• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Does anyone have Pokerus yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    i find it kind of not of much use in this version. its so easy to train EV now

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    I know this topic is a bit old, but if anyone had pokerus, could they please pass it to me? Just pm me.

Thanks in advance!

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I've got a HA Fletchling with Pokerus off of the Wonder Trade. Then again, crazy stuff has happened on the WT, right?

BTW, I know the Pokerus last for about 3-4 days, but does Pokerus stay on the Pokemon while it's in the PC. My Talonflame caught it and it wore off after a few days (I'm using Flame Body for faster breeding so she's always in my party) yet when my boxed Chesnaught caught it, she still has it after 2 weeks.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • I've got a HA Fletchling with Pokerus off of the Wonder Trade. Then again, crazy stuff has happened on the WT, right?

BTW, I know the Pokerus last for about 3-4 days, but does Pokerus stay on the Pokemon while it's in the PC. My Talonflame caught it and it wore off after a few days (I'm using Flame Body for faster breeding so she's always in my party) yet when my boxed Chesnaught caught it, she still has it after 2 weeks.

Yes it stays, BTW that espurr sig is creepy!!! and awesome!!

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • BTW, I know the Pokerus last for about 3-4 days, but does Pokerus stay on the Pokemon while it's in the PC. My Talonflame caught it and it wore off after a few days (I'm using Flame Body for faster breeding so she's always in my party) yet when my boxed Chesnaught caught it, she still has it after 2 weeks.

To add to the above, as long as they aren't in your Party, the Pokerus expiration counter should stay frozen until you take them out of the PC boxes and I'm sad that it doesn't infect while in the box anymore (I seriously remembered it can infect others in the box... could be me being delusional oh well.) I've traded out about 60 pokerus'd pokemon... hahaha... Wonder Trade... makes me laugh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    I'm on my 6th box of strictly pokerus'd pokemon. What I do is when I get a pokerus'd pokemon I infect all my part pokemon and so on.

Years
  • I just got Pokerus for the first time in any Pokemon game ever! :D I was pretty excited about it since I'd read about it already, but never experienced it for myself! I've played Blue, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Pearl, and Platinum and never gotten Pokerus before! Then again, I have probably put more hours into my X game than I did in all those other ones combined! XD It's just too bad that more than half of my main team was already level 100 when they got infected. =P Oh well! It was still exciting! :3

I've already infected other Pokemon in my PC boxes and sent a few out through Wonder Trade and the GTS. =) I'll keep sending out infected Pokemon when I'm not working on my Y game, my X Pokedex, or shiny hunting. :D

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Yesterday, my friend gave me a Pokemon infected with Pokerus.
    It's keeping it forever (or for however long I can keep it with Pokerus, lol)

The first thing I did was infect some Tyrunts with good IVs (Some didn't though) and Egg Moves and Wonder Traded them.

Bryony

Oh my, oh my?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Sadly not..

Have never got anything worth freaking out about..

Years
  • Sadly not..

Have never got anything worth freaking out about..

I haven't either until X & Y! Now I have a bunch of shiny Pokemon (before X & Y my only shiny was the red Gyarados from Gold/Silver that everyone gets) and Pokerus to boot! :D

Normally I have abysmal luck with nearly everything, but X & Y has been good to me! :3

ETA: You should head over to the Friend Code sharing thread and add some people! Friend Safari grinding is a good way to get shinies and maybe even Pokerus! ;) Also, Wonder Trading can be really fun! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I've gotten a few pokemon over wonder trade with Pokerus, im just storing them in a box so i can infect the rest of my pokemon.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I got the Pokerus yesterday from a GTS trade. Someone gave away their Timid Gengar that had egg moves... maybe they cloned it? Not sure why they would ditch it.

My Fletchinder got the virus, while carting around my Eevee (I was EV training it, since it caught the virus), but it only lasted a few hours... maybe it's easier to catch now, but lasts a shorter amount of time?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    That's weird. I remember reading a thread somewhere and they were discussing how long it lasts. Someone said that it apparently got cured within a few steps for some and a few battles for others. I've been able to keep it on them since they got it, which has been around 3-5 days.

Years
  • Yeah, I had read that my Pokemon would be contagious for a few days, but it was only a few hours before my main team was no longer contagious. Luckily, I had already infected several from my box, so I just use one of those when I want to infect more! XD

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
    Years
  • Got 5 pokemon with pokerus (none infected by me, received all from trades). Too scared to use them for fear of the virus curing itself.

Back