• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you play pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Most of these I understand. Some of my close friends used to know but I am not sure if they think I still play.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • None of my current friends have played pokemon for a very long time (as far as I know) if they did I would be happy to play with them, but generally it's looked down upon so I don't tell most people. Most of my closest friends know, as well as anyone who sees my playing my DS during Pre-Calculus. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    None of my current friends have played pokemon for a very long time (as far as I know) if they did I would be happy to play with them, but generally it's looked down upon so I don't tell most people. Most of my closest friends know, as well as anyone who sees my playing my DS during Pre-Calculus. :P
    I am with you there only a couple of my closest friends know though.

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
  • My boyfriend plays pokemon, infact he's the one that I credit with getting me back into it. We also have a handful of close friends who plays it as well, most of which we convinced into buying. When I think about it I believe there are at least 7 friends who play or have played pokemon recently.

Amethyst_^.~

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Do your friends know you play Pokemon?

Some do, others don't. I'm the only Pokemon fan, but that's what makes me special in my group! :D

My friends think Pokemon is for little kids or something, but they're WRONG!

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Maybe only 5 of my friends know. It sad that i have to keep it a secret even though i dont have to. I guess you can say Im worried if i told someone "bad" it will ruin my rep. And i feel bad about that.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I keep it at a secret because my friends don't like pokemon anymore and they would think i'm stupid... One friend know, he doesn't care because he play some "children games" too. One on my class likes pokemon and talk about it on our school and that's why anybody hates him...

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • People know I like pokemon. I won't walk up to a random person and say "hello mister, I love pokemon!!!" but if it comes up in a conversation with a friend or something, I'll tell them, and most of them don't care. A few of them made fun of me but I just ignore them.

xLilith

is here. Sheesh.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Well, yeah, they do. It doesn't bother them one bit too XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    None of my friends know that I play Pokémon. I used to play with a couple old buddies, but I haven't seen them in like forever. I was even thinking about bringing my DS to school today and playing Diamond on the bus, but I knew I people would laugh at me, so I didn't. :cer_shifty:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • None of my friends know that I play Pokémon. I used to play with a couple old buddies, but I haven't seen them in like forever. I was even thinking about bringing my DS to school today and playing Diamond on the bus, but I knew I people would laugh at me, so I didn't. :cer_shifty:
    We have a game club at our school, one of the teachers is a serious gamer so she started it. It's every lunch, and half the people there play Pokemon and don't have to hide it because everyone else does. At least everyone in that room lol.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • None know except for a few at another school. The good thing about going to a high school only a few of your former classmates are going to is that you're on a clean slate. Bad news? You're treated like an outcast.

I, quite frankly, am in no mood to make it worse. The only person I know that openly likes Pokemon is a geek that everyone makes fun of. The only people that know I still play is my family, and they tease me, but in a good way ^^

Don't get me wrong, I will not bash Pokemon with the rest of my classmates when the subject comes up. I'll just walk away or stay quiet.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
  • Quite a few of my friends play Pokemon. Some of them are hardcore 1st Gen fans however. I think there are only two or three of us that are familiar with all 4. Some thing that just happened though; everyone in my high school basically looked for their old school game boys and games and are now playing it in the halls and in classes. The teachers aren't sure what to do because the technology is pretty outdated. It's hilarious.

:t201-s::t201-k::t201-y::t201-t::t201-h::t201-u::t201-r:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I think only one of my friends know that I play pokemon, she likes pokemon too..but the my other friends even my closest friends doesn't liked it, they'll just think that I'm a bit off with pokemon and stuff and think that, I'm a bit childish, so I just keep it as secret to them that I play pokemon...

axelion80

Darkness Assassin...
    Years
  • some of my friends know it, coz' they liked Pokemon too
    (I've created a clan or I should say community which contains of my friends who likes pokemon)
    well, it doesn't matter who likes pokemon or not...

Years
  • Uh, they do know, but they don't make a big deal of it. If people have a problem with it, it's theirs to deal with. I mean, you can't wear a shirt that says "I play pokemon" when you're 16, but if people find out, they don't seem to care.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Uh, they do know, but they don't make a big deal of it. If people have a problem with it, it's theirs to deal with. I mean, you can't wear a shirt that says "I play pokemon" when you're 16, but if people find out, they don't seem to care.

haha. true. i wouldnt wear a shirt like that. but thats only because if i told my friends that, they would hold it above my head.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    only to people i know can keep a secret and won't care. I told this one girl(by the way, I'm in grade 10) and she asked if she culd have my darkrai

Back