• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Swear?

Do You Swear?

• Yes

Votes: 50 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • I try my hardest not to, though if something really irks me or I'm in pain I can't help but fall onto that old habit.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I say 'damn' and the 's' word quite a bit, but I otherwise try to refrain. Hearing the f-bomb every other word in the lunch line makes you tired of hearing it, so you're certainly not going to say it. But I've grown used to it. I have this built-in mindset where I never curse around my parents. I don't say 'freakin,' 'sucks,' 'crap/crud,' nothing. It's just an instinct. I replace damn/crap with dang or darn, sucks with stinks, and freakin' with goshdarn.

... *feels like a prude*

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • The day that I don't swear at all is the day that Piloswine Flu turns out to be Mukubird Flu in disguise.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
  • No.
    I hate hearing people curse.
    It's so vulgar and unnecessary to hear.
    I sometimes use 'hell' or 'damn' when I want to make a point.
    The worst I use is 'ass'.
    I only seriously curse (meaning, the f-bomb and 's' word) when I'm extremely angered.
    So all in all, I just stick with 'heck', 'dang' or 'darn', 'freaking', and 'crap'.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Hell yeah =D *shot*

[AGELIMIT]13+ year-olds[/AGELIMIT]

Spoiler:

I honestly don't like to swear. Pay no mind to my first few words at the top; that was a lie D= I usually do it when I'm mad, though. Or when something good happens XD It's a bad habit, really~

Years
  • I don't really swear, and never in casual conversation. When I start swearing, it's a sign that I'm REALLY pissed off (but that doesn't happen often, and even then, I usually control myself).

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I try to avoid it when I can, since I personally don't like it when someone else swears - especially when it's for absolutely no reason at all.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Used to, then a couple of months ago my French teacher went on a massive rant about people swearing. He said that the only reason people swear isn't to sound funny, or to look cool, or to look mature, it's because they don't know any adjectives other than that word we all know and love. It was on that same day that I decided I'd prove him wrong by using as much adjectives as I could when talking to him, and I've sorta grown outta the habit of using bad language.

So true. Why swear if you can use other words?

I never swear. And I even try to correct people when they do. Well, because of the environment I grew up, I only use one swear in my whole life. Then I figured out that it was a swear. (How can I be so ignorant for 12 years!?) I tried to shrug it off, because it's my official trademark. People know me for that, though I think subconsciously it really bothered me because I found myself not swearing anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I type swear words lots online but IRL, especially around family, I'm innocent as far as swearing goes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Online, I sometimes swear just for the kicks. Offline, I do not swear, which is amazing, as everyone around me does.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Nope. Swearing doesn't do anybody any good, simple as that. I see no point in it. Actually, I went to get my hair cut today, and it seems like everybody and their grandmother was cursing nonstop. I mean really; there were children younger than me in there! Don't they have any manners or respect? The whole time I was there I was trying to tune them out. I try not to let that stuff get into my mind and think about it, because what comes in is definitely going to come out.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • I will...When I'm mad...Or I'm being sarcastic...But I'll only swear at the Appropriate times...I.E I won't swear to my boss or my superiors or the police and Government officials...I will swear when Enraged though...

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • Yo, Marill! I'm, like, posting in this thread because you told me to. XD It's an interesting question, though.

I swear like a... some kind of clever swear-pun that I'm not bothered to think of. I swear a lot. Parents and teachers don't seem to care if you don't do it in front of them, and I have an annoying habit of saying, "Don't F'ing (you know what I mean by "F'ing" =P) swear!" whenever an adult I know does swear, like if they hit their foot on something or some such.

I also (irreverent) hate people who say, "Kids shouldn't swear," BTW. I'm not a kid (/18!), but I say that adults and teens should be, if anything, setting an EXAMPLE for children by not swearing, especially not in front of them. If a child swears, it's because they heard it from you (that or you just weren't watching them closely enough and they saw Family Guy or something XD), so, seriously... Being an adult doesn't give you an UBRE swearing license, or something. Equal swearing rights for everyone!

But, uh... Yeah. I do swear, to repeat. Yes. Yes, I do. XD

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Nah, I don't actually swear IRL because... I dunno, it's impossible for me to actually use swear words within my daily speech ^o^; However, I can use them just for fun or in times of ouchhh.

Back