• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
  • Hii ^^ I love Doctor Who, and I just watched The End Of Time - Part 2 on BBC One, where David Tennant left... it was heartbreaking ;_; But it was just 100% brilliant, but I'm still sad that DT's leaving... :(

For those who have seen it, what do you think? I don't know if American audiences have seen it yet, if you have, what do you think? If not, it's absolutely brilliant, you're in for a treat ;)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Ahmgahd yay another DW thread =D=D=D
    I really really liked the latest episode, it really broke my heart..;;
    However I like the look of the new Doctor..

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    End of Time was brilliant, one of the best (double) episodes so far. I loved how utterly insane The Master was in these 2 episodes, he is one of my favourite villains and John Simm played him brilliantly. Not sure how Mat Smith'll do as The Doctor though, I loved David Tennant. I think he looks good so far, but my sister, of all the things to worry about, already doesn't like him due to the clothes he's going to wear.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It's not about how he looks it's about how he acts =D
    John Simm was an excellent Master.. I especially liked it how Teh Mater "saved" Teh Doctor =D

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Loved the ending. Did drag a little when he went to see everyone but the last line was epic.

Even though I am from same place as Matt Smith... I just don't think he will be good, it is mainly down to how he looks though. When it swapped from David Tennant to Matt Smith my mum and sister where both saying how ugly he looked.

He has a lot to live up to which doesn't help him that much.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • That's the thing: lot's of people expect Matt Smith to be another David Tennant, when I think he should just make his Doctor like himself. Also, who cares how he looks; he's over 900 years old for Christ's sake ¬¬

:D

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I agree that Matt Smith acted a lot like David Tennant after the regeneration, but I don't think he'll be like that in the actual series. I think that the writer just wanted kids who haven't seen a regeneration before to know that The Doctor is still The Doctor even though he changed, so he gave him similar lines to Tennant.

And I personally think that Matt Smith is kind of cute. When he smiles, he looks a bit like my big brother. Not that I find my big brother cute.

Years
  • "This new Doctor won't be as good as the old Doctor." That's what I said when David Tennant first showed up. I don't like the look of this new Doctor and I don't think he'll do as good a job, but I'm willing to be proven wrong again and I hope I will be.

And Mickey and Martha... what?

Years
  • "This new Doctor won't be as good as the old Doctor." That's what I said when David Tennant first showed up.

^

Give Matt a chance, guys. And anyway, STEVEN MOFFAT IS GOING TO BE HEAD WRITER. NO MORE CRAPPY DAVIES.

So even if Matt isn't excellent, the stories are bound to,

The Weeping Angels are back~

The End Of Time Pt. 1 wasn't amazing, but Pt. 2... wow.

Also, there was a /tiny/ voice in my head saying that it was going to be one of the allies that knock four times, and I swear, making Wilf do the knocking was genius.

I heard on a website that one of the episodes in Series V will go like this:
    Spoiler:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    ... IF that is true, would make a bit of sense... If it was the other way around, may make sense too. For a while.

Anyway, I love Matt Smith's incarnation so far. He is adding new life to the show, it seemed... Well, David Tennant is past it. The joy of Doctor Who is new Doctor, new Style. Not for you yet? Wait for the next one. As the incarnations rarely make any HUGE impact story wise to each other, it is easy. That is, if you really hate one of them so much, and are willing to do so...

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I heard on a website that one of the episodes in Series V will go like this:
    Spoiler:

There was going to be a Doctor Who comic with a story like that, but it got cancelled. Maybe they decided not to release it because they thought it would work better as a TV episode?

The Amazon product description said:

Spoiler:

The comic was going to be set in World War I, but maybe they changed it to World War II because audiences are probably more familiar with that.

Years
  • Didn't like Part One much at all - it bordered on ludicrous in places (resurrection ritual, spinning heads, Simm's ENDLESS LAUGH) - but Part Two was a lot better. I look forward to Smith's Doctor.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Wait wait wait. Churchill using Daleks against the Nazis? Oh, what irony...

So Daleks won the war for us, not the geniuses at Bletchley Park. How wonderful.

I want to know whether the Weeping Angels will be a two-parter. I can't even stand one episode with them in, let alone two!

I also want to know if the Ood reappear. They must, I tell you! They must! D=

xX

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Nononono, I meant about the end of the Tennant. D=
    The specials just aired, what did you expect?

Anyway, I have faith in Matt Smith. If Moffat chose him despite reservations about casting a young Doctor, then he must be doing something right. Plus the trailer looked fantastic. And frankly, I hate to be rude, but the idea that he might not be good because people don't find him attractive is nothing short of laughable- c'mon, out of the original seven Doctors, how many of them were really attractive? Davison and maybe Colin Baker. And I don't think Tom Baker was on for seven years because of his looks- it's the talent that matters, and he had loads of that. As did every other Doctor. There hasn't been a bad casting choice yet, and I doubt there will be one now.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I didn't like the End of Time that much, for the final story of a brilliant doctor it really wasn't as good as it could have been. On the other hand, the acting was brilliant, John Simms was completely insane and The Doctor appearing to be more cautious was subtle but genius. I felt Rasilon was a bit over the top though.

On Matt Smith, i'm looking forward to it, its unfair to judge from just a few lines, i'm looking forward to what kind of doctor he will be, hopefully different to David Tennant. Steven Moffet has written some of the best episodes of the last four series and I think he will do well as a show-runner. The Churchill thing, rumour or not, sounds fantastic, and im loving the weeping angels, but wouldn't it be difficult to do something different and original with them?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Anyway, I have faith in Matt Smith. If Moffat chose him despite reservations about casting a young Doctor, then he must be doing something right. Plus the trailer looked fantastic. And frankly, I hate to be rude, but the idea that he might not be good because people don't find him attractive is nothing short of laughable- c'mon, out of the original seven Doctors, how many of them were really attractive? Davison and maybe Colin Baker. And I don't think Tom Baker was on for seven years because of his looks- it's the talent that matters, and he had loads of that. As did every other Doctor. There hasn't been a bad casting choice yet, and I doubt there will be one now.
    I don't like how everyone doesn't like Matt Smith, I think he's going to be a great Doctor =3 [I may have jinxed that...]
    Btw Dominius nice rant ;D

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I don't like how everyone doesn't like Matt Smith, I think he's going to be a great Doctor =3 [I may have jinxed that...]
    Btw Dominius nice rant ;D
    D'aww, thanks. Hee, I haven't even started to really rant yet (and don't intend to). I've been holding back when it comes to the new Doctor topic since I figure everyone knocking on him will likely end up eating their words anyway.

Smith seems fairly well-acclaimed for an actor of his age, and certainly other actors seem to respect him- I was reading Doctor Who Magazine the other day and Lindsay Duncan spoke very highly of him. Personally, I'm feeling like he's going to be kinda like the Fifth Doctor- a fairly young guy taking over from a really popular Doctor who helped define the character and the show, but will shine through in his own way. Moffat's said Eleven is going to be quieter than his predecessor too. So... yeah.

Actually, one thing did bug me about his first scene, and that was his voice cracking- then I realized Eleven's still trying to talk as if he's Ten, and Smith's got a lower voice than Tennant, so of course his voice would crack. Happy moment when I realized that.

Back