• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you turn the music on or off when you play Pokémon games?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I usually use Headphones and PUMP IT UP TO THE MAX! (Quote from James O-o)
    I love the music. From Pallet Town to the Elite Four, The music is always awsome!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I lose motivation REALLY quickly if the music is not there to engage me--it's like exercise. Rididng a stationary bike becomes fun with an mp3 player, so video games are fun and lose monotony with bg music. I don't consider a track repetative unless it loops every twenty seconds or so (the MMBN indoors one loops every four seconds or something...it's hard to notice).
    Plus, you gotta love Route 120, Meteor Falls, Eterna Forest, Bug Catching Contest, GSC Gym, etc...it makes use of another of our senses that should be immersing us in the game. I can only hope that we won't start smelling burnt marshmellows whenever using Flamethrower next gen or so xD...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yea, sometimes I even listen to the music when I don't want to be heard. lol

Usually the game's music is pretty good so I like getting into it.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Only during the E4, otherwise... Heck YES it's off!

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    I might have the music on at first, but it becomes annoying after a while and then I'll turn it off. I'll listen to other music instead while I play.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    I listen to it on occasion, the game does have some good electronica tunes... but usually I turn it off and play either quiet or playing my death metal... >.>

pokemon is always best when listening to death metal... rofl

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I always listen to the music unless I am going out somewhere and the music is on and I can't hear my game music...or if everyone is sleeping and I cant wake them up I have to turn it off....lol

Empoleon_26

Brendan fan!That's my name too
    Years
    Sometimes.

Sometimes I leave the music on for like when batteling legendary pokemon,or gym battles but usually I listen to my mp3 player.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    i have it playing except through all the annoying music which keeps repeating and gets stuck in your head >=(

Not necciserialy (Blurgh i can't spell today) a bad thing but you know it does get repetitive

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I will listen to it sometimes. More likely when I am alone, as the music can annoy others if they are watching Tv or something. If i do listen to it, its pretty low. I mostly just get my ipod.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I usually just turn off the sound and start listening to my music on my iPod.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I tend to play my handheld Pokemon game when watching a film or TV show as it provides a distraction. As for a game on a bigger console, I sometimes listen to the music on my PC.

The only in-game music I do listen to is the evolution theme. I still get all excited when Pokemon evolve.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I always listen to the in-game music-unless there's others around I don't want to annoy. The battle music when you encounter a Trainer or wild Pokemon gets a little monotous though...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I used to turn the music off when I played on the Gameboy Colour because it killed the battery quicker. I still turn the music off now when I play.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    When I play the music is always off.... XD

If I didn't play like that I'd go crazy.. Cause honestly I hate the music in the games XD

Back