• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you sleep with a nightlight?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    No. I just have my TV on. Or if I don't feel like listening to it, I'll mute it and put my iPod on timer and set it to shuffle and fall asleep like that.

I just have to be able to hear SOMETHING or else I can't fall asleep. I hate sitting in complete, silent darkness.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I don't have a nightlight, but I do prefer some form of a dim light, whether from the window or whatever.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, and.. ugh.

I didn't use a nightlight for the first 15 years of my life, and I was fine.

THEN my adorable grandma bought me one randomly, because she found the cover pretty or something. So I used it to not hurt her feelings. After awhile I got used to it, and now it's just habit. It's in a spot where it's not glaring into my eyes, and so I just flip it on and don't even think about it. -shrug-

Years
    No, I haven't used a nightlight in years. I am perfectly fine with sleeping in the door. I used to leave my door open a long time ago as my nightlight but I got tired of it because I have trouble going to sleep with the light on for the bathroom.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    If I could have it, I'd sleep in total darkness. I hate lights on when I'm trying to sleep, and it's a real pain if I'm at a hotel and they have them big floodlights outside. x_x
    I'd never get alseep if I had a nightlight in my room. In the hallway it'd be fine, but in my room... never.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I use to sleep with the TV on. Now that I sleep on the couch temporarily while my bed is full of boxes (I'm moving) I sleep with the porch light on.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Yus, I too, like KanadeTenshi, need to hug something ELSE I can't sleep.

Yes, I sleep with one because I'm affraid of dark, as I can't see anything and am always affraid of something bad happening >_>

Fury194

.___________________.
    Years
    I sometimes sleep with the TV on because I'm a massive klutz when I need to go to the bathroom at 3 AM on a school night. Weekends, no. Since by the time I go to sleep, there's already light from outside my window going through my blinds.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I used to. i was terrified of ghosts. Then I just decided I didn't care about them and find the darkness peaceful. uhh not because I'm emo or something xD. But just because the light gets annoying after having it around all the time. The dark is nice on my eyes :D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    No. I just have my TV on. Or if I don't feel like listening to it, I'll mute it and put my iPod on timer and set it to shuffle and fall asleep like that.

I just have to be able to hear SOMETHING or else I can't fall asleep. I hate sitting in complete, silent darkness.

This says it all. Complete and silent darkness gives me the creeps. but sometimes ido forcefull by me. and im used to it a little.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Throughout my life, it's been on and off. As a little girl, I definitely did because I thought there were monsters in my closet. Then sometimes as I got a bit older, I'd feel more confident and sleep in the dark. But, then I'd think too much and freak myself out and have to turn it on again.

My boyfriend is with me pretty much every night now, so I feel comfortable sleeping in the dark with someone there with me. And when he's there, I hate any kind of light on.. the TV, hall light, etc. But when he isn't there I like sleeping with the hall light on, because I don't like being alone.

I'm so picky, it seems. x_x

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't really care about lights when sleeping, even when I was a child. As long as there's a soft bed and fluffy pillow, I'll fall asleep. with or without lights. :D

Back