• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Does anyone know how to modify Pokemon Ash Gray with Dragon Ball version?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    I do want to do this myself because I am a fan of Dragon Ball Z because my favorite DBZ character was Vegeta who was the Prince of ALL Saiyans and I would like to have him as the main protagonist for Pokemon Ash Gray while Goku will be the Pokemon Champion since his Pokemon was more powerful than anybody else. However I feared that the script will not work, so any body? Edit: The script for Goku will be like "Hey (player name), It's been a long time since my battle with you was tie when we were rivals!" and Message 2, Goku will say "I am an undefeated Champion so let's show our final (Pokemon) battle to everyone!" and then battle with Pokemon Champion (Goku) and his defeat script was "(player name), You are now the strongest trainer and my 1st strongest foe by becoming a champion!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    I really don't encourage hacking another person's hack. Please make your own hack and to do so, read some of the tutorials from the Pokecommunity. First tip? Use the search bar. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    I really don't encourage hacking another person's hack. Please make your own hack and to do so, read some of the tutorials from the Pokecommunity. First tip? Use the search bar. :D
    Um I don't know how to make my own Pokemon hack since I'm a beginner for ROM hack like that so yeah.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Um I don't know how to make my own Pokemon hack since I'm a beginner for ROM hack like that so yeah.

The first step is in bold.

Aaaand... Read some tutorials here. It will help you. I guarantee it. https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I don't. I don't understand. Beyond the discouragement of using non-base ROMs as a "base," starting with Ash Gray doesn't even seem to help with what you're attempting to produce. You want to take the Ash Gray ROM and modify two scripts in it? So it is a "Dragon Ball Z" game with 99.99999% Pokemon anime events?

And the answer to your second post, as BlackWhiteRobin said, is to learn. Do you think everyone in this sub was born with the innate ability to produce ROM hacks? Start with one of the many introductory tutorials and you'll very quickly be able to do significantly more than what the OP says you want to modify. And you'll also realize that it makes zero sense for you to use Ash Gray as a "base."

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    I don't. I don't understand. Beyond the discouragement of using non-base ROMs as a "base," starting with Ash Gray doesn't even seem to help with what you're attempting to produce. You want to take the Ash Gray ROM and modify two scripts in it? So it is a "Dragon Ball Z" game with 99.99999% Pokemon anime events?

And the answer to your second post, as BlackWhiteRobin said, is to learn. Do you think everyone in this sub was born with the innate ability to produce ROM hacks? Start with one of the many introductory tutorials and you'll very quickly be able to do significantly more than what the OP says you want to modify. And you'll also realize that it makes zero sense for you to use Ash Gray as a "base."
    ... I do realize that so I decided to NOT upload on that one but to play the game myself. *hands up and worries about it* (I know how to role play so yeah)

Years
    If you want, I can insert Goku and Vegeta in a pokemon game on Game Boy Advance. (I'm not sure for Vegeta but it should be not difficult)
    But I don't want to modify a hack, I can only modify the original game if you want.

Last edited:
    Back