• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash would have been better if...

What do you think?

• Total voters
    Years
    Yeah! With Charmander! Then he'd have that one for the rest o' the series an' I'd get ta see a Charizard in every ep. if it evolved. He would also have not left it in Charicific Valley! T_T

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    come on, now who doesn't wanna see a cute little pikachu on the screens... (kids related), besides from eh... a charizard... lol... na, satoshi's charizard almost bit his head off, 0.o... doesn't charizard look scary?... and plus, pika is more fun anyways then bulba, squirt, or char.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    cold_katanagirl said:
    I heard if Ash didn't start with Pikachu, he would have ended up with a Clefairy.

... Ash + Clefairy = WTF.
    I completely agree with you. A Clefairy would have been just scary.><;;; Pikachu is much better. And well, it fits Ash, IMO.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Ash and Clefairy? That would be cute, but it doesn't seem to fit, IMO. Hmm, if was going to start off with a different Pok?mon, I don't think his personality will change...much, sweeties. Really, starting off with a different Pok?mon, wouldn't make him any better.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    PokemonMstrSpiro said:
    Where did you get the idea that Ash would have a Clefairy?
    That was the original plan before Pikachu was decided on to be the main choice.

As for if things would have been better, I'd say not. He got all three starters either way. o_O

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    He would get all three starters anyway, like everyone else said. XD Wouldn't it be favoring Kanto starter Pok?mon over all others if he did have a Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle as his permanent partner? Bulbasaur wouldn't be able to stay and keep the grass Pok?mon at Oak's laboratory at peace, Squirtle wouldn't be able to help the.. Whatever team it's in that fights fire. xx;

Yeah, he was gonna start with a Clefairy, I heard. It would've been cute, yes, but I don't see how it'd work. I think they gave up the idea because the producers thought it'd make Ash a sissy. (For lack of a better word. ><")

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't think it really matters because they made it clear that he won't be using any 1st or 2nd Edition Pokemon any more.

They were going to give him a Clefairy because they were originally going to take the story in a bit of a different direction than they are now, but they finally decided to go with Pikachu. I for one would have gone with that, or Eevee (the whole open-endedness).

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Let's think of the effect that any of the choices would have had on his actual Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle:

Ash chooses Bulbasaur--his actual Bulbasaur lives a peaceful life defending the secret garden from outsiders.

Ash chooses Charmander--his actual Charmander dies in a rainstorm and is consumed by Spearows.

Ash chooses Squirtle--his actual Squirtle continues to wreak havoc with the Squirtle Squad, is eventually caught by the authorities, and is put down to protect the citizenry.

So, Bulbasaur is the only safe choice for the pokemon o_o;

Now, for Ash:

Bulbasaur--Ash has strength against Brock and Misty, can survive Lt. Surge, and will have enough pokemon to survive by the time he gets to Sabrina.

Charmander--Ash loses at Brock and ends his quest.

Squirtle--Ash beats Brock, vs. Misty is up in the air, and definitely loses against Lt. Surge and his quest ends.

So, basically, Bulbasaur > Squirtle > Charmander > all other pokemon > Pikachu.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    yeah ive gotta agree Pikachu was the best choice, i didnt know about the clefairy thing, I read that it was always gonna be Pika, but if not it would be Evee and gary had a Piikachu instead

but it was good making him catch,well, uuuum, have all the starters FOLLOW him along, LOL

except that in johto has been the only time he hasnt caught all 3! LOL

Years
    I have voted no. Pikachu may have been the only pick but it would have been the best one anyway. Besides, Pikachu is preety strong and cute. Most of us fans have gotten used to it as Ash's first Pokemon anyway ^^;;

Kairyuu

Dragonite Trainer
    Years
    well then he wouldnt have some of those adventures meating the 3 starters and i dont thing the 3 pokemons final form would fit on ash's shoulder lol so i must go with pikachu

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I vote no for all of the reasons stated earlier. I think that my case has been laid out already.

God Of Water

Pokemon Master Of Water
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    That was the original plan before Pikachu was decided on to be the main choice.

As for if things would have been better, I'd say not. He got all three starters either way. o_O
    The Original Plan Was Either Pikachu Or Jigglypuff.
    The Creator Asked Which Was Better And Pikachu Won.
    But Back On The Topic The Anime Would Seem A Bit Weird If Ash Had A Jigglypuff.

Back