• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think scarlet and violet going to be bad?

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
  • Based on what I've seen of the trailers and announcements and stuff, I think they're gonna be great games! It seems like they're trying to listen to the fans, like with auto battling and different story paths.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know if any pokemon game is 'bad'. The only ones that were 'bad' were BDSP mostly because they completely threw out what was fixed in Platinum and it was just a complete copy and paste for double the price. Sword and Shield has been said to be bad, but it is one of the most selling games. It has surpassed every pokemon game except Red, Blue, and Green.

So no, I don't think it will be bad at all. I think it will surpass Sword and Shield. And that is before the DLC that we will likely get.

CZL

Years
  • i don't think theyre going to be particularly worse than any other pokemon game, legends arceus was really fun so this one probably will be too. but i reaaalllly dislike the art direction this gen and the designs and world are mostly what i like pokemon for.. sooo....

Years
  • I think they are going to be great! Honestly, it is the most excited I have been for a game since ORAS and I think they will breathe a lot of life into the franchise. Can't wait to run around and battle with my buddies, farm items for TMs (love me a good item grind BABYYYYYYY), and get into the new competitive scene!

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • The pattern with Pokemon games usually goes that the first released for a console isn't as good and then the second release blows it out of the water, so I have high hopes for these games especially after how well they did with PLA.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • The pattern with Pokemon games usually goes that the first released for a console isn't as good and then the second release blows it out of the water, so I have high hopes for these games especially after how well they did with PLA.

I strongly believe that they're going to do great with this title. 😊

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Well, after the leaks, I gotta say...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Based on what I've seen I can't justify paying 60 dollars for it. The glitches, the landscape compared to games from 15 years ago is pretty barron. I think they are releasing generations too fast, clearly 2 years is not enough time for the development team to make a respectable product.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Based on what I've seen I can't justify paying 60 dollars for it. The glitches, the landscape compared to games from 15 years ago is pretty barron. I think they are releasing generations too fast, clearly 2 years is not enough time for the development team to make a respectable product.

These games came three years after generation 8 though. They release new mainline games practically every three years. It's always been that way. No game is perfect. Every game has its glitches and graphics can't please everybody, but I would definitely say that a new generation is worth the money for sure.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    From what I've seen all the textures are just not pleasing to look at. The textures of the ground, rocks etc. And the Pokemon sprites are too small as well. Theres no shiny sparkle so you have to run up to a tiny Pokemon and know what the shiny looks up beforehand to know if its shiny. I don't really care about story though I did watch a streamer and the storyline is good. I'm not a huge fan of over half the new Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Back