• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think it's easier to lose or gain weight?

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I definitely think it's harder to lose. Being a smaller guy I was always trying to gain weight, and this past year I put on a good 15lbs, but now that I'm at my goal I realize it's a little bit too much. So I've been working on losing just 5lbs and in doing so I recognized just how much I eat and how hard it is to limit myself. After a month of trying to lose the weight I've gained another pound. Before this I always thought bigger people were just lazy but I can sympathize a bit now.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, neither. I lose weight fairly easily if I don't work out enough, but once I start working out again, it comes back really fast.

I suppose that's all based on muscle, but I don't really have any fat to lose in the first place. lol

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Everyone is different, so there can never really be no definite answer. On the whole, it's easier to gain weight than to lose weight, but as for me... It's easier to lose weight. I just don't eat much and do exercise on a regular basis, and sure enough, I lose whatever weight I had.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Everyone's different. Nobody gains or loses weight at the same rate. However, I also think that if a person is trying to lose weight but struggling, it should not be held against them simply due to the fact that they are putting forth an honest effort.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    If you're in a first world country, it's easier to gain weight.

3500 calories = ~1 lb
    1 chicken sandwich = ~260 calories
    45 minute walk = ~251 calories

So if you think eating a sandwich is easier than a 45 minute walk. :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I find it easier for me to gain weight than to lose it because of what I eat, usually meats or rice. But then again, it depends on the person.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Speaking as someone who used to be incredibly overweight, it's definitely harder to lose than to gain. The getting fat was easy, fixing it was hard.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Speaking as someone who used to be incredibly overweight, it's definitely harder to lose than to gain. The getting fat was easy, fixing it was hard.

I agree. I was a tad overweight --took me 3 years to get where I am at the moment. It was very difficult and arduous. Now, I'm wanting to gain a little muscle weight.

Years
    Wow, what an obvious question.

But really, losing weight shouldn't be a problem if you're usually healthy. Building a proper menu + exercise should do the trick.

I guess my mind contradicting itself is quite useful in this.. Whenever I exercise I'm like: I'm too lazy to walk.. I'm gonna run. (When I head back home)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    It depends on the person, for me it goes both ways. For some odd reason, I eat a lot and I stay at around 110-112 pounds but I am athletic so that could be the reason and I also have a very fast metabolism

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Harder to lose. It's pretty hard for me to gain weight, but it takes more effort and time for me to lose weight.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    It depends who you are. But I'm gonna say it's easier to gain weight (you just eat as much as you want) unless you have some condition or whatever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    For me, it's hard to do either... despite my unhealthy diet, I've remained within 10 pounds of the same weight for almost ten years.

If TV is any indication, losing weight in general is more difficult... there aren't very many weight-gain products being advertised out there...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Both tbh. Really, I've been at basically the same weight for ages. I eat pretty much every hour that I'm awake, eat sweets, chocolate, etc, and yet I don't put on any weight, I don't lose any weight if I don't eat much. /always been skinny

Idk I have an awesome metabolism. :x

Back