• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you want BW remakes?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Yup but not hoping it happens soon, i mean other fan's and those pundits news like kotaku make rumors that still read hard to confirm so yeah not really hoping much

Years
  • I think Nintendo, not ilca was the reason why bd/sp were made the style it was. But I don't expect the remakes until the next hardware release and I think the remakes of the 5th gen will be the first pokemon release on the next hardware release if they don't do a legends style game for unova.

And I think Nintendo is gonna demand the remakes to be in the same style as the originals.

Years
  • I actually hope the remakes of Black and White will include Ribbons especially the Unova Champion Ribbon and a Ribbon for the Pokemon Musicals, I actually spent alot of time doing the Musicals in Nimbasa City on Black 2 & White 2 they were similar to Contests and it would be nice to see Contests and Musicals merge together in the remakes so we could have Musical Contest Shows.

These are some of the Ribbons I would like to see in the remakes of Black & White

Unova Champion Ribbon - Defeat the Unova Champion
    Musical Star Ribbon - Win all the Musical Categories
    Movie Star Ribbon - Complete all the movies at Pokestar Studios
    World Champion Ribbon - Win all categories at the Pokemon World Tournament
    Subway Superstar Ribbon - Defeat all the Battle Trains at the Battle Subway

I am also dreading facing Cynthia again in Undella Town if BDSP is anything to go by she will be even harder but she will have Braviary & Eelektross on her team

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I would love remakes, if only for the remade soundtrack. Gen 5 is super nostalgic to me and I would get so many goosebumps from hearing the updated music. If they didn't remake both the originals and the sequels I would be quite disappointed. It would be like adapting a book series for a movie and only adapting the first book. It just wouldn't complete the story... Now if GameFreak went with a Legends Arceus style story instead of remakes I would happily take those instead. Granted, as long as they fix the Pokeball grind and add more trainer battles.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Given the fact that BDSP was a failure to a lot of people, I hope we get a full 3d world for BWBW2. I don't know how they will combine the games, but it is something I would love to see. Unova is my favorite generation and the generation that stopped me from losing interest in pokemon during 4th Gen when it was announced. I would hope they would change it up a little bit though and actually explain the giant tree at the center of the region that never got an explanation. And they would have to do something with Dream World.

If they didn't make Unova again, it be the only region without a 3D game. And it was made for 3D in mind. If the 3DS can handle cutscenes like what Detective Pikachu had, they should be able to give Unova justice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Given the fact that BDSP was a failure to a lot of people, I hope we get a full 3d world for BWBW2. I don't know how they will combine the games, but it is something I would love to see. Unova is my favorite generation and the generation that stopped me from losing interest in pokemon during 4th Gen when it was announced. I would hope they would change it up a little bit though and actually explain the giant tree at the center of the region that never got an explanation. And they would have to do something with Dream World.

If they didn't make Unova again, it be the only region without a 3D game. And it was made for 3D in mind. If the 3DS can handle cutscenes like what Detective Pikachu had, they should be able to give Unova justice.

Johto technically never had a 3D game either. And technically it's also next in line for a remake because HGSS came before BW, so Johto is currently the most out of date region.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Johto technically never had a 3D game either. And technically it's also next in line for a remake because HGSS came before BW, so Johto is currently the most out of date region.

That is true. I completely forgot about Johto and don't know why. And yeah there have been rumors for a few years about a new Johto game. I do think BW would be better though given we have seasons and everything in BW which they would probably keep.

Days
  • Not at all. Gen 5 has the most content rich post games and there's zero chance they could do it justice. The art style is also the peak of the series and we all know it'll pale in comparison. And what would they even do about BW2? I can't imagine a possibility where they make a faithful BW remake like ORAS or BDSP tried to be.

It must be ORAS style. BDSP was a joke of a "remaster." Still a solid set of games but nowhere near the quality of ORAS.

Back