• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you write songs?

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I posted this because I love to write music, together with my musical inspirations, well I write country songs, cause that's what I enjoyed listening to.

The thread title says it all, do you write songs? If you do, or maybe not, write down the reason why. You could also post a sample of the songs that you wrote.

I'm gonna post my sample one here. : 3;, It's called Write It Down Before You Kiss Me.

I saw you writing down something.
    I didn't mind because I thought it was nothing.
    Then I sat down in my chair and I draw down a heart.
    You saw it, and you give me some advices and tips to make a beautiful heart.
    I realized that the tips and advices that you gave me is what your heart is made of.

Write It Down Before You Kiss Me.
    Because I might fall, not knowing it.
    I might slap you with my heavy hands and you might get hurt.
    Write It Down Before You Kiss Me. (2x)

The next day, I saw him writing again while singing and playing his guitar.
    I secretly listened to it, and I heard my name in the song!
    And my heart falls in love with the song and he saw me listening to it.
    He was so shocked, sweat too much, and I said It's alright!

Write It Down Before You Kiss Me
    Because I mgiht fall, not knowing it.
    I might slap you with my heavy hands and you might get hurt.
    Write It Down Before You Kiss me.

Then he told me that he loves me.
    I told him back that I like him.
    Then we hug each other..

Write It Down Before You Kiss Me.
    Because I might fall in love, with the song that you wrote down.
    I read it, and It's so romantic and I got crazy!
    So, Write it down before you kiss me.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    I do, i write music for my band and for my own personal acoustic songs i write. I mainly write, to express my thoughts on something, music is just something that helps me escape from everyday life.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It depends what mood i'm in to play what I want, for example,
    Some days I could just play one riff for over 10 minutes, and sometimes I would go over to a solo.
    I've tried putting together a song with just these parts, but I write them in different keys so they don't work D=
    However here is a band project some gals/guys of us do..

We wrote these songs in our band go ahead and listen to them and tell me what you think.. I play bass and you can hardly hear it so *shrugs*
    That's an example of what I and others of us write XD
    [I am aware of the lead guitarist messing up a bit...]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I don't write songs, but I do occasionally compose in something like Modplug... If that counts as anything. :\

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Actually yes. I published one of my first (and worst) here on PC about a year ago. I think it was "Change of Heart". Needless to say, it sucked. Nowadays, I make an attempt, but I hardly feeling like putting it to music, so I just end up with a poem. Though I did have one recent poem "Every rose had its thorns" or Roses for short and my friend said I really should put it to music. :P

Years
    I write many songs. Different styles depending on who I'm playing with. Like I play in two different bands, one as the guitarist and vocalist and the other I play bass, and occasionally drums depending on the song. They're different genre bands, so I write different stuff for each. There's other songs which fit neither band so I just write and record all the parts myself. All up there would probably be between twenty and thirty complete songs, although some of the songs I co-wrote.

I'm not really comfortable with posting lyrics here.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Yepp, I write songs, since my big dream in life is to be in a band, as a guitarist and maybe a singer. Depending on my mood, though it's usually angry because I'm never too happy or too sad to write anything down, so I've got a huge collection of violent and angry songs :3; But I've never actually composed MUSIC for my lyrics, only a few.

I've only begun writing lyrics for about a year now, so I'm not that practised, but I think I've written about 200 pages so far, so I'm getting the hang of it. xD; But I like writing songs ahead of time before anyone tells you to, because I hate doing requests or anything rushed.. >_>

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I write songs, not very good ones, but I write songs. Last year, I began posting lyrics for some songs I wrote, but they weren't very good, so I stopped. I've always been shy in this one particular subject. While my friends are writing rap sheets, I'll be busily composing poems about nature, love, etc. Once they found out, surprisingly, they commented that I was really good and I should write some more. After that, I wrote two more poems but never got the spirit to really try my best in one.

Eh, I'll probably get out of my slump now. Hm, the Poem of the Week looks cool~

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    As the bassist, occasional keyboardist and bulk songwriter for my band, I do write songs. A lot of our music is quite instrumental but lyrics are as always very important. The themes of my lyrics are Love, Loss, Euphoria,War, Religion, Inequality, Enviroscepticism and Politics... so all the fun ones!

I'm not going to post a link, purely for security reasons, but we play mostly Alternative Rock with elements of Progressive and Symphonic Rock. Vocally, we sound a lot like a weird fusion of The Smashing Pumpkins, Martin Grech, Placebo and the Manic Street Preachers. Our riffs etc. are somewhat similar to Muse, Kingston Wall and Pure Reason Revolution. We also occasionally do covers when playing live but "Back In The USSR" by The Beatles seems to have become our "signature song" ever since we put it on one of our demos and we always play it live. Our version of it though is much rockier and bass heavy. Think The Beatles fused with "2112" by Rush and "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse and thats what it sounds like!

Last edited:

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I love writing music in pretty much any fashion. I love writing my own songs on guitar and building them up or, and especially, writing them with a band. Nothing is as inspiring as building something beautiful with a bunch of other people. I even take time to try and write electronic/techno songs.

The Cynic

Years
    nope i don't like to write songs

Then why did you post here? Maybe Chibi-Chan wouldn't mind removing that post?

What jasonresno said is true for me also. As well as a form of expression, or a voice for political/religious views, music is about enjoying the construction of something wonderful.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I write songs, I'm currently working on a mellow sort of love/heartbreak song for the Love Jam on friday. (Friday Lunch Jam is an open mic "venue" my school has every friday, and the Love Jam is for valentines.)

I'll post the hook for you guys<3

She's hurt, she's all alone,
    She has nobody to call her own,
    And the world's such a big place for a girl
    To walk alone.

Once it's all finished I'll put it in my poetry thread, if you're interested in it.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    I've written two raps, and one nu metal song.

Granted I can't play guitar because of a broken finger. can't reach some notes..

But I write lyrics all the time.

The Cynic

Years
    I write songs, I'm currently working on a mellow sort of love/heartbreak song for the Love Jam on friday. (Friday Lunch Jam is an open mic "venue" my school has every friday, and the Love Jam is for valentines.)

I'll post the hook for you guys<3

Once it's all finished I'll put it in my poetry thread, if you're interested in it.

That Lunch Jam idea sounds great! Back when I was in High School all we got was kicked out the Music Dept. for making too much noise when we practised...

Seriously though, our instruments were plugged into headphones... no one could hear us!

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I have before. I'm actually working on something now, but it's rough doing everything yourself. I don't write lyrics though, I figure if I can get something good down instrumentally, and I find likeminded musicians later on, lyrics can be added.

Man, this area sucks for people who are into bands that actually are good at playing their instruments.

The Cynic

Years
    I have before. I'm actually working on something now, but it's rough doing everything yourself. I don't write lyrics though, I figure if I can get something good down instrumentally, and I find likeminded musicians later on, lyrics can be added.

Man, this area sucks for people who are into bands that actually are good at playing their instruments.

??? What do you mean by that??? (I don't mean it in a "you're offending me" way, I mean it in the very literal sense).

I'm pretty sure the bands I like can play their instruments very well. My favourite band and biggest musical influence is Muse. Here are a few videos of their frontman Matthew Bellamy in action:

- On guitar -
    - On piano -

I think that proves withour a doubt that the bands I like are certainly very good at playing their instruments.

Back