• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DO YOU TAKE CAPITAL LETTERS AS SHOUTING?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I take it as shouting. But usually after reading what was written, I decide if it's meant to be shouted or just like attention-grabbing and stuff.

But my main instinct is to consider it shouting.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ^: You forgot the hot pink color on it.

I think of ALLCAPS as shouting or gibberish, with exceptions.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    WHY YES, YES I DO. :U

Or at least talking really loudly.

Emphasis for me would be if something were italicized, bolded, or underlined.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Depends on the context. In many cases, I see it being used for sillyness, fun, and more often, emphasis. But most often, I view caps as yelling, and I highly do not appreciate it. I see a lot of mods do it on this site, and it really only begrudges the person rather than solve any situation. I think many mods need to put a lid on it and think of what are really the best ways of communication. Caps and big text should honestly be used more or less just for emphasis. Anything else and you can bunch it up to stupidity or an unnecessary way [and easy way out] to get one's point across.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    When someone goes ahead and makes a post or thread with capital letters, I usually take it as SHOUTING or trying to get their point across quickly. However it depends on what they are saying.

For example, if one were to put in capital letters, THANK YOU or LOL DUH. It doesn't in actuality have to mean shouting. But if one were to put: I KNOW THAT. This short sentence shows a lot in meaning as shouting, rudeness or just trying to get a point across. I suppose only using capital letters for when it is needed is necessary such as in the beginning of a sentence or the letter 'I', is better for those who get offended by it in some way. O_o; Other than that, for myself, I use capital letters briefly and try not to get anyone offended.

...Or if someone's caps lock is stuck on, then...THEY WILL USE CAPITAL LETTERS ALL THE TIME. XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    It depends on the context, though usually I take it as shouting, yes.

In the other cases, I take it as coming from someone who doesn't know how to italicize their words. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    i take it as shouting. its not bad, but more annoying. i have no idea why.. whens its lowercase, it seems easier to read.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    NO SOMETIMES IM JUST TOO LAZY TO STOP HOLDING DOWN THE SHIFT KEY SO I LIKE TO GIVE MY PINKY FINGER A BREAK.

depends on the context caps are used in.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sometimes. Usually when I type in all caps, it's emphasis...which could be taken as yelling. I know some people that type in all caps because their eyes are that bad. :|

Back