• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to see the Pokemon series end?

Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Maybe. I just want them to slow down on adding 200 Pokemon per Generation. 30 or 50 is my limit.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly don't think it'll end hahaha. People were sceptics about a 4th generation once upon a time, when they seemed to run out of ideas and do prevos and more evos for half the pokedex. But nope, now we're reaching gen 7 after 20 years!

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
    Years
    Why do you want it end?

No I don't want the Pokemon franchise end. Keep on making more new pokemons, keep on making more new games and merchandize and many other funny staffs. The world needs them!

BUT, Yes I want the Pokemon anime ended already 17 years ago since the end of Orange Island saga. There exist no good story plot reason to elongate Ash Ketchum's story for so long, other than the meta reason of marketing. I do not understand at all what makes a theoretical rebooted series being "inferior" in its marketing power?

danny_moon

Pikachu
    Years
    How can I want it end while I'm enjoying it a lot. I want to see more improvements instead. Nicer graphics, new ideas, more new Pokemon. This game just reminds me of my childhood and I want it to be my children's childhood. :)

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Nono the Anime is honestly getting better. I don't think it ever sucked except for Best Wishes and maybe I wasn't interested in Gen 3 because of School and studying, but please I want the Anime to continue. I'm enjoying Ash in the Kalos league and I just watched All of Team Rocket's funniest moments and It brought a warmth in my heart. Something I didn't feel since I was a kid.

As for the games. Hell No. Pokemon, and Fire Emblem are the only rpgs games I play anymore. Maybe if they had a God of War 4 but they don't ;-;

Years
    I really don't think it will end for quite some time, it makes Game Freak and Nintendo a lot of money and the majority of fans still really enjoy the games. Plus, GF seem to be finally switching up the formula for the games and taking a different approach to the games.

As for the anime, I haven't really watched past Sinnoh (although I did watch a bit of the Kalos) but everyone seems to be impressed with the new series and a TV show is always a good way to keep the younger fans engaged with the franchise too.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Noppppppe. I mean do I hate how easy the games are? yes but still the new pokes are awesome and the storyline is always intriguing. Alola Exeggutor is basically proof that pokemon is getting better :3

As for the anime although i dont watch every new episode i still would like it to continue to air and everything~ But i kinda want the creators to allow ash to age. But it seems like they are actually hinting at a serenaxash relationship so one step at a time i suppose xD

Years
    I don't think Pokemon will end, because the franchise has been innovating more than it has ever been and it's still a huge money maker of a franchise.

Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I'm curious: why do you think this? I personally think 30-50 is way too few to really enjoy what a generation has to offer for new Pokemon. :o

More thought and care is put into every individual Pokemon rather than pumping out digimon.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
    I doubt Pokemon will ever end, but on the other hand I hope it does. Then, if Nintendo/GF is cool, they might make a definitive game that gives us everything good from the previous games and adds more stuff. But I doubt that'll happen.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    As much as it hurts to say this, I'd like to see Pokemon come to an end.

Don't get me wrong, the games are amazing and the fan-made hacks are even more amazing (I mean seriously, Pokemon Gaia, 10 out of 10). But at the same time, there comes a point where something is so overdone, that it is honestly not as good any more.

As great of a series that Pokemon is, there is just so much wrong with it that the only reason why people still play it is because they are dedicated to the fandom, even if only subconsciously.

1) Pokemon concepts and ideas are literally turning into the most obnoxious of ideas. I mean seriously, Trubbish and Garbodor... trash bags as Pokemon... like, seriously. I mean, it's bad enough that every generation has it's own collection of stupid ideas for Pokemon (Gen 1 Examples: Geodude, Grimer/Muk), but when your ideas resort into turning everyday household objects into Pokemon, then you've clearly ran the game into the ground. I mean, it's bad enough many Pokemon are just a simple idea brought to life, but if you have to really be like "I have a great idea, let's make the Pokemon "Rotom" and instead of being like an actual Pokemon, let's make him/her into a Washing Machine and Lawnmower... cause like, nobody will ever notice, right? I mean, they're all so obsessed with this that they'll still catch it for the sake of catching it."

2) The story never changes. I mean, why is it always "You are some boy/girl from some town/city that fights some evil team and a bunch of gym leaders in order to save the world from some catastrophe (or you want to become a Pokemon Master)". I mean seriously, what about becoming a Pokemon Breeder, or Pokemon Caretaker, or Pokemon Contest Judger or something, I mean, why do we have to become Pokemon Trainers that HAVE to battle anyone that sees us? Why can't we just be something else besides the next "Pokemon Master". I mean seriously, why can't I be some guy maybe trainer Pokemon for beauty contests only or maybe a construction worker training my Machoke for helping build houses for NPCs or something.

Truthfully, I spend more time playing Pokemon spin-offs because they're not the same old song and dance. Like Pokemon Conquest, it's something new. Pokemon Rumble, also something new. Pokemon Snap, although not that exciting, still pretty amazing. I mean, there needs to be more Pokemon games where you're not just another "main character" whom you can rename to whatever you want (Emerald = Brendan / Red = Red / Yellow = Yellow/Ash). Why are there not that many Pokemon games where you don't have to become the next "Champion" or "savior of the world".

Look, in the end, I doubt Pokemon will ever die, they'll just keep making more stupid ideas for Pokemon (next thing you know, we'll have Michael Jackson the Pokemon, or Diaper Pokemon) and people will continue to eat it up because many people are so dedicated to the game, it's difficult for them to say "no".

Like with me, I stopped a long time ago, and sure, I still play ROM hacks, but that's cause many of them are unique in some way, while the original games themselves are just a massive repeat over and over and over and over and over again. At least with a ROM hack, you have some kind of "uniqueness" to it.

So yeah, do I want Pokemon to end? Of course, I'd be happier if it would just STOP, cause catching them all is starting to become IMPOSSIBLE. I mean hell, it took us forever to figure out how to catch Mew back in the day (before people knew the glitch). And then now "legendary pokemon" are no longer legendary anymore, since all it takes is a Masterball (or other Pokeball with high catch chance + status condition) in order to capture Pokemon such as "Arceus" which is according to "lore" the "GOD OF POKEMON". How does one even capture a "God" Pokemon, wouldn't that mean that said Pokemon really isn't as powerful as we make them out to be?

As I said above, Pokemon is an amazing series, but it's becoming obnoxious pretty fast. Every year, another Pokemon game will come out and the game from last year will be old news and you'll have to buy a new Pokemon game just to keep playing with your friends (or strangers) and it's just... nothing but a money grabber these days. Which is why I love hacks, there is no money being grabbed, just a good ol' time waiting for people to complete 720+ hacks (that way I don't have to download that many in order to finally complete the never-ending pokedex!)

Back