• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode?

Years
  • Just curious if you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode. Also, when do you think that it will be?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    My guess is no, but it would depend on whether or not the Japanese production company does something special in the 1,000th episode. My guess is that would be a clip show though.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • My guess is no, but it would depend on whether or not the Japanese production company does something special in the 1,000th episode. My guess is that would be a clip show though.

They do anniversaries.

Japan animation don't care much for 'episode number's, it's another episode to them. It's Western shows that care more about number of episodes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I feel they personally won't do anything special since that's usually the case with milestone episodes. The writers don't usually seem to care about episode count anyway.

pkmin3033

Maybe they'll make a good episode for a change? /shot

OK, in all seriousness, I doubt the 1000th will be anything special...milestone episodes have never been a thing with Pokemon, no? I highly doubt the series will end or anything, so it'll probably just keep on going...and going...and going...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • If I recall, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V used a special opening to celebrate the YGO franchise's 777th episode, which included clips and visuals from all of its predecessor series. The song was still the same as usual though, haha.

I suppose Pokémon COULD do something simple like that for its 1000th episode, but then again, the overall episode count seems pretty bewildering if we consider all of the special/cancelled episodes, and I don't even know if there's an official numbering (or even a universally accepted consensus) that accounts for each series in the entire franchise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the current titles being know and coming out next week, making it episode 964, we have 36 episodes till 1000.... and about 40 weeks, giving them about 4 weeks of breaks which they usually take during August and September.

Putting us in about November - January. There might be a celebration episode. With there being so many filler in SM right now, I could easily see us getting a Christmas or New Year's Special for the 1000th episode. Maybe not that directly, but I can see them making it something similar. It would also mark the end of Season 1. So I can see them bringing in past character perhaps for an episode.

For the most part, I don't think we will get anything really really special like other shows may do.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • They do anniversaries.

Japan animation don't care much for 'episode number's, it's another episode to them. It's Western shows that care more about number of episodes.

I mean it depends. 1000 is a big number, and not many have reached that far. I know Detective Conan is going to do something for the 1000th episode. Naruto never reached it, unless they do something with Boruto(?). They're all popular with western audiences so I'd say Pokemon has a chance. I don't even want to count Dragon ball up.

I don't see Pokemon doing something too special though. Maybe a old character cameo or two, or a clip show.

Back