• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you speak multiple languages?

Years
  • I took French from about 5th grade all the way through high school, so I can basically read and listen to things in French, and understand what they mean (speaking and writing it, though, I'm not really good at). Aside from that and being native in English, I can't speak any other languages other than a few words that I've learned in Japanese, Spanish, Korean and German.

Years
  • Just English now.

I took about four years or so of German, but it's been so long since I've used it that I've basically forgotten it. :(

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I speak English and Spanish at home, I'm fluent in two. I'm slowly learning Japanese and Swahili. I also understand a few sentences in many other languages I will not be able to learn them.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
    Years
  • English is my main language. I live in Australia. I use to be pretty decent in French when I learnt it in Year 7, so about 5 years ago. But I didn't bother learning anymore so I forgot basically everything.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    English, because practically everybody has to learn it. I also know Mandarin, forced to learn it because the government says so, Min Nan Hua (aka taiwanese/hokkien/whateveryoucallit), basic Cantonese, because i am one and some Malay (bahasa melayu).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Monolingual Anglo-English speaker. I would otherwise only have use of Japanese but have not sought tutelage.

Altomare

Purupuru!
    Years
  • Filipino and English, since I'm from the Philippines.
    I can understand some japanese words (thanks to the anime) but I cannot read their language.
    We had Mandarin at high school. I almost failed that class and forgotten any words I may have learned from it.
    Some spanish too (thank you Dora the Explorer :) )

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
    Years
  • My dominant language is English and I'm not fluent in any other languages. However, I can understand and write fragments of Spanish. Furthermore, I would love to learn Spanish to the point of speaking is fluently and to write it fluently. I can also read Spanish, but it's not beneficial since I cannot understand it.

Years
  • Fluent in both English and Russian. I'm a tiny bit rusty on bits and pieces of my Russian, but thankfully I get to practice by speaking at home with my parents! Have no one else to really speak it with.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Since English is my native language, I can also speak a fair amount of French, basic Spanish, a tiny bit of Croatian, and a very tiny bit of Japanese.

French: Je parle Français, mais tres petit. Desolé ! (I speak French, but very little. Sorry!)
    Spanish: Buenas Tardes, me llamo Bubblun, tengo 22 años. (Good afternoon, my name is Bubblun, I'm 22 years old.)
    Croatian: Dobar Dan, zovem se Bubblun, drago mi je. (Good day, my name is Bubblun, nice to meet you.)
    Japanese: こにちは, わたし は バブルン. げンきです か? (Hello, I am Bubblun, how are you?)

I learned French in school, Spanish in college, and Croatian and Japanese on my own accord. Hoping to speak a bit more than what I know.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Being born in Paris, French is my native language...but I've forgotten the majority of it as time has gone on, since I've lived in New Zealand for far longer than I did in the west end of Paris. It's a shame that I can only barely remember the language I spoke as a young kid :((((( I've swapped the language of my youth for the one I am speaking now. Is that good or bad? Trading one of the most romantic languages of the world for by far the most convenient one. I still speak some French, but not enough to get by in conversation :/

This but with Italian. I was born in Canada but my parents are Italian so they taught me that first.. then I had to go to school and there was a language barrier.

I've forgotten it all, basically though..

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
    Years
  • My primary languages are English and Chinese. I speak both Chinese and English at home. I am a Chinese American. I was born in the United States, and I was born Chinese. I know some Spanish since I take a Spanish class at school. I am able to speak Spanish somewhat well.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • My main language obviously is English, but I speak a bit of Polish because my grandma speaks it and everyone in my family speaks it a little. Mój polski nie jest bardzo dobra, choć. I have no grammar or spelling whatsoever, it's mostly speaking. I had to ask my mom where the accent went on 'choć'.

Escribo y hablo español. Yo era estudiante de AP Españoles, en mis tiempos. Y era parte de un programa de intercambio de estudiantes con mi escuela. Pero yo prácticamente sólo aprendió la jerga mientras que en la Ciudad de México.

Lamentablemente, mi español no es tan bueno como lo que solía ser.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I understand/speak English, German, Swedish to a great extent.
    Understand/speak enough Russian and Spanish to get around for about fifteen minutes in such a city.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    English and I can hold out on my own with Spanish. I can't say that I'm really fluent in it since I fumble on words and forget them a lot, but after hearing my mom speak spanish for twenty+ years now I can pretty much understand most of what she is saying when she's conversing in Spanish with others.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I learned French in high school and was the best at it in my entire school for all five years! I was pretty fluent!

Alas, I've been out of school for four years now and haven't studied it since, so I'm a tad rusty :P

Back