• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use nicknames on MSN?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nicknaming contacts, that is. I nickname all my contacts since I just usually get annoyed by their display names and it makes them seem neater or something. XD;

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I nickname them by the names I call them by.

Blazaking

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • A while back, I nicknamed almost all my contacts because I couldn't stand all of the useless stuff they put in their names.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It depends on the contact. If they consistently put unreadable stuff in their names, like Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji then yeah...I'll nickname them.

The same holds true if they change their MSN usernames often enough that I'm like "Who the hell are you?" when they IM me randomly. XD

So yeah. I will nickname people within MSN to keep track of who they are.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
    Years
  • Nicknaming contacts, that is. I nickname all my contacts since I just usually get annoyed by their display names and it makes them seem neater or something. XD;

^ This

My friends are too crazy to have sensible names so I just add their name/nickname to make it seem neater and to find them easier

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nah... My personal message is currently "insert emotional teenybopper song quotation here" and a friend, upon noticing it, began to explain that the fact people also put such quotes in their names is the reason he uses nicknames for his contacts.

So anyway, I don't do nicknames however, as I'm not really stuffed (and don't have the sort of personality that would lead me to consort with such persons often); and since sometimes people will talk about the formatting of their name or something, it's easier to see it and go along with the discussion than explain to them that I assign nicknames and for what reason I do so.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Naw, I like to see what names they come up with. I come up with crazy names, but that's me! So if they nickname me I'll be sad. :(

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • When people put random display names and I can't remember who they are just via their email I nickname them, but generally I don't =3

Ayselipera

Yes I nickname them all. I get annoyed from the constant changes and it gets a little confusing after a while. So I just give them the name I most commonly know them for.

Blue Trainer

Do iT FuR TeH LulZ
    Years
  • Nicknaming contacts, that is. I nickname all my contacts since I just usually get annoyed by their display names and it makes them seem neater or something. XD;

QFT - yeah dude I know what you mean...plus I make groups...

:)

o)Friends
    o)My Little Group
    o)Girls
    o)WoW Server Lads
    o)Random Contacts

Heheheh

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I don't nickname them because I remember who they are by their emails.

It's hilarious when you get a name similar to someone else (like I called myself "the doctor" at one point, when my friend always does) and people get confused.

"HEY, ALBERT!"

"I'm not Albert."

"Oh, screw you."

Back