• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Think You Have Mean Parents?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't know if it's a world wide expression, but we have something called Curling-parents. That means parents who cares way too much about their children and spoil them and "sweep" the way clean for them their whole life. And then we have a term called Rugby-parents. That's the opposite. Not meaning they are downright mean to the kids, but they don't do anything to help them in their way up in life.

I've got a couple of Rugby-parents. I'm don't want to go explaining the details, but it's not really nice to live with them all the time. I want to move out, as soon as me and a friend have enough money.

Guess I should be glad I don't have really "mean" parents. They do care about me at some level at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Their the worst parents in the world? No, the worst parents in the world spit on their child and tell them their nothing every day of their life and crush their spirit until there's nothing left. Not that my parents are like that...

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    My dad just one day randomly left the family and went to another country where is currently. He's having an affair with his brother's wife and his brother is egging them on because my dad spoils them.

To give you an idea, my computer just broke and I don't have a cell phone. My dad bought his nephew a brand new computer and a Sony Ericsson. He also bought them THREE HOUSES by taking out a second mortgage.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Not mean... just well... there was a family gathering a few months ago, my mom was talking to one of my younger cousins, she's about 12-13. For some reason they were talking about boys, and she said "Oh no, I don't like boys yet." Which is typical for someone to say at her age.

Then my my mom said loudly: "Well that's okay, Nathaniel doesn't like girls either!"

O_O

Yeah, and everyone there heard that. Btw, I do like girls, and I had a girlfriend a while ago, but that's a different story. I just don't tell my mom about things like that. At least it was family, but still...

My mom has played some pranks on me before, but not as harsh as the one in the video.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I do fell sorry for the kid, seeing as he got pranked real badly. It is funny form a side view, but I am with the other that say this is not that bad, there are so many other parents that abuse their children. I don't have the best parents, but you won't hear me winning about them all the time. My mom is a Tri-polar woman who is death in one ear and is not been diagnosed (btw I am not the one who is going to break the new either.) she is also one of those people who is all ways wrong, but is always right, she is also a lazy control freak, in other words, she has me do everything. As for my dad, I haven't seen him in years.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    That sounds pretty funny actually. XD It sounds like something someone would do to a good friend as a practical joke sorta. Maybe those parents had good intentions and people just took it the wrong way. >>;;

-Neko

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    hmm I kind of feel sorry..but I have to admit I laughed a little too ^^

As for the question... no one worry about what I'm going to say =) If you are the worrying type, I'm fine... nothing sinks deeper than my skin for me. Though I suppose that is a bad thing for later life.

hmmm, I don't like to talk about what my parents are like as many people don't understand. I was abused and neglected by my biological parents.. (I'm sure it wasn't there fault as they are both very mentally ill... no one make any jokes about me now XPP) then I was adopted at about 4 years old. I didn't know how to treat people at that age so I was sent to a psychologist who played puppets with me XP Until I knew what to do when people were around. Particularly men... don't ask, its embarassing what I did.

Anyway, so I thought it was really cool to have parents after being in a foster home but then it wasn't so cool when I got to know them. My dad isn't as bad as my mum, I can have a laugh with him as long as I'm careful with what I say. But my mum... I try to please her with everything I do, I don't do a thing wrong. I do the housework...and I help out in the house and don't get pocket money for doing so. I don't get into trouble.. I've never argued back or thrown tantrums like teenagers are notorious for doing but.. my mum has something very wrong with her. Whenever she is around me... she just starts moaning about petty things..then she starts shouting.. and verbal abuse etc. And I don't do anything...but stand/sit there and listen.
    She is a control freak. She does things that make me feel pretty sad and alone. I know my parents hate me because of the way they treat me. I don't quite understand why. When they adopted my brother (it was basically when he was born they did)..well, they treat him fine and are really good parents to him. Its so confusing for me as I don't understand how they can be completely different people with one person. And why me.. I'll never know. I'll just be glad to get away from them. I don't particularly care that they don't like me.. I've never really formed attachments with parents BUT sometimes it still gets me down because it feels like I've never had any parental love.

ANYWAY enough whining. I do enough of that in my blog but yes that is the long answer to whether my parents are mean or not. They are great parents to my brother... but not to me. Even more interestingly.. my brother is blood related to me, the son of the guy who abused me and my brother isn't particularly nice. My mum LETS him hit me and throw me down the stairs. And then tells me off for aggravating him... yeh I know, it confuses me too!

=) I'm quite a happy person, I don't let my whole 'family' life get me down because I don't like to feel defeated SO SQQQQQQWWWWEEEEEEEEE!

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Horrible!!!!!!
    I have mean parents. Dad is kinda good but mom.......she even turns angry when someone asks to buy chips or a toffee. I only have to earn something to get, you guys can have whatever you want. My mom's really mean. I have to get 85%+ to get a PSP, of course, I got it. Because DAD agreed but MOM did not. the only thing shw cares about is stupid fashion and furniture.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Horrible!!!!!!
    I have mean parents. Dad is kinda good but mom.......she even turns angry when someone asks to buy chips or a toffee. I only have to earn something to get, you guys can have whatever you want. My mom's really mean. I have to get 85%+ to get a PSP, of course, I got it. Because DAD agreed but MOM did not. the only thing shw cares about is stupid fashion and furniture.

Though there IS a difference between being mean and being strict...-__-;;;

-Neko

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    THIS is the worst parent in the world, they are angels compared to him... So next time you think you hate your dad because he didn't get you a PS3 for xmas, look at this guy

Do You Think You Have Mean Parents?
    https://www.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/285x214/43387_1.jpg

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    I would thank my parents for not getting me an Xbox 360! Then again, they know that I would never want one so I wouldn't have this problem.

Yeah, they're nice and easy to talk to.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    He imprisoned his biological daughter for 24 years, raping her, she had his 7 children...

Yeah, that is the worst parent for sure, at least most parents to rape their children.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    No, I don't have mean parents
    They pretty much let me do what i want(not if its something bad of course)
    They let me go out when i want
    There sometimes bossy though
    And they rarely ground me

And they exaggerated the "Worst parents in the world" thing
    There are kids getting physically, sexually, and verbally abused daily.
    Aren't those parents worse than those who tricked a kid into believing that they got him a Xbox 360??
    Although it was pretty mean especially since kids now a days really want those kind of electronics. I don't think those parent really know how much kids want those stuffs since they didn't grow up with those stuff.

Years
    No, but sometimes I think that my irresponsible sister gets A LOT more than she deserves. I respect my parents and they have trust in me, but not her, yet... she still gets what she wants >>

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Wow that would suck. I have an XBOX 360 and PS3 and Wii and they're great but i feel sad for this kid. His parents are gay. My parents are hell nice. Especially my dad.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    He imprisoned his biological daughter for 24 years, raping her, she had his 7 children...

I heard about that case just the other night on TV. Even looking at that monster makes me feel sick. Whoever says that the Xbox kid has the worst parents ever has obviously not heard of these atrocities. Seriously, people... It's only an Xbox...

Back