Piano.

Samuri Scearious

Alone in the World.
    Years
    Woodwind, brass, percussion...
    You forgot SO many. ^_^ Like strings!
    Anyways, I would play any instrument I can get my hands on! I love instruments!
    ^_^ And I love the harpsichord, glockenspiel, and psaltery.

Years
    I play Bb trumpet, C trumpet, piccolo trumpet, and slide trumpet.

The difference detween a piccolo trumpet and a regular trumpet is a piccolo has 4 valves, while the regular one has 3. A slide trumpet is also known as a soprano trombone, or a mini trombone.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I don't play an instrument, but I'd really like to play a guitar or something like that, XD.

Otherwise I use that annoying hurtful thing I have, what's it called? Oh yes, my singing, I'm terrible at that, XD.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Don Patch, you go! Anyway...Passed Grade six on Cornet (smaller than trumpet) and Passed Gade five piano...

Demon X

Unknow 2 u, death is my rage
    Years
    Sorry 4 those who play piano!! i play a trombone/bass guitar i'm trying to get a bass trombone but its not working out very well.

Back