• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Pokemon have souls?*If they existed*

Do you think Pokemon have souls?

• Yes

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I have no idea...

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    The title explains it all. If Pokemon existed in the real world, would you believe they have souls?

*This question may have a religious pretense to it, so please do not flame other people's beliefs*

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I'm not a religious person, so I don't think so. But if we were to assume that souls do exist, what then of pokémon like Porygon? Castform?

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    I believe they would. For example in that episode in DP where Ash and crew go to a Cafe and this girl Autumn or something needs her Miltank to listen to her. o.O He sure doesn't like Autumn. If they have emoticons, they have a soul. And besides, how can they live without one? Exception to Ghost types. :P

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Why wouldn't they have souls? Animals have souls, and Pokemon are mostly based off of animals. Not to mention I've seen Pokemon hesitate to battle their friends.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I think they would have souls. they should stand equally with their trainers, so having something equal to our meaning of soul would make sense.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm animistic, so yes. As far as I'm concerned, even a stone has a 'soul' (so that answers your Porygon question, transcender).

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Some of these replies make very intresting points. I personally believe Pokemon do have souls. One of the greatest examples of this is during the first movie when all the Pokemon started crying when Ash was turned to stone. Even Mewtwo cried, and he was artificially created.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, seeing as we've never actually seen a Pokémon die (excluding a few select ones from movies), I see no reason as to why a Pokémon would need a soul if it was immortal, so no.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, because in Fr & Lg they had a Marowak dieing and its soul wanders away or w/e. lol

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, because in Fr & Lg they had a Marowak dieing and its soul wanders away or w/e. lol

There you go. Pokemon have souls, and thats why there is marowak. well, maybe excluding a few pokemon. Gastly, mewtwo, and porygon for example, you cannot give a man-made object a soul, and a soul cannot have a soul.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Everything Living has a soul...I think..But since I'm a Squirtle. I know that I indeed have a soul. There. You heard it from a REAL Pokémon. The End.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I guess... I mean if humans do then I suppose pokemon can...
    Though I don't really thing we do...

Back