• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anime teach bad morals to girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Do you think that anime teaches bad morals to girls? I think that maybe it does.

On a lot of websites which I have been to, I see that there are girls who have pictures of highly suggestive-looking anime women in their online signatures. Often these girls are as young as ten or eleven, and yet their signatures contain pictures of anime women who are wearing maid outfits or collars and have a "come hither" look on their face, looking utterly subservient. These poor girls have been taught by anime that a woman's role in life is to be subservient and weak, which is of course not true.

I think that anime has a negative influence on young girls. Do you agree?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • That's like rating the entire Animation industry based on He is my Master...

You know, not all Anime is a maid/loli thing...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I definitely think it does. It teaches young girls to argue for hours on end over which male character or yaoi relationship is the superior and "more canon".

God, I hate fangirls.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Parent, friends, teachers, and other media are going to have more influence on girls (or anyone for that matter) than anime.

Years
  • Do you think that anime teaches bad morals to girls? I think that maybe it does.

On a lot of websites which I have been to, I see that there are girls who have pictures of highly suggestive-looking anime women in their online signatures. Often these girls are as young as ten or eleven, and yet their signatures contain pictures of anime women who are wearing maid outfits or collars and have a "come hither" look on their face, looking utterly subservient. These poor girls have been taught by anime that a woman's role in life is to be subservient and weak, which is of course not true.

I think that anime has a negative influence on young girls. Do you agree?

<cough> feminist <cough>

>.>

Nah, I'm joking. But really, that's fairly ridiculous, and if you should be blaming anybody, it should be the parents. If parents let their "10-11 year old daughters" watch anime like He is my Master, then it's their fault when children get to the point of what you're complaining about.

And, out of all the anime I've watched, most of them have "reightous", or usually female dog-y girls... I hate the no cuss rule...

And I'll agree with a previous poster that those types of anime effect old men more than young girls (Grins). Another thing is, that with all of the schools teaching how important women are, and that they're equal to men, it's really their fault if they still believe they're supposed to be slaves.

Although... I wouldn't mind having a brain-washed girl around my age to... erm, nevermind.

So TL,DR: Nah, I don't think so. It's either the girl's thick-headedness or the parent's stupidity.

Years
  • I'd say it has an even worse influence on grown men.
    Pretty much sums up my view on this topic. Not the entire industry is built around fanservice anime, and fanservice anime is generally enjoyed by a certain audience. Young girls typically don't watch these types of shows, anyhow; shoujo manga and anime, which features men doing bad things instead of girls, are more popular among young girls. ._.;

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Not really. Maybe if they're watching stuff targeted for adults, but even that's questionable. If the parents are responsible, they'll look at the ratings and decide what's appropriate for their child to watch. If you have an easily influenced child, you shouldn't let them watch whatever they want anyway.

Saying "anime teaches bad morals" is a gross over-generalization. Most of the stuff I watch is stuff I would be completely comfortable showing to my hypothetical daughter.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I definitely think it does. It teaches young girls to argue for hours on end over which male character or yaoi relationship is the superior and "more canon".

God, I hate fangirls.

I second that, being one myself XD

It all depends on the series. Some of them do no such thing, some do. There are even series where a minor female character may be even more powerful than the main male protagonist and the like.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Then again, who watches anime for their morals?

I say anime influences everyone. Why would anyone download 100++ episodes from the net, have scanslations, cosplay etc.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    NOT ALL ANIME IS NAUGHTY TENTACLES GIANT BOOBS FAPFAPFAP LOL
    /caps lock yeah!

fanservicey anime. is. not. for. kids.
    Just because its animated, doesn't mean kids should watch it. unfortunately some people don't understand this. and think anything animated = for kids

as much as I myself enjoy fanservicy stuff. I'm not gonna let my kids watch it. I think its either. the girls are really stupid for imitating that. or the parents are stupid for letting their kids watch stuff like that B|

but whatever
    Most little girls don't watch that stuff anyways
    When i was younger. I was into Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon. Girly girl power shows like PowerPuff Girls
    where girls are the hero.

I do think it has more influence on dirty old men ;<

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • I think it has more of an influence on Japanese fan art creators if you know what I mean.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    anime have good influence on girls,just depends on what they watch.(they need to know that if they want a boy act like the girls on negima!:)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't think girls are that easily influenced by that sort of stuff, but more likely find it cute(the clothes).

I'd be more worried about the girls discussing if Naruto or Sasuke would be on top.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Do I Have To Get A Pic Of Koda Kumi Here?
    It's Like ~ It's Telling Girls They Can Do & Wear & Feel Whatever They Want. Like Koda Kumi is a Idol To Most Women For Not Caring What People Think About She Wears. (Which I Have To Second - Trust Me, Her PVs Are ..A Lickle Bit Over The Top But Just To Tell Girls It's Not To Care About What You Wear :D)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Do I Have To Get A Pic Of Koda Kumi Here?
    It's Like ~ It's Telling Girls They Can Do & Wear & Feel Whatever They Want. Like Koda Kumi is a Idol To Most Women For Not Caring What People Think About She Wears. (Which I Have To Second - Trust Me, Her PVs Are ..A Lickle Bit Over The Top But Just To Tell Girls It's Not To Care About What You Wear :D)

We're talking about anime, not Japanese Idols, which should be brought up.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Do you think that anime teaches bad morals to girls?
    well, it depends what anime it is but some I don't think they do, girls should just act and behave the way they want to be honest
    Does it have a negative influence on girls, do you agree?
    Like I just said, it all depends on the anime and what rating it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back